Partial Lunar Eclipse From Greece

Old September 7th 06, 10:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy,fr.sci.astronomie.amateur,de.sci.astronomie,fr.sci.astronomie
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Default Partial Lunar Eclipse From Greece

Dear Friends,

Although I had doubts about pursuing this evening's partial eclipse due
to the low altitude of the moon during the eclipse for my geographical
location, the Greek gods were with me and provided for a stunning event,
ideal weather conditions and relatively good seeing in spite of the low
lunar altitude. The partial eclipse was such that it gave the
ground-based observer the impression that the "top" of the moon had been
chopped off. This was true even during the penumbral phase and which
became more dominant and visible during the umbral stage.

I am happy to present you with an image at eclipse maximum as well as a
digital mosaic centered on eclipse maximum as well as partial stages 30
minutes (before/after eclipse maximum and during the umbral stage) and
60 minutes (before/after eclipse maximum and during the penumbral stage).

For those interested, I kindly direct them to the following two links:

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2006-09-07.htm and
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2006-09-07b.htm .

Clear skies and best wishes from Greece.

Anthony.
Old September 8th 06, 12:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy,fr.sci.astronomie.amateur,de.sci.astronomie,fr.sci.astronomie
Jo

In ,
Anthony Ayiomamitis typed:

For those interested, I kindly direct them to the following two links:

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2006-09-07.htm and
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2006-09-07b.htm .

Clear skies and best wishes from Greece.

Thank you for the great photographs Anthony.

During the event I was running over a forest cloaked hill in Wales just
after sunset under clear skies. I got some great views of the eclipse
whenever I came to a clearing. As you say, it was not of great scientific
significance but a memorable event anyway.

Thanks again,

Jo

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM