Star Party ( kind of )

Old July 26th 05, 11:51 PM
Starlord

Default Star Party ( kind of )

I'll be passing out a flyer and sending notes to local papers saying that on
Aug. 5, 2005 I'll be going up to a viewing area northwest of Rosamond for a
night of Dark sky viewing and anyone with a telescope is welcome to join up.

The site is outside of Rosamond and there is a long cement slab that can be
driven up onto to and scopes set up on.

I'll be leaving from the Albertsons parking lot about 7pm to get to the
place before dark for setting up.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

Old July 27th 05, 01:37 AM
Llanzlan Klazmon

"Mij Adyaw" wrote in

Where is Rosamond? What state?

Californeyeo, I believe. Mojave desert near Edwards air base.

Klzmon

SNIP
Old July 27th 05, 02:32 AM
Starlord

Yep, Calif. just west of Edwards AFB, that's 100 miles north of Los Angeles.

High Mojave Desert.

Very informal, just testing the sands kindof, to see if anyone shows up.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net