Jeff Medkeff's web presence?

Old December 5th 04, 06:57 AM
Brian Tung

Default Jeff Medkeff's web presence?

Does anyone know what has happened with Jeff Medkeff's web sites?

http://www.roboticobservatory.com/
http://jeff.medkeff.com/

He's been last witnessed writing a review of the PST in the latest
issue of Astronomy, but since these reviews are typically written
months in advance, it doesn't shed any light, I'm afraid.

Any thoughts?

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt
Old December 5th 04, 03:14 PM
Rod Mollise

He's been last witnessed writing a review of the PST in the latest
issue of Astronomy, but since these reviews are typically written
months in advance, it doesn't shed any light, I'm afraid.

HI Brian:

Well, he couldn't have written the PST review too long ago...it hasn't been out
that long. My guess? People get busy, revamp websites, etc.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old December 5th 04, 05:52 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Bill Becker wrote:
You might try the amastro Yahoo group. I haven't listened in for a long
stretch of time but I do remember Jeff being an active poster there.

Btw...that group is really awesome because it can get into the *very*
technical side of astronomy...right up your alley, me thinks. ;^)

Or I think more appropriately: the technical side of observing, with a
focus on the objects themselves and observing techniques (rather than
equipment). Much of the discussion concerns obscure objects and obscure
catalogs. Don't know if that's up Brian's alley, but I'm certain he'd
fit right in there.

Clear skies,
Greg

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

To reply have a physician remove your spleen
Old December 5th 04, 05:59 PM
Tom Polakis

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:57:41 +0000 (UTC), Brian Tung wrote:

Does anyone know what has happened with Jeff Medkeff's web sites?

Brian,

Jeff's Web site is now:

http://www.medkeff.com/jeff/

As you suspected, Jeff wrote the review about a year ago. Since then, he
has moved from southern Arizona to Alaska. I think he sold the
roboticobservatory business.

By the way, Jeff handed over ownership of Amastro to me last year. Greg's
post sums up the group well. Your presence would be welcome.

Tom
Old December 5th 04, 07:09 PM
Bill Becker

"Greg Crinklaw" wrote in message
Bill Becker wrote:
[...]

Yep, that's what I meant to say. ;^)

Best regards,
Bill

Old December 5th 04, 07:20 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Tom Polakis wrote:

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:57:41 +0000 (UTC), Brian Tung wrote:

Does anyone know what has happened with Jeff Medkeff's web sites?

Brian,

Jeff's Web site is now:

http://www.medkeff.com/jeff/

As you suspected, Jeff wrote the review about a year ago. Since then,
he has moved from southern Arizona to Alaska. I think he sold the
roboticobservatory business.

Wow. I had no idea...

Clear skies,
Greg

Old December 6th 04, 05:23 AM
Nakomas

Did someone take it over? The robotic business? Reason I ask is
our club was talking about consulting with him, but if he's moved on ? ....
nk