how often does the planets Line Up? 500 years//

Old November 1st 06, 03:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
[email protected]

Default how often does the planets Line Up? 500 years//

i have updated an excel spreadsheet, follows.

how often does the planets Line Up? 500 years//

whooah, i may need to include an attachment- table
does not display well in text.! (body of email.)

don.mcdonald wellington nz. Adapted.
1-11-2006. "7x planets line up V=config, norbert haley
APD, 23.10.2006."
astronomical pocket diary................

the handbook of the british astronomical assn 1976.
BAA.
elements of the planetary orbits

commensurability of solar system years.XXXXXXXXXX
mean elements for the Epoch 1976 january 1.5 ET.

planet sidereal period no. orbits=365.256*500/days
days (500 Earth years.) Rounded.Fractionalpart/error.
Mercury 87.969 2076.049517 2076 0.050
Venus 224.701 812.7600678 813 -0.240
Earth 365.256 500 500 0.000
Mars 686.98 265.8418003 266 -0.158
Jupiter 4332.59 42.15215379 42 0.152
Saturn 10759.2 16.97412447 17 -0.026
Uranus 30684.9 5.951722183 6 -0.048
Neptun. 60190.3 3.034176603 3 0.034
(Pluto) x2

"cuox2D12hr== see u round again X2, 12hrs after 500
years. (LASER reflector.)"
"therefore, many photons make minimum closed traveling
salesman tour of solar system."

commensurability of solar system years.
no. of orbits was ALWAYS much closer to a whole number
than a half.

"the greatest offsets from a whole number were 0.76,
0.84, and 0.15."
"five planets, MER EART SAT URA NEPT are within .05 of
a whole no. orbits!"

The problem is similar to relative atomic mass.
There isn't an exact lowest common multiple.
where carbon atom is a standard of 12 units.

"In the Planets' case, all planets complete nearly
a whole no. orbits in 500 Earth years."

Better than Titus//-Bode's Law????
Donald S. McDonald.
THIs is just so easy to remember. HOORAY! MNEMONICs.

Don S. McDonald

Old November 1st 06, 06:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
Starlord

It is my understanding that the planets NEVER totaly line up, that the best
you can have is a close grouping but never in a true line.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

ups.com...

Old November 1st 06, 12:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
RMOLLISE

Hi:

I'm sure it's a nice spreadsheet and all, but like you've been told,
this can't and won't happen.

Old November 1st 06, 08:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
IRO

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

It is my understanding that the planets NEVER totaly line up, that the best
you can have is a close grouping but never in a true line.

You then have to ask "what is the significance of such a grouping?"
Nothing I can think of.

--
~IRO
(enzed = nz)
Old November 1st 06, 10:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
Starlord

I didn't say there was something special about that, I just said that the
planets didn't line up, that the closes would be a grouping of them. If
you've been on S.A.A. for any time you should know that I don't say anything
unless I happen to know about the subject.

Old November 2nd 06, 02:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
Nig

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

I didn't say there was something special about that, I just said that the
planets didn't line up, that the closes would be a grouping of them. If
you've been on S.A.A. for any time you should know that I don't say anything
unless I happen to know about the subject.

I think he was referring to the original posting by Don McD. A grouping
is a pretty sight on a good night, but of no more significance.

--
Nigel
Old November 2nd 06, 02:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
[email protected]

Default how often planets Line Up? 500 years//one zodiac sign?

how often does the planets Line Up? 500 years//
WITHIN ONE ZODIAC SIGN e.g.

how often planets Line Up? 500 years//one zodiac sign?

try to be intelligent. and read [below] what the original poster wrote,
please.
A VERY NEAT PROPERTY!!

do you know maths 'incommensurable?'
if one thousand planets line up for you- then..
they won't for me if i am one atom off the line.

the planets are not fixed real numbers or rational numbers.

the chemists knew that and made a very useful law.
elements combine in (fixed proportions.) Approximations.

Old November 2nd 06, 06:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
Starlord

The planets never truly line up, it's a simple deal that not all of the 8
planets will ever be in the right place at the right time for that to
happen.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

ups.com...

Old November 2nd 06, 12:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
RMOLLISE

Dennis:

He's a LOON. Forget him. NO matter how much explaining you try to do,
he/she/it will NEVER, ever get it--it would be like trying to explain
physics to DannyBoy Min or Ed Coalhead. ;-)

Starlord wrote:
The planets never truly line up, it's a simple deal that not all of the 8
planets will ever be in the right place at the right time for that to
happen.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

ups.com...

Old November 2nd 06, 02:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,nz.general
Joe S.[_2_]

oups.com...

Or, as my old Granddaddy would say: "Like showing a wris****ch to a hawg."

Starlord wrote:
The planets never truly line up, it's a simple deal that not all of the 8
planets will ever be in the right place at the right time for that to
happen.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy