noo too groop

Old May 6th 16, 04:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Eggs-Ackley

Default noo too groop

Hello.
I can actually write English as well. I am a newcomer to the group.
I have had an active interest in astronomy for 15 years, roughly.

My wife and I produce a weekly 1 hour radio show about astronomy at a
local community radio station (member supported). The nice thing for us
about doing a weekly radio show is that you don't necessarily have to be
an "expert" to have a show. You can invite "experts" on to talk about
their area of expertise.
Also, researching the topics of our weekly shows adds very quickly to
our knowledge of this domain in science.
We are also starting to engage in public outreach via sidewalk
astronomy and guest selection on our radio show.
My current inventory of equipment (the bigger bits, at least):
1968 Cave Astrola 8"
Orion Skyview pro mount

and still in the shipping boxes:

iOptron iEQ45 and tripod.

I have fantasies about using the new mount to conduct supernova
searches. A neighbor of mine in Raheny, Dublin, Ireland discovered two!
We will see how that ambition plays out.
Now that we are in America on the west coast, we have about 500% more
clear sky nights than we did back in Ireland. It's, if you will excuse
the pun, "heavenly" out here. (Although I must admit the "seeing" locally
seems a bit bumpier than in Ireland. But we now have a LOT more nights
available, and that outweighs.)

Warmest regards to all the contributors in sci.astro.amateur.

Eggs Ackley

Old May 6th 16, 04:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 11:49:25 AM UTC-4, Eggs-Ackley wrote:

edit

Warmest regards to all the contributors in sci.astro.amateur.

Except, of course, RichA, who starts most of the decent threads.