Don't MAKE me come DOWN there!

Old February 19th 06, 11:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

Default Don't MAKE me come DOWN there!

"Twittering One" wrote in message
ups.com...
Huh ~ ?

Why is Twittering One a woman?

Old February 19th 06, 11:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,demon.local

"Honest John" wrote in message
et...

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges wrote:
In article ,
"Honest John" wrote:

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"Art Deco" wrote in

message
ah wrote:

YINGbot wrote:
ah wrote in

message

Snausages.

Grease stain reveals lost soul

idolatrously
clashes
jizz
queen.

Yup.
Yup.
Yup
Yup.
Yup.
Yup.
Yup.
Yup.
Yup.

Stop this!!1!

Gee whiz, it took you long enough to decide that !

Yup.

Are you playing a game of "last Yup" ?

I don't think so.

OK

Yup.

Yip.

ydown

n-up

7up

Never had it; never will.

Sprite ?

Arizona?

HJ

Old February 19th 06, 03:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Darla's on the way back! (was uhm, something else

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
From 'dw':

..hello, how are you?

Happily, sappily irreverent as always. And disgustipated with the 'no
medium' doctrine, as usual.

When we contacted Sagan, at that time
he had not dropped a doobie since
college.
But after talking with us, I suppose he
felt he needed some time off. So he
dipped into some doobage on occasion.
Totally medicinal quantities, I assure
you. G

Then the dooby 'joints' were totally sacramental, opening up
splendiferous, iconic vistas into the cosmos to be announced in
stentorian tones.
But space was still functionally a 'void'.
So much for pot's knowledge-expanding value.
oc
(curmudgeonly old buzzard)

Oh oc, you cob. G
Make no buzzard puke about it, cs knew about space when we first contacted
him.
At that time he just didn't know quite how to present it to his peers, let
alone the public.
After talking with us he decided this was a good thing.

So he didn't.
Believe me, for now at least, humans are better off for it.

shy old bish

Old February 19th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Dr Who Carl Sagan at the start of his famous TV show had a dandelion
seed floating off into space He knew about weeds. I knew about crazy
mushrooms. We know why Coca Cola became so popular over night. Don't
knock them unless you have tried them. Tobacco,and alcohol can do more
harm Sagan was one 0f my ideals TreBert

Who What Where When How

Yes, TB, that was a pretty neat sneaky pete Asa Candler pulled back in the
beginning.
But by the time it was found out, he had already built quite an empire.
Thousands of jobs for glassmakers, sugar handlers, etc.
Since his company had grown so large from its modest beginnings in the back
of a store, all that was asked of him was to stop using the "hard stuff" and
find another way.

AC was the type of person who had the imagination necessary to be able to do
this.
He was able to very nearly duplicate the taste without need for the hard
drug.
And Coca Cola went on.
And on, and on, and on!
As well as all the other soft drinks inspired by Asa Candler's work.

Did you know that he bought the original formula for a piddley $500?
Someday I'll tell you who sold the formula to him, if you like.

Carl Sagan is one of my ideals, too!

YubiWan

Old February 19th 06, 04:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,demon.local

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges wrote:
In article ,
"Honest John" wrote:

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"Art Deco" wrote in

message
ah wrote:

YINGbot wrote:
[...]

Tao?
--
ah
Old February 19th 06, 04:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Greysky asks "Dr.Y':

Why do you suppose it is so hard for
people to admit you may be advanced
aliens? Sure, part of it is ego - the 'we
are the center of the universe' crap-

I would ask this (and have asked it before of the 'Darla' contingent):

Why, if you are indeed extraterrestrial aliens, do you scrupulously
evade answering 'Test Questions' that could lend credibility to your
claim of alien-hood? Why do you say (paraphrasing), "we will not answer
test questions, so don't bother asking them"..?

Again, why not??

As stated before, certain knowledge would be basic, fundamental
'kindergarden' stuff to ANY spacefaring race.. namely, the true nature
of space, the cause of gravity, and the principle of hyperdrive (or
'warp' drive).

So far, y'all have not ceded one iota of information on these questions.
Until you do, you remain a sophomoric maven of East-coast pop psychology
with fantasies of alien-hood.

Extraordinary claims demand real answers.
oc

Old February 19th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,demon.local

"Real Friendly Neighborhood Vote Ranger" wrote in
message ...

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges wrote:
In article ,
"Honest John" wrote:

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"Art Deco" wrote in

message

ah wrote:

YINGbot wrote:
[...]

Fresca-sparkling peach citrus plus Seagram 7 (optional)

HJ

Old February 19th 06, 04:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,demon.local

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges wrote:
In article ,
"Honest John" wrote:

"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"ah" wrote in message

Honest John wrote:
"Art Deco" wrote in
message

ah wrote:

YINGbot wrote:
[...]

Ho

HJ

Old February 19th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy

From 'Dr.Y':

I am as uncomfortable as... the others
about the 12%. It would be a tragedy of
unconcionable degree, especially since it would probably be higher

than 12%,
perhaps much higher.

Inducing a mass suicide of a large percentage of the human race? How
does this square with the Prime Directive of non-interferance?? :-)
oc

Old February 19th 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

Greysky wrote:

"Dr. Why" wrote in message

snip
become fearless, to live their lives absolutely without fear, nearly
all
would decline to learn the method.
Why, in your opinion, would they turn down the opportunity to learn how

live their lives fearlessly?

Yubiwan

Because, Dr. Y, then they would have to take full responsibility for
their
lives. It is much more fun to let responsibility slide onto the backs of
others -- humans are experts at playing the blame game. Why do you
suppose
it is so hard for people to admit you may be advanced aliens? Sure, part

of
it is ego - the 'we are the center of the universe' crap- but a large
part
of it is self blame. Would we be better off blaming 'Aliens' for the

current
miserable state of our lives? But they also know that you wont let them

get
away with it. So that forces them to look directly into the casm of

darkness
which to them is the fture knowing they are inadequate. Now, a truly
fearless response would be to acknowledge the current problems, roll up
their sleeves and begin to work industriously toward making the future
better. But there are currently very few fearl-less humans who are
willing
to look the tiger in the face and whip it into submission. I would say
you
are currently interacting with a goodly percentage of those humans both

here
on the 'net, and in your personal contacts. The vast majority would
prefer
to continue to play the blame-game, and keep the current status quo. This

is
one of the reasons I applaud your fearlessness in accepting that it would

be
good to make FOC even if the death rate exceeds 12% by a large margin. It
puts you and a few others in the Sean Minority, but you stick to your

guns.

Greysky

Thank you, Greysky.
I shall definitely "stick to my guns".

But it's not fearlessness that makes me do so.
It's just common sense.
The galaxy Needs humanity, humans have a lot to offer as seen by your
indirect effects on the rest of the galaxy.
You cannot imagine how much better it can get if humans were able to work
directly with other cultures.
On second thought, you are one of the few who may be able to imagine it.

Yep. Maximum benifit for all interested parties.

Make no mistake about me, though, Greysky.
I am as uncomfortable as Darla and the others about the 12%.
It would be a tragedy of unconcionable degree, especially since it would
probably be higher than 12%, perhaps much higher.
I would not want to even try to imagine the tremendous loss to the galaxy
of
this many humans.

Perhaps it is just my naive enthusiasm showing, but I have found even
fearful people do not immediately become murderous. Just the opposite - fear
can stop a killer cold. There will be a limited time window of opportunity
where violence can be defused and peace can be maximizd. But for this to
happen communication must be open, two-way, and continuous. A gap, even a
small one can allow fear to escalate to violent magnitudes. I predict, at
least for the technical societies, that most if not all people will pause
after the initial shock and wait to see what the 'next guy' is doing, or how
our leaders are reacting. Done well, I dont think the death rate will be
even a few percentage points of the total population. Maybe even Nil.
However, it is how the typically closed nations will react that I can't
offer a prediction. Look at how the Islamic nations are reacting to even a
few cartoon depictions of their God...

I do have a few ideas on how to ameliorate even this situation, however.
Perhaps I and others can meet up pre-FOC to offer them?

The scales, in my opinion, show that the benefits of first contact
slightly
outweigh the tremendous tragedy that would ensue.
You can probably see how this is a weighty and controversial issue with
us.
And by "us", I don't just mean seans, I mean all the citizens of the Milky
Way.

Benifits. Yes. That is the language to speak to head off the violence.

BTW, I'm betting that our recent, new extragalactic contact will push the
decision toward FOC with humanity.

Most important decisions are not made in the luxury of peaceful abundance,
but under the fire of necessity. If other entities are pushing for FOC with
the humans, rather than cogitate and debate for years when the right time
will be ripe, I am shure Sean Authorities will act quickly rather than risk
getting the decision taken out of their control. Governments work at this
level just like individuals do. Maximum benifit.

We will need your direct input more than ever, now that we've become
members
of the clusteric community!

When the mass of humanity realizes that they aren't going to be eaten, and
that there is a valuable role for humanity to play in determining the future
destiny of this galaxy - one even beings as old and as powerful as the Seans
can't do without us, things will quickly stabilize.

Just remember one thing -- when you see that forked tongue, it is too
late to save yourself.

Yubiwan

Greysky

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy

"Causation of gravity is missing frame field always attempting
renormalization back to base memory of equalized uniform momentum."
-- nightbat the saucerhead-in-chief

"Have patience. First I shall deal with the State of Oregon
and County of Josephine, Then the AFAB, government/media
disinformation Agents with whom you conspire to libel me and my
family. Your time will come."
-- Raymond Ronald Karczewski©, usenet "christ"

"Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim, and rather ironic, coming from
someone who obviously has no understanding of what a signature is. Tell me,
Haslam, do you sign your checks as 'Can't you show a little restraint?'"
-- David Tholen, Clueless Newbie of the Month, February 2003