The Great Andromeda Galaxy, M31 in Hydrogen-alpha

Old August 23rd 09, 05:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Danilo Pivato

Default The Great Andromeda Galaxy, M31 in Hydrogen-alpha

Hi all,

I have the pleasure of presenting a new image framing the northern part
of the Great Andromeda Galaxy, M31.
The shots are the result of 2 nights split into 2 x 3 x 1800 seconds of
exposure
through the use of the telescope Takahashi BRC250 with ccd ST10 XME +
H-Alpha filter.
www.danilopivato.com
Regards

Danilo Pivato

Old August 23rd 09, 09:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Danilo Pivato wrote:

Hi all,

I have the pleasure of presenting a new image framing the northern part
of the Great Andromeda Galaxy, M31.
The shots are the result of 2 nights split into 2 x 3 x 1800 seconds of
exposure
through the use of the telescope Takahashi BRC250 with ccd ST10 XME +
H-Alpha filter.
www.danilopivato.com

And it was _my_ pleasure to see your photo. Many thanks!

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old August 23rd 09, 11:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
be

Danilo Pivato wrote:
Hi all,

I have the pleasure of presenting a new image framing the northern part
of the Great Andromeda Galaxy, M31.
The shots are the result of 2 nights split into 2 x 3 x 1800 seconds of
exposure
through the use of the telescope Takahashi BRC250 with ccd ST10 XME +
H-Alpha filter.
www.danilopivato.com
Regards

Danilo Pivato

Danilo, that is great work, love the detail, it is good to do the big
image like that, I hope you complete it. Must be a great telescope. How
did you guide it? (on your website a little error: 3! x 3 x 1800).

Brian
Old August 24th 09, 02:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thomas Womack

In article ,
Danilo Pivato wrote:
Hi all,

I have the pleasure of presenting a new image framing the northern part
of the Great Andromeda Galaxy, M31.
The shots are the result of 2 nights split into 2 x 3 x 1800 seconds of
exposure
through the use of the telescope Takahashi BRC250 with ccd ST10 XME +
H-Alpha filter.
www.danilopivato.com

That's a lovely image; I particularly like the little blobs of H-alpha
emission that look rather like tropical thunderstorms do in satellite
pictures of Africa. Do you happen to know how big M42 or the Carina
nebula would look on that image scale?

Tom
Old August 26th 09, 08:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Danilo Pivato

Thanks Brian,
I immediately corrected. I have guide with the second sensor
Danilo P.

"be" ha scritto nel messaggio
l.nl...

Old August 26th 09, 08:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Danilo Pivato

Thanks Tomas!
I believe the M42 to the scale should be much, much smaller

Danilo P.