C10-NGT user reviews?

Old April 12th 04, 02:13 PM
Joseph Costa

Default C10-NGT user reviews?

Does anyone out there own one of the Celestron Advanced
Series 10-inch Newtonians? I've read suspicions that the
CG-5 mount (even with the new beefed-up tripod) isn't
up to supporting this scope . . . can someone with first-hand
experience relate their opinion?

Joe
Old April 12th 04, 02:18 PM
Rod Mollise

Does anyone out there own one of the Celestron Advanced
Series 10-inch Newtonians? I've read suspicions that the
CG-5 mount (even with the new beefed-up tripod) isn't
up to supporting this scope . . . can someone with first-hand
experience relate their opinion?

Hi:
The reports I've heard have been quite positive. You might want to subscribe to
the AS Yahoo groups for first hand info, though.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old April 14th 04, 12:15 AM
Jack53209

I have a C-6N on a CG4 mount. Jello shakes less. I was hoping to upgrade to a
CG-5 if I ever see one that some one else owns first...
Old April 14th 04, 12:08 PM
Jon Isaacs

I have a C-6N on a CG4 mount. Jello shakes less. I was hoping to upgrade to a
CG-5 if I ever see one that some one else owns first...

WHile not the ideal mount, this combination shouldn't be too bad from what I
have seen. If you keep the legs as short as possible and all the bolts
tight, my experience with the EQ-3(same as the EQ4) mount with similar sizes
scopes is that it shouldn't be too bad.

jon