Another Orion marketing stunt

Old May 12th 05, 11:52 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Default Another Orion marketing stunt

Well are you people prepared??

http://tinyurl.com/89acy

Old May 13th 05, 12:47 AM
Chris L Peterson

On 12 May 2005 15:52:20 -0700, "Mean Mr Mustard"
wrote:

Well are you people prepared??

http://tinyurl.com/89acy

How is this a stunt? The event is real, and interesting to many people.
The factual information provided is excellent. The instruments shown are
well matched to both the event and the probable market of beginning
observers. What is wrong with a company that sells astronomical
instruments using an unusual astronomical event as a marketing tool?

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old May 13th 05, 01:59 AM
gobbletwo

wrote:

Well are you people prepared??

http://tinyurl.com/89acy

How is this a stunt? The event is real, and interesting to many people.
The factual information provided is excellent. The instruments shown are
well matched to both the event and the probable market of beginning
observers. What is wrong with a company that sells astronomical
instruments using an unusual astronomical event as a marketing tool?

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

I do agree Chris, and they DO confirm one's order, ship and deliver on
time. If a problem occurs(not usual) it is dealt with THEN & NOW.

Whats not to like?

jon :-)
Old May 13th 05, 04:40 AM
Mike Simmons

On 12 May 2005 15:52:20 -0700, Mean Mr Mustard wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/89acy

I don't get it. Solar filters sell out before solar eclipses, binoculars
and small telescopes sell when there's a bright comet coming in. Are those
stunts? I'm going to be watching and if I needed something to watch it
with this would be the time to buy it.

Mike Simmons
Old May 13th 05, 04:53 AM
Coppy Littlehouse

Well are you people prepared??

Brilliant marketing. Kudos to Orion's marketing genius for thinking of
this first. He/she should get an award, and probably a raise. Well
done, on the mark, topical, real sex appeal. Did I say brilliant?

Coppy

Old May 13th 05, 07:03 AM
CLT

Of course, it will take a much larger telescope to resolve the spaceship
hiding behind the comet. g

What's the problem?

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

To reply, remove Delete and change period com to period net
************************************************** ************

oups.com...

Old May 13th 05, 12:50 PM
Chris McMahan

holds up Guiness

BRILLIANT!

- Chris

--
(. .)
=ooO=(_)=Ooo========================
Old May 13th 05, 06:55 PM
JackP

Unfortunately the time of impact will not be visible in almost all of the
contiguous USA according to
http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/Earth_view.html
That is not mentioned in the ad.

Jack

Old May 13th 05, 08:16 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Jack,

Europe is also out of the picture (excuse the pun).

Anthony.

JackP wrote:

Unfortunately the time of impact will not be visible in almost all of the
contiguous USA according to
http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/Earth_view.html
That is not mentioned in the ad.

Jack

.. .

wrote:

Well are you people prepared??

http://tinyurl.com/89acy

How is this a stunt? The event is real, and interesting to many people.
The factual information provided is excellent. The instruments shown are
well matched to both the event and the probable market of beginning
observers. What is wrong with a company that sells astronomical
instruments using an unusual astronomical event as a marketing tool?

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com