You're a crackpot until you hit the jack pot

Old February 19th 16, 12:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default You're a crackpot until you hit the jack pot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW_FGFQMVz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQkUf-TOsmY&app=desktop

Old February 19th 16, 01:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYoLcJuBtOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSEnurBApdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyXoXVDDFFE

The film vonBraun made after retirement before he got cancer;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3KbhgDLiSU

The CIAs control of the national conversation (when that conversation is militarily important)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MNKONF_za4&app=desktop

VonBraun's past was brought up after the moon landing to stop him exploiting his popularity to promote space travel as he had done with Disney. He was relieved as director following his testimony before the war crimes commission. When he couldn't make progress in Washington he quit and began an advertising campaign. In a few weeks he was diagnosed with cancer. The only person in his family to ever die of cancer. Some of his classmates in school survive to this day. He was stopped by those who decided to marginalise space travel and focus national attention on more Earthly affairs.

We will break free of the madness of our past when those parasites who live among us those who have decided for us what we are to be those who have endeavoured to close the door vonBraun opened for us will be eradicated from human history. Only then will our future be fully enlightened by our capacity for greatness.
Old February 20th 16, 02:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Baby crawl speed. 0.6 mph
Average walking speed. 3 mph
Push bike speed. 15 mph
Automobile speed. 75 mph
Aircraft speed. 375 mph.
SST.speed. 1875 mph
Sub orbital transport. 9375 mph
Constant boost Luna. 46,875 mph
Constant Boost inner solar system. 234,375 mph

When we learn to walk we live in a different world than when we crawl. We move beyond home. When we get our first bike our world enlarges again. Our town or village is near. If we are the 20% of humanity that drives a motorcar our world enlarges yet again. Our county is home. The 0.5% of us who fly our world enlarges again. Our home is continental.

Ballistic transport makes Earth our home. Fusion rockets make Earth and moon home. Our perspective changes. Our earlier conceptions seem childlike. This is what the explorers tell us.