Breaking the Nuclear Dose Barrier for Human Transit to Mars

Old February 14th 16, 02:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Breaking the Nuclear Dose Barrier for Human Transit to Mars

For some people this will sound rather disturbing. But it is a viable allowable medical treatment. I am just releasing the bare concept right now.

Prior to launch collect bone marrow for harvesting on the way there. Shield the marrow source only from radiation storms. If the solar storm hits, relight the astronaut's body with new bone marrow. This means safe up to the brain dose barrier of 10000 rem.

Thanks Doug
millsscientific@gmail
Old February 15th 16, 03:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 9:51:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
For some people this will sound rather disturbing. But it is a viable allowable medical treatment. I am just releasing the bare concept right now.

Prior to launch collect bone marrow for harvesting on the way there. Shield the marrow source only from radiation storms. If the solar storm hits, relight the astronaut's body with new bone marrow. This means safe up to the brain dose barrier of 10000 rem.

Thanks Doug
millsscientific@gmail

Make that 10000rem number a 10000rad number for acute effect relation.

My wife works in the realm of cancer therapy. They do bone marrow grafting by injection only. They deal with rejection issues because the cells are from a donar. An injection of your own cells will not reject.

The use of simple deep cooling the astronauts grafting source should suffice for a few trips back and forth to Mars. The freezing is not necessary.

Believe it or not I jointed with NASA while I was radiation safety supervisor of the NIST lab sans reactor. They were looking for volunteer help for the NASA Mars mission that was on at the time officially. The basic rule initiated was to do the science work, volunteer, even if the project is stood down.

My official help was a reverse Bussard drive to part the solar ions. It was a simple meaning of how to plot the usefulness. And it was under-efficient. SO the need for shielding was the un-breakable conclusion.

This system should suffice.

Old February 16th 16, 10:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 9:51:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
For some people this will sound rather disturbing. But it is a viable allowable medical treatment. I am just releasing the bare concept right now.

Prior to launch collect bone marrow for harvesting on the way there. Shield the marrow source only from radiation storms. If the solar storm hits, relight the astronaut's body with new bone marrow. This means safe up to the brain dose barrier of 10000 rem.

Thanks Doug
millsscientific@gmail

They just chill the IV sacks where my wife works. I did find reference to freezing as allowed.