...All You Need is Love! Remembering John Lennon

Old December 7th 09, 02:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern
Jonathan

Default ...All You Need is Love! Remembering John Lennon

Nobody told me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10t32X5wvI

PLAYBOY: "What is the Eighties' dream to you, John?"

LENNON: Well, you make your own dream. That's the Beatles'
story, isn't it? That's Yoko's story. That's what I'm saying now.
Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go save Peru.
It's quite possible to do anything, but not to put it on the leaders
and the parking meters. Don't expect Jimmy Carter or
Ronald Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan
or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself.
That's what the great masters and mistresses have been saying
ever since time began. They can point the way, leave signposts
and little instructions in various books that are now called holy and
worshiped for the cover of the book and not for what it says, but
the instructions are all there for all to see, have always been and
always will be. There's nothing new under the sun. All the roads
lead to Rome. And people cannot provide it for you.
I can't wake you up. You can wake you up. I can't cure you.
You can cure you."

PLAYBOY: "What is it that keeps people from accepting that message?"

LENNON: "It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is.
And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around
chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that... it's all
illusion. Unknown is what what it is. Accept that it's unknown
and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown... then you're ahead
of the game. That's what it is. Right?"

(End of Interview)
http://www.beatlesinterviews.org/db1...b.beatles.html

John Lennon was murdered three months later on Dec 8, 1980

Old December 7th 09, 02:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern
lab~rat >:-)

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:30:36 -0500, "Jonathan" puked:

John Lennon was murdered three months later on Dec 8, 1980

Boo Hoo.
--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old December 7th 09, 07:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.arts.poems
Will Dockery

On Dec 7, 9:22*am, "lab~rat :-)" wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:30:36 -0500, "Jonathan" puked:

John Lennon was murdered three months later on Dec 8, 1980

Boo Hoo.

Those were strange days, indeed... I remember them like yesterday, and
not sure if I've archived those memories yet, or not, so this might be
the year to dig into that.

--
New poetry & music recordings by Will Dockery
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Old December 7th 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.arts.poems,sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern
Will Dockery

"Jonathan" wrote:

[...]

Gave me a chill there, man.

"Remember." -John Lennon

Old December 8th 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.arts.poems,sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern
Jonathan

"Will Dockery" wrote in message

Gave me a chill there, man.

"Remember." -John Lennon

Ya know I beleive in every word he said in that quote.

Old December 8th 09, 12:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern
Jonathan

"lab~rat :-)" wrote in message
news

--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Either one would be fine.

Old December 8th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.arts.poems,sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern
Will Dockery

On Dec 7, 7:17*pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Will Dockery" wrote in message

Gave me a chill there, man.
"Remember." -John Lennon

Ya know I beleive in every word he said in that quote.

Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind.

--
New poetry & music recordings by Will Dockeryhttp://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Old December 8th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.arts.poems,sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern
Jonathan

"Will Dockery" wrote in message

Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind.

Where else in the mind of your absolute stones?

Old December 8th 09, 02:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.arts.poems
the messenjah[_1_]

On Dec 7, 2:09*pm, Will Dockery wrote:
On Dec 7, 9:22*am, "lab~rat *:-)" wrote:

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:30:36 -0500, "Jonathan" puked:

John Lennon was murdered three months later on Dec 8, 1980

Boo Hoo.

Those were strange days, indeed... I remember them like yesterday, and
not sure if I've archived those memories yet, or not, so this might be
the year to dig into that.

Yes they were... December 8th is also Gregg Allman's birthday...

http://skywriter.diaryland.com

--
New poetry & music recordings by Will Dockeryhttp://www.myspace.com/willdockery

--
lab~rat *:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?- Hide quoted text -

Old December 8th 09, 06:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.arts.poetry.comments,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.arts.poems
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Dec 7, 9:22*am, "lab~rat *:-)" wrote:

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:30:36 -0500, "Jonathan" puked:

John Lennon was murdered three months later on Dec 8, 1980

Boo Hoo.

Those were strange days, indeed... I remember them like yesterday, and
not sure if I've archived those memories yet, or not, so this might be
the year to dig into that.

Yes they were... December 8th is also Gregg Allman's birthday...

Gregg is 29 already?