President Obama given Nobel Peace Prize

Old October 10th 09, 05:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
J0nathan

Default President Obama given Nobel Peace Prize

Truth is always stranger than fiction.

Old October 10th 09, 01:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Sylvia Else

J0nathan wrote:
Truth is always stranger than fiction.

The nobel peace prize is, and always has been, higly political. It
should be abolished. Then they could give more prize money to the
winners in other areas.

Sylvia.
Old October 10th 09, 02:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
kT

Sylvia Else wrote:
J0nathan wrote:
Truth is always stranger than fiction.

The nobel peace prize is, and always has been, higly political. It
should be abolished. Then they could give more prize money to the
winners in other areas.

Actually, I wish they would politicize the science prizes too.

The have the power to wield, so they should use it.

Sylvia.

Old October 10th 09, 02:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Sid9[_2_]

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message
J0nathan wrote:
Truth is always stranger than fiction.

The nobel peace prize is, and always has been, higly political. It
should be abolished. Then they could give more prize money to the
winners in other areas.

Sylvia.

..
..

It's a private foundation.

It's their money they do with it as they please.

They choose to award President Obama for the change he has made
removing the arrogance and belligerence from the bush,jr/Cheney
American foreign policy.

Old October 10th 09, 03:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Pat Flannery

Sylvia Else wrote:
The nobel peace prize is, and always has been, higly political. It
should be abolished.

I say we blow it up with dynamite.
As one of my friends wondered, if he now sends more troops to
Afghanistan, can they take it back?
Although I'm a Obama supporter*, I can't think of any particular thing
he has done to deserve this prize.
I'd have given it to Charles Johnson for deciding not to back neo-Nazis
on Little Green Footballs anymore, as that took real courage.
....It also took his realization that after all the Islamomaniacs were
chased back home, Jews would be next on the list, and having your blog
be awarded the Jerusalem Post's "Best Israel Advocacy Blog" in 2005 is
one thing, but having to move your Righteous Gentile ass to Israel is
quite another. :-D

* I lay little offerings for his health before my FDR Shrine each day,
and pray that some crazed lesbian doesn't shoot him later today to
impress Mylie Cyrus, ala' "Taxi Driver".

Pat
Old October 10th 09, 04:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:39:10 -0400, "Sid9" wrote:

They choose to award President Obama for the change he has made
removing the arrogance and belligerence from the bush,jr/Cheney
American foreign policy.

In 11 days? The cutoff was January 31, 2009.

Brian
Old October 10th 09, 04:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
kT

Brian Thorn wrote:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:39:10 -0400, "Sid9" wrote:

They choose to award President Obama for the change he has made
removing the arrogance and belligerence from the bush,jr/Cheney
American foreign policy.

In 11 days? The cutoff was January 31, 2009.

Enough information was available to make a decision on January 21, 2009.

Brian

Old October 10th 09, 05:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Sid9[_2_]

wrote:

They choose to award President Obama for the change he has made
removing the arrogance and belligerence from the bush,jr/Cheney
American foreign policy.

In 11 days? The cutoff was January 31, 2009.

Brian

..
..
..

Like a true RRR you are deceptive and tell half the story.

He was nominated 11 days into his term as were hundreds of others

I suspect a lot has to do with the end of bush,jr/ Cheney's
belligerence and arrogance.

More sour grapes for RRRs!

Old October 10th 09, 06:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

J0nathan wrote:
Truth is always stranger than fiction.

The nobel peace prize is, and always has been, higly political. It
should be abolished. Then they could give more prize money to the
winners in other areas.

Sylvia.

.
.

It's a private foundation.

It's their money they do with it as they please.

They choose to award President Obama for the change he has made
removing the arrogance and belligerence from the bush,jr/Cheney
American foreign policy.

They have put the Nobel Peace Prize on a par with the Knight's Cross of
the Sultan of Poobah.

Old October 10th 09, 07:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Sid9[_2_]

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news

J0nathan wrote:
Truth is always stranger than fiction.

The nobel peace prize is, and always has been, higly political.
It
should be abolished. Then they could give more prize money to the
winners in other areas.

Sylvia.

.
.

It's a private foundation.

It's their money they do with it as they please.

They choose to award President Obama for the change he has made
removing the arrogance and belligerence from the bush,jr/Cheney
American foreign policy.

They have put the Nobel Peace Prize on a par with the Knight's Cross
of
the Sultan of Poobah.

A message from the Department of Sour Grapes!