Airplane-like first stage

Old August 14th 09, 04:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

Default Airplane-like first stage

Fred J. McCall wrote:

(Derek Lyons) wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
:OM wrote:
:
::On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:32:39 -0400, David Spain
::wrote:
::
::The video OM links to (thanks for that OM!)
::
::...No prob. Reminds me of the old days in the group, where the trolls
::weren't breeding with each other and spreading like the plague, and we
::could count on at least a hundred regulars - or one Henry - to help
::any serious RFIs out.
::
:
:Perhaps, but you don't help things by attacking people and acting the
:troll yourself.
:
:I don't remember you from "the old days in the group". When did you
:get here and under what name? I somehow feel it was already headed
:downhill at that point...
:
:Mostly because your activity in this group considerably postdates 'the
ld day' referred to.
:

Uh, Derek? I suggest you check the list of votes that CREATED this
group before you say anything even stupider than the preceding.

Voting for the group != Participating in the group.

OM has been around since at least when I got here in 94/95.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old August 14th 09, 08:23 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
(Derek Lyons) wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
(Derek Lyons) wrote:
:
::Fred J. McCall wrote:
::
::OM wrote:
::
:::On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:32:39 -0400, David Spain
:::wrote:
:::
[...]

Perhaps you should talk to some of the people who were here then.

I was around at the time.

:OM has been around since at least when I got here in 94/95.
:

I'd been around for a decade by then. We reorged things to try to
save them due to the downhill slide in the quality of things caused by
the onset of Eternal September. It's obvious we failed. I laid off
for a while because of that slide in quality.

What Fred says about the downhill slide is true. That's why a couple of the
sub-groups were created as moderated groups. Of course the onset of Eternal
September wasn't the only cause of the downslide. There was also an ever
increasing number of AOL posters, most of which (at the time) were dumb as a
sack of hammers. The only users dumber (as a group) were the WebTV posters.
:-P

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that that's when you and OM showed
up.

Oh snap!

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old August 14th 09, 10:16 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
David Spain

(Derek Lyons) writes:

Fred J. McCall wrote:

(Derek Lyons) wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
:OM wrote:
:
::On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:32:39 -0400, David Spain
::wrote:
::
::The video OM links to (thanks for that OM!)
::
::...No prob. Reminds me of the old days in the group, where the trolls
::weren't breeding with each other and spreading like the plague, and we
::could count on at least a hundred regulars - or one Henry - to help
::any serious RFIs out.
::

OM, I *do* know what it was like in those days (see below) and I miss
those regulars (I don't count myself as such, also see below).

:
:Perhaps, but you don't help things by attacking people and acting the
:troll yourself.
:
:I don't remember you from "the old days in the group". When did you
:get here and under what name? I somehow feel it was already headed
:downhill at that point...
:
:Mostly because your activity in this group considerably postdates 'the
ld day' referred to.
:

Uh, Derek? I suggest you check the list of votes that CREATED this
group before you say anything even stupider than the preceding.

FWIW:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...cbceadd6b601f1

; that was me...

Voting for the group != Participating in the group.

OM has been around since at least when I got here in 94/95.

D.
--

What about voting against a group? How 'bout this forward looking post:

http://groups.google.com/group/news.... d133467e4b69

I know I got stuff in there from before that. But can't claim to be a regular there
or here so I *won't*.

;-)

Dave 'The Grey'
Old August 15th 09, 03:23 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Oh hell, while I'm at it.

Here's a old link for you Pat...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.t... 3dd23f5356f9

;-)

Dave
Old August 15th 09, 06:32 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:

What about voting against a group? How 'bout this forward looking post:

http://groups.google.com/group/news.... d133467e4b69

I know I got stuff in there from before that. But can't claim to be a regular there
or here so I *won't*.

Holy ****!
Now _that's_ bragging rights!

Pat
Old August 15th 09, 07:31 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:
Oh hell, while I'm at it.

Here's a old link for you Pat...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.t... 3dd23f5356f9

;-)

Here's me, going at full and drunk speed:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...2e4682b8a975f7

Pat