Is this why we still do not have Selene L1

Old May 8th 09, 06:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

Default Is this why we still do not have Selene L1

On May 3, 4:42*pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Apr 29, 9:08*pm, BradGuth wrote:

On Apr 19, 4:44*pm, BradGuth wrote:

Perhaps any platform of science instruments and cameras covering
multiple bandpass spectrums from IR to UV, including TRACE and OCO
instrumentation as interactively parked within Selene L1, as intended
for looking back at Earth or forbid that of our physically dark Selene/
moon, as such would only have been too gosh darn informative and
otherwise truth revealing.

“Lunar Smackdown”
*http://www.airspacemag.com/space-exp...Smackdown.html
*Notice how even though equal or far better resolution of the Apollo
era existed, that never once was such a spacecraft or any kind of
associated “smackdown” recorded and published for public review. *It’s
as though our 100% public funded NASA and DARPA were being stingy

“At 8:13 p.m. EST a 217-second S-IVB auxiliary propulsion system burn
aimed the S-IVB for a lunar target point so accurately that another
burn was not required. The S-IVB/IU impacted the lunar surface at 8:10
p.m. EST on April 14 at a speed of 259 meters per second. Impact was
137.1 kilometers from the Apollo 12 seismometer. The seismic signal
generated by the impact lasted 3 hours 20 minutes and was so strong
that a ground command was necessary to reduce seismometer gain and
keep the recording on the scale. The suprathermal ion detector
experiment, also deployed by the Apollo 12 crew, recorded a jump in
the number of ions from zero at the time of impact up to 2,500 shortly
thereafter and then back to a zero count. Scientists theorized that
ionization had been produced by 6,300 K to 10,300 K (6,000 degrees C
to 10,000 degrees C) temperature generated by the impact or that
particles had reached an altitude of 60 kilometers from the lunar
surface and had been ionized by sunlight.”

LCROSS (impactor 901 kg)
*http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/mission.htm
*http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/docs/LCROSS_FS082108.pdf
The Apollo era had multiple items of much greater mass impacting our
moon, many of those having impacted at full velocity of 2.5 km/s, and
yet our supposed “right stuff” never having obtained an image from
nearby orbit or even that via any terrestrial based observations that
should have been way more than sufficient, especially considering
their inert mass and impact velocity.

“Three days later the 30,700-pound (13,925 kilogram) hulk struck the
lunar surface at 5,600 miles per hour (2.5 kilometers per second) some
74 miles (119 kilometers) west-northwest of the Apollo 12 landing
site, releasing energy estimated as equivalent to the explosion of 7.7
tons (7,000 kilograms) of TNT.”

“Several spent lunar module ascent stages and Saturn V S-IVB stages
used in the Apollo missions were deliberately sent to impact the
surface in order to test the effects of these artificial "meteorite"
impacts on the seismometers. In all, four lunar modules and five
Saturn upper stages were directed to the surface.” *And yet never a
public published image of any such horrific impacts as they took
place. *How odd, that we should need to conduct such repetitive
science.

Of somewhat further noteworthy interest: *Within the limited DR of a
Nikon Coolpix 5000, darn if Mars doesn’t outshine our physically dark
as coal Selene/moon (exactly as it should).http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...on_030717.html

For some silly reason, out of all the thousands of unobstructed
orbital obtained images with nothing but the very best of film and
optics, and the same goes for all those tens of thousands of surface
EVA obtained frames by way of all sorts of nifty cameras and video,
that not once was there any hint of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury or
even the extremely vibrant Venus above their physically dark as coal
lunar surface.

Of course by now there are thousands of amateur images, though badly
impaired by way of our polluted and otherwise incoming photon deprived
due to our spectrum filtering atmosphere, that which still managed to
show us our Selene/moon along with those other items as unavoidably
getting into the same FOV(frame of view). *Go far enough south, even
down-under south of our equator and you can’t but help getting a good
side by side perspectives of our moon including Sirius in the same
FOV, and of course from orbiting or walking upon our physically dark
moon is next to impossible to so entirely exclude Sirius and
especially those pesky other planets from a few of those images, but
none the less they had managed to do just that.

Sirius A depicted as sufficiently relative to the brightness and color/
hue of other stars, along with the nearly invisible Sirius B of a
false color, although our extremely nearby Selene/moon as clearly
having to be an overexposed or that of an excess photon saturated
simulation is what forces any computer simulated or composite image of
our moon along with Sirius to look ultra white instead of being nearly
as dark as coal. *Of course our NASA has far better simulators that
would be 100% true and fully capable of giving us a complex simulated
image of our moon along with Sirius within the same FOV.

Here’s a wide field of view depicting *the Visible and X-ray images of
our moon and Sirius in the very same FOV.
*http://www.nmm.ac.uk/rog/2008/02/

Of course most any half-baked orbital simulator easily proves that
from orbiting our moon it would have been technically impossible to
entirely avoid getting Sirius and/or a few other items of planets in
the same FOV as our physically dark as coal moon. *But then I suppose
with “the right stuff” almost anything becomes possible.

*~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

Where's all the supposed space station and gateway expertise?

Where's the pro Clarke Station crowd?

Where's the Boeing OASIS team?

Where's the DARPA Apollo expertise?

Where's the lunar space elevator support?

Earlier Google Groups was in the toilet. *Oddly, it seems my “Guth
Usenet” account was still working like a charm, and meanwhile the
regular public Google Groups version of Usenet/newsgroups has gotten
selectively nailed shut and the lights turned out, as though my stuff
is getting stealth moderated and/or banished to death, though
everything else has been working quite normally for whatever insider
spooks and moles such as rabbi Saul Levy, Hagar and our bogus clown
“hanson” (aka MI5/NSA/CIA borg) care to contribute. *Perhaps by way of
my having to entirely repost this topic from scratch will eventually
do the trick, and if not we’ll have to stick with using my “Guth-
Usenet”.
*http://groups.google.com/group/guth-usenet?hl=en

*~ BG

Yet another good reason for our DARPA and NASA to further avoid all
things related to our Selene/Moon L1.

On May 3, 9:19 am, Yousuf Khan wrote:

I guess there's no longer any need to humor an ignoramus former
President anymore. :-)
* * * * Yousuf Khan
NASA may abandon plans for moon base - space - 29 April 2009 - New Scientist

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...andon-plans-fo...

They may also have to abandon plans for keeping their lights turned
on, and all of that fancy toilet paper in those public funded think-
tank stalls.

One way or another, BHO has to lose 10% overhead across the board per
year after year, at least until some of those DARPA and NASA/Apollo
cows come home, and lo and behold, seems we all pretty much know darn
good enough that those public funded cows are never coming home from
our physically dark Selene/moon, or from any other mutually
perpetrated cold-war era. *On the other hand, if there were any more
lies begetting lies in WDC, we’d have our very own artificial black
hole, and thereby our national unemployment and energy problems would
be over.

No wonder that nappy dark hair of BHO is prematurely turning gray
before our eyes, as our SEC approved Ponzi schemes are still turning
trick after trick as they fondle his private parts. *Meanwhile, China
and India are about to take the global lead in most of everything that
matters. *Way to go republicans and faith-based puppet masters, for
having made this nation into a no win situation for all but the truly
rich and powerful that get to win no matters what they screw up.

Are we republican faith-based screwed, or what?

Clarke had no problems utilizing the Earth-moon L1 (Selene L1), and
even Apollo missions having claimed to be nearly freezing to death
between Earth and our moon, never having any problems whatsoever with
any form of cosmic, solar or lunar derived radiation. So, what's the
big deal about setting up a substantial platform of our best
instruments, and even remote astronomy as well as our global OCO kind
of solution that'll interactively station-keep within this Selene L1?

~ BG
Old May 10th 09, 03:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

On May 8, 10:23*am, BradGuth wrote:
[...]

Notice how our resident rabbi keeps going postal whenever there's too
much truth and/or revisions of anything being shared.

Good thing none of us has to live anywhere too near to that kind of
incest cultivated hate.

~ BG
Old May 10th 09, 04:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

On May 9, 7:18*pm, BradGuth wrote:

Notice how our resident rabbi keeps going postal whenever there's too
much actual truth and/or revisions upon anything being shared.

Good thing none of us has to live anywhere too near to that kind of
incest cultivated hate.

If honest physics, the best available science and the most truthful
record of history can't be published and openly shared, then all
that's left for us is the spendy construction of our national and
racist walls, as well as that of having to sustain a nearly police
state along with continued cold wars and a very trigger happy WWIII
situation that could bust lose at any moment.

Of course a focus on whatever is off-word that could directly benefit
the vast bulk of humanity and perhaps even help to salvage whatever is
left of our frail environment, as such will just have to wait and see
if there's anything leftover to save or cherish, and we shouldn't
expect any faith-based salvation unless you're near the top of the
leading Ponzi scheme that's in charge of most everything that counts.

~ BG

Old May 11th 09, 03:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

[...]

Perhaps in addition to the amounts of H2 and He we're losing track of,
it's time once again to rant about the radiation from coal, with any
number of cites that are on public record and even of public funded
research to boot.

Excessive radiation is actually fun stuff, because you get to suffer
more and die a little sooner, rather than later.

~ BG
Old May 11th 09, 05:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

[...]

Perhaps in addition to those amounts of H2 and He we're losing track
of, it's time once again to rant about the radiation dosage from coal,
with any number of peer replicated cites that are on public record and
even of public funded research to boot.

Excessive radiation of this kind is actually fun stuff, because you
get to suffer from the inside out a little more and die a little
sooner, rather than later.

Notice how the mainstream doesn't bother to police their own kind,
especially of those brown-nosing on behalf of Big Energy, and most of
all on behalf of anything related to coal. Notice how the loss of
human life and the systematic trashing of our environment has no
apparent meaning unless it's putting more of our hard earned loot into
their offshore bank accounts.

~ BG
Old May 13th 09, 08:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

On May 11, 9:05*am, BradGuth wrote:
[...]

Another thing, is what could we do a whole lot better with a TRACEx100
parked within Selene L1?

An artificial shade could easily fend off the mostly IR heat from the
moon, as well as giving the ion thrusters more energy than they could
possibly use.

~ BG
Old May 16th 09, 06:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

Our Eden/Earth is still losing mass, at perhaps roughly 100 kg/sec.
With proper instruments in orbit (some of which already exist) or
otherwise as best situated within the Selene L1, we could deductively
better understand and objectively quantify this ongoing loss.

If nothing goes wrong with this final Hubble repair/upgrade, we’ll
have a good $12+ billion invested in our favorite eye-candy machine,
and still little old TRACE is doing it’s far more important science at
initially less than $50M.

A pair of new and improved TRACEx100s might run us $120M, or roughly
1% of our Hubble investment, and that’s without ever having to risk
one human cell or strand of DNA, nor having caused 1% the global
pollution. I might go so far as to suggest situating one of the
TRACEx100s at Earth L1, and the other at Earth L2, as that way we
could have a stereo view of Sirius, plus many other stereo/3D
applications including nifty Earth science pertaining to our
magnetosphere and solar wind, along with another darn good option of
using the Earth-moon L1 (Selene L1) location instead of the polar LEO
that’s currently in use by the old existing TRACE.

At 1% the cost of Hubble, either of two TRACEx100s (100x greater
resolution than our existing TRACE), plus 4 db of added dynamic range
and quite possibly even a third TRACEx100 could also perform multiple
OCO duties, as well as offering some limited Selene/moon related
science and even basic astronomy functions from within Selene L1.
Perhaps with some luck and composite imaging from the renewed and
greatly improved Hubble we’ll locate the massive cloud of molecular
gasses that gave such a vibrant birth to the nearby Sirius star/solar
system, and thereby obtaining a better understanding as to the most
recent evolution of stars, and essentially of everything else
(including ourselves).

The whole package deal of creating and deploying 3 TRACEx100s should
come in under $200M, and it’s nearly all Earth, moon and solar related
science to boot. The original creators of TRACE could be contracted
to create these new and improved TRACEx100, which should easily exceed
a decade or two in their deployed operation without further attention.
http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/trace_mosaic.html

~ BG

[...]

On Mar 3, 7:51*am, BradGuth wrote: Were there good enough reasons to sabotage OCO, and/or was Big Energy
simply capable of putting their usual voodoo hex on such a mission?

Emissions of sweet gas flares in Alberta, Canada.
Coal has certainly been much worse than any typical oil extraction
process for that of our environment and personal health, but you
wouldn’t want your family, pets or any food source within 10 downwind
miles of a typical oil extraction field or major refinery. *In some
instances 100 miles might be considered a safe distance.

“The observation that gas flaring in the Niger Delta is causing acid
rain is also backed by the U.S government's Energy Information
Administration”
*http://www.climatelaw.org/cases/coun...ase-documents/...

“The human health effects of exposure to pollutant emissions from gas
flares will be localized to the vicinity of such flares. Therefore, it
is important to estimate how much gas each flow station in the Delta
flares. Recent data show that the Kolo Creek and Obama flow stations
in Bayelsa State flare, on average, approximately 800,000 m3/day of
gas” (most of which they’d like nothing better than to simply burn off
in order to prevent catastrophic local fireballs that could otherwise
incinerate most everything in sight).

*“Hence, based on the Canadian data, an 800,000 m3/day sweet gas flare
would elevate ambient air levels of particulate matter by 21 ug/m3 at
a distance of 1,325 meters from such flare, and would elevate ambient
levels of benzene by 2.3 ug/m3.”

Some nations have enforcement of flare gas standards to go by.
*“Burning of gas in fields that produce 150,000 m3 or less per month,
or in fields with a gas-petroleum ratio of less than 20 m3/m3”

In other words, they don’t want to see more flare gas (of primarily
methane) combustion greater than 20 m3 per m3 of extracted oil. *They
even attempt to restrict this incineration gauntlet down to the dull
roar of *“60,000 m3 per month for the pilots of flares on
installations at sea”. * Most oil fields and especially offshore
directly utilize 33% of their vented methane in order to produce a
source of local energy, of which does nothing except pass-through
whatever’s helium. *Therefore, per m3 of extracted oil can contribute
its 1% of 30 m3 of associated methane as raw helium, or 0.3 m3 helium
per m3 of crude oil. *That’s 30% helium per volume of crude oil. *In
trying to remain conservative, we might suggest 20% per volume of
crude as helium.

Of course, most all of this artificially created CO2 via oil flare gas
combustion and of our coal industry ventilation of releasing gas and
toxins, including its raw methane, helium and even freed hydrogen
would not have gone unnoticed by those new and greatly improved
science instruments of our spendy and badly needed OCO mission, that
which rather conveniently failed to get deployed. *What we have got
here is a serious Big Energy butt load of damage-control motives, more
than sufficient opportunities and certainly the wherewithal means by
which to foil or eliminate any such public funded science that might
give the rest of us an honest clue as to what we’re doing to our
environment.

“The Canadian Public Health Association has noted over 250 identified
toxins.”

In addition to the mostly artificial release of helium, there’s also a
fair amount of hydrogen set free, that isn’t otherwise properly stored
or consumed, and always good old SO2, CO2 plus NOx for good measure,
and much of everything else you wouldn’t dare put into your body, plus
a few elements heavy enough (such as radon) that’ll sink to the
surface and/or combine with other perfectly acceptable elements so as
to dilute or cloak there existence (acidic rain being one of the most
common, although others such as benz[a]pyrene and dioxin are certainly
worth noting), many of which would have been OCO remote spectrometer
detected and even rather nicely quantified per better than 3 km2
resolution. *In other words, a large enough cache of Porta-Potties
might have been easily detected and their gas output quantified by
those three bore-sighted high-resolution spectrometers. *In the near
future, instead of extrapolating data from spectrophotometry, with
better instruments based upon the x-ray or gamma spectrometer format
could narrow this resolution detail down to a few m2, thus eliminating
all possible doubt as to where each and every m3 of such gas
contributed elements are coming from. *In other words, a Big Energy
executive couldn’t fart without being detected.

If you don’t want to know about the extensive CO2 contributions, then
by all means don’t go to this next link.

CARBON DIOXIDE EQUIVALENTS PER BARREL OF CRUDE
*https://www.edockets.state.mn.us/EFi...Number=5589092
*336472 kg of CO2 per barrel of extracted crude (excluding methane
combustion) seems a tidbit high, but what hell, it’s only our frail
environment and quality of life we’re trashing. *All we have to do is
adjust ourselves to a future of 1000 ppm(0.1%) CO2 and stop our
incessant whining about acid rain, global warming, or the accelerated
erosion of our precious topsoils, plus the inflationary cost of most
everything that’s becoming spendy as hell.

Paint me silly, but I smell rotten eggs. *Too bad as of 4 decades ago
we didn’t establish our robust platform or gateway/outpost of
sufficient robotic/remote science within the ideal orbital location of
Selene L1, offering the best ever whole Earth observations including
the contents of and solar wind interactions with our badly failing
magnetosphere. *Instead we keep wasting time, resources and our hard
earned loot on LEO limited observations that seldom if ever agree with
one another.

*~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

I believe the OCO failure is much more than just another mishap, or
that of something excluding human intentions of foiling the mission.
The supposed investigation of this OCO mission failure is simply a
joke.

~ BG
Old May 17th 09, 01:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

The Selene L1 (Earth-moon L1) may be good for nothing, at least that’s
exactly what our NASA and DARPA want us to think. I wonder why that
is?

The hunt for Sirius C is about to get more interesting, with three new
ESA deployed astronomy missions, and our renewed Hubble upgraded to
within a few years of being the best of optical technology that it can
be, as such should make detecting everything from tiny neutron stars
to black holes a whole lot more doable. Obviously neutrons and black
holes themselves are too optically stealthy, but their nearby
surrounds are not.

If nothing goes wrong with this final Hubble repair/upgrade, we’ll
have a good $12+ billion invested in our favorite eye-candy machine,
and still little old TRACE doing its same old boring but far more
important science at initially less than $50M.

A pair of new and improved TRACEx100s might run us $120M, or roughly
1% of our Hubble investment, and that’s without ever having to risk
one human cell or strand of DNA, nor having caused 1% the global
pollution. I might go so far as to suggest situating one of the
TRACEx100s at Earth L1, and the other at Earth L2, as that way we
could have a stereo view of Sirius, plus many other stereo/3D
applications including nifty Earth science pertaining to our
magnetosphere and solar wind, along with another darn good option of
using the Earth-moon L1 (Selene L1) location instead of the polar LEO
that’s currently in use by the old existing TRACE.

At 1% the investment cost of Hubble, either of two TRACEx100s (100x
greater resolution than our existing TRACE), plus 4 db of added
dynamic range and quite possibly even a third TRACEx100 that could
also perform multiple OCO duties, as well as offering some limited
Selene/moon related geological science and even basic astronomy
functions from within Selene L1. Perhaps with some luck and composite
imaging from the renewed and greatly improved Hubble we’ll locate the
massive cloud of molecular gasses that gave such a sudden and vibrant
birth to the nearby Sirius star/solar system that started off as
roughly 12 solar masses, and thereby obtaining a better physics and
science understanding as to the most recent evolution of stars, and
essentially of better understanding to most of everything else
(including ourselves).

The whole package deal of creating and deploying three TRACEx100s
should come in under $200M, and it’s nearly all Earth, moon and solar
related science to boot. The original creators of TRACE could be
contracted to create these new and improved TRACEx100 or TRACEe2,
which should easily exceed a decade or two in their deployed operation
without further attention.
http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/trace_mosaic.html

Another task for TRACEe2 is that of our Eden/Earth is still losing
mass, at perhaps a minimum loss of 100 kg/sec (0.11 t/sec), while
receiving at most 10 kg/sec (110 kg/sec). With proper instruments in
orbit (some of which already exist) or otherwise as best deployed
within Selene L1, via observationology we could deductively interpret
in order to better understand and objectively quantify this ongoing
loss. The OCO mission was also supposed to identify certain gaseous
and particle elements related to global dimming and greenhouse
heating, as well as accurately map their terrestrial origin, but that
threat to Big Energy got terminated just in the nick of time.

[...]

With OCO out of the way, and no real investigation of mission failure
ever taking place, Big Energy can continue to pollute, radiate and
lose tract of as much methane laced with hydrogen and helium as they
like.

*~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”