For fans of space history

Old March 6th 12, 02:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Joseph Nebus

Default For fans of space history

For the interested, I've added a day-by-day ``realtime''
blog for Project Gemini to my little mathematics blog. As stuff
that affected Gemini on-this-date-fifty-years-ago unfolds I'll be
adding the reports:

http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/

Monday, March 5, was a decent enough day to jump on board:
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/2...-march-5-1962/

I'm just sorry I failed to think of it earlier this year when
the shift from Mercury Mark II to Gemini happened.

The Project Gemini links are authored, naturally, as by
``Project Gemini Chronology''. The other entries are mathematics
topics of interest to me.

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: The Intermediacy That Was Overused http://wp.me/p1RYhY-6A
Old March 7th 12, 08:28 AM posted to sci.space.history
B0b Mosley

On Mar 6, 8:40*am, (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
* * * * For the interested, I've added a day-by-day ``realtime''
blog for Project Gemini to my little mathematics blog. *As stuff
that affected Gemini on-this-date-fifty-years-ago unfolds I'll be
adding the reports:

http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/

* * * * Monday, March 5, was a decent enough day to jump on board:http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/2...-march-5-1962/

* * * * I'm just sorry I failed to think of it earlier this year when
the shift from Mercury Mark II to Gemini happened.

* * * * The Project Gemini links are authored, naturally, as by
``Project Gemini Chronology''. *The other entries are mathematics
topics of interest to me.

....Excellent idea, old friend! Makes me wonder once again just how
many times in two the Internet would have broken had it been around
circa 10/4/1957. Of course, it would have been just Henry and Mary
around back then carrying on the fight, but still it would have been
fun to look back upon once Henry uploaded all the punch cards and
paper tapes to DejaNews' archive of sci.commies.sputnik and
alt.bonehead.ike

OM
Old March 14th 12, 02:16 AM posted to sci.space.history
Joseph Nebus

In B0b Mosley writes:

On Mar 6, 8:40=A0am, (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 For the interested, I've added a day-by-day ``realtime''
blog for Project Gemini to my little mathematics blog. =A0As stuff
that affected Gemini on-this-date-fifty-years-ago unfolds I'll be
adding the reports:

http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/

...Excellent idea, old friend! Makes me wonder once again just how
many times in two the Internet would have broken had it been around
circa 10/4/1957. Of course, it would have been just Henry and Mary
around back then carrying on the fight, but still it would have been
fun to look back upon once Henry uploaded all the punch cards and
paper tapes to DejaNews' archive of sci.commies.sputnik and
alt.bonehead.ike

Thanks kindly. I do wonder what it would've been like, yeah.
I wonder if there's enough transcriptions of radio and TV news broadcasts
that a live reconstruction of the launch of Sputnik (or Sputnik 2), or
other big events would be possible.

I don't wish to spoil my Gemini Chronology blog events, but I
do want to say, there's exciting stuff coming up Thursday and Friday.

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: Introducing a Very Small Number http://wp.me/p1RYhY-7m