Is this why we still do not have Selene L1

Old June 12th 09, 06:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

Default Is this why we still do not have Selene L1

"KAGUYA"(SELENE), the big flop and still nothing Apollo to show for it
all.

"KAGUYA"(SELENE) encounters our physically dark and extremely dusty
moon at an angle of just 1 degree, and there’s no bounce, skip or
hardly if any gouge, perhaps because the surface of this impact site
was simply way too soft, as in tens of meters deep kind of crystal dry
and electrostatic charged carbonado and basalt dust that’s saturated
in all kinds of local minerals (including sodium) plus countless
meteorite deposits.

Lots of terrific private astronomy equipment had to be pointed at the
carefully specified impact site with more than enough resolution and
terrific dynamic range, not to mention the ten fold better stuff at
the disposal of NASA, or the ten fold better yet from team KECK, or
for that matter the greatly improved resolution, dynamic range and
wide spectrum capability from Hubble. Of course at least the HDTV and
its full color spectrum via KAGUYA should have functioned up to a
fraction of a second or a frame or two prior to impact.

Thus far we’ve got zip/nada/zilch to look at. Way to go JASA, NASA
and other guys.

Here’s an example of what a private astronomer can accomplish.
http://www.avertedimagination.com/moon_1.htm
http://www.avertedimagination.com/latest_1.htm
http://www.avertedimagination.com/im...oon100407.html

Just imagine what our NASA at 10 fold better can do, and KECK at least
100 fold better, as well as each of these in full/extended color
saturation.

Too bad we still do not have a science and astronomy platform of our
best instruments at Selene L1 (must be because it's reserved for India
or China).

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”
Old June 14th 09, 11:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

On Apr 19, 4:44*pm, BradGuth wrote:
Perhaps any platform of science instruments and cameras covering
multiple bandpass spectrums from IR to UV, including TRACE and OCO
instrumentation as interactively parked within Selene L1, as intended
for looking back at Earth or forbid that of our physically dark Selene/
moon, as such would only have been too gosh darn informative and
otherwise truth revealing.

“Lunar Smackdown”
*http://www.airspacemag.com/space-exp...Smackdown.html
*Notice how even though equal or far better resolution of the Apollo
era existed, that never once was such a spacecraft or any kind of
associated “smackdown” recorded and published for public review. *It’s
as though our 100% public funded NASA and DARPA were being stingy

“At 8:13 p.m. EST a 217-second S-IVB auxiliary propulsion system burn
aimed the S-IVB for a lunar target point so accurately that another
burn was not required. The S-IVB/IU impacted the lunar surface at 8:10
p.m. EST on April 14 at a speed of 259 meters per second. Impact was
137.1 kilometers from the Apollo 12 seismometer. The seismic signal
generated by the impact lasted 3 hours 20 minutes and was so strong
that a ground command was necessary to reduce seismometer gain and
keep the recording on the scale. The suprathermal ion detector
experiment, also deployed by the Apollo 12 crew, recorded a jump in
the number of ions from zero at the time of impact up to 2,500 shortly
thereafter and then back to a zero count. Scientists theorized that
ionization had been produced by 6,300 K to 10,300 K (6,000 degrees C
to 10,000 degrees C) temperature generated by the impact or that
particles had reached an altitude of 60 kilometers from the lunar
surface and had been ionized by sunlight.”

LCROSS (impactor 901 kg)
*http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/mission.htm
*http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/docs/LCROSS_FS082108.pdf
The Apollo era had multiple items of much greater mass impacting our
moon, many of those having impacted at full velocity of 2.5 km/s, and
yet our supposed “right stuff” never having obtained an image from
nearby orbit or even that via any terrestrial based observations that
should have been way more than sufficient, especially considering
their inert mass and impact velocity.

“Three days later the 30,700-pound (13,925 kilogram) hulk struck the
lunar surface at 5,600 miles per hour (2.5 kilometers per second) some
74 miles (119 kilometers) west-northwest of the Apollo 12 landing
site, releasing energy estimated as equivalent to the explosion of 7.7
tons (7,000 kilograms) of TNT.”

“Several spent lunar module ascent stages and Saturn V S-IVB stages
used in the Apollo missions were deliberately sent to impact the
surface in order to test the effects of these artificial "meteorite"
impacts on the seismometers. In all, four lunar modules and five
Saturn upper stages were directed to the surface.” *And yet never a
public published image of any such horrific impacts as they took
place. *How odd, that we should need to conduct such repetitive
science.

Of somewhat further noteworthy interest: *Within the limited DR of a
Nikon Coolpix 5000, darn if Mars doesn’t outshine our physically dark
as coal Selene/moon (exactly as it should).http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...on_030717.html

For some silly reason, out of all the thousands of unobstructed
orbital obtained images with nothing but the very best of film and
optics, and the same goes for all those tens of thousands of surface
EVA obtained frames by way of all sorts of nifty cameras and video,
that not once was there any hint of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury or
even the extremely vibrant Venus above their physically dark as coal
lunar surface.

Of course by now there are thousands of amateur images, though badly
impaired by way of our polluted and otherwise incoming photon deprived
due to our spectrum filtering atmosphere, that which still managed to
show us our Selene/moon along with those other items as unavoidably
getting into the same FOV(frame of view). *Go far enough south, even
down-under south of our equator and you can’t but help getting a good
side by side perspectives of our moon including Sirius in the same
FOV, and of course from orbiting or walking upon our physically dark
moon is next to impossible to so entirely exclude Sirius and
especially those pesky other planets from a few of those images, but
none the less they had managed to do just that.

Sirius A depicted as sufficiently relative to the brightness and color/
hue of other stars, along with the nearly invisible Sirius B of a
false color, although our extremely nearby Selene/moon as clearly
having to be an overexposed or that of an excess photon saturated
simulation is what forces any computer simulated or composite image of
our moon along with Sirius to look ultra white instead of being nearly
as dark as coal. *Of course our NASA has far better simulators that
would be 100% true and fully capable of giving us a complex simulated
image of our moon along with Sirius within the same FOV.

Here’s a wide field of view depicting *the Visible and X-ray images of
our moon and Sirius in the very same FOV.
*http://www.nmm.ac.uk/rog/2008/02/

Of course most any half-baked orbital simulator easily proves that
from orbiting our moon it would have been technically impossible to
entirely avoid getting Sirius and/or a few other items of planets in
the same FOV as our physically dark as coal moon. *But then I suppose
with “the right stuff” almost anything becomes possible.

*~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

Our NASA excluding and/or banishing all things pertaining to utilizing
Selene L1, is not right.

But then, we're not exactly the one and only game in town, so to
speak. Perhaps ISRO can manage to pick up the slack.

~ BG
Old August 13th 09, 08:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

On Jun 14, 3:36*pm, BradGuth wrote:
[...]

So, why exactly is our Earth-moon L1 (Selene L1) being kept so
unusually taboo/nondisclosure rated?

Old August 15th 09, 03:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,sci.physics
BradGuth

Why exactly is our Earth-moon L1 (Selene L1) being kept as so
unusually taboo/nondisclosure rated?

According to the Apollo-13 documentation and their highly published
storyline, there's hardly any bad kinds of radiation, and so little IR
that they were at times freezing to death on their way back home, of
which had to have included their trek back through the zero delta-V of
the Earth-moon L1.

Isn't such a nearby zero delta-V outpost/gateway (refueling OASIS)
worth anything?

Isn't the extreme vacuum of perhaps 3e-21 bar ( a millionth of what
the lunar surface has to offer) of any value?

It's also hard not to notice all the other silly/bogus topics going on
and on, stacking their pointless context on top of anything else, so
as to displace other topics which the mainstream status-quo doesn't
approve of.

*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”