Earth Centered

Old July 20th 06, 01:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Earth Centered

OK we use the Earth surface as a relation to area We look out from the
Earth and relate what we see to it. Our Earth alters what we
see,because we have the very slow motion known as the "precession" of
the equinoxes. The axial wobble of the Earth shifts the constellations.I
think we have to leave the Earth(solar system),and take to the stars
themselves to fined their individual motions,and even how our solar
system's progress among them. Best we keep in mind even after 26,000
year period the constellation remain undisturbed and in their proper
positions with respect to each other. That is why about a year ago I
posted I liked the theory that the stars in our galaxy moved in
"lockstep" Bert

Old July 20th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_1_]

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
OK we use the Earth surface as a relation to area We look out from the
Earth and relate what we see to it. Our Earth alters what we
see,because we have the very slow motion known as the "precession" of
the equinoxes. The axial wobble of the Earth shifts the constellations.I
think we have to leave the Earth(solar system),and take to the stars
themselves to fined their individual motions,and even how our solar
system's progress among them. Best we keep in mind even after 26,000
year period the constellation remain undisturbed and in their proper
positions with respect to each other. That is why about a year ago I
posted I liked the theory that the stars in our galaxy moved in
"lockstep" Bert

Beeert, wrong again.

With the event of space based telescopes (such as Hubble) precession is
effectively a thing of the past. The orbital scopes can lock onto any
prominent star, such as Sirius, the Dog Star (Class A) and thus they really
don't care how much the Earth wobbles and teeters around its axis. At
approximately 2.75 parsecs from Earth, Sirius would make the perfect guide
star for the exploration of the Solar System, including the belts and
clouds.

Old July 20th 06, 09:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Hagar(Horrible thinker) You say my post is wrong,but best to keep in
mind the Hubble is gone. It was not used to measure how stars close in
or back away from each other. That would take time lapse photography.
Beeert

Old July 20th 06, 11:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hagar(Horrible thinker) You say my post is wrong,but best to keep in
mind the Hubble is gone. It was not used to measure how stars close in
or back away from each other. That would take time lapse photography.
Beeert

See the following on the motions of the stars:

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/...1/motions.html

Also look at the video on the changes in the Big Dipper over time if
you can:

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/...es/proper.html

No lock step.

Double-A

Old July 20th 06, 11:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starman

You are very wrong
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" skrev i en meddelelse
Hagar(Horrible thinker) You say my post is wrong,but best to keep in
mind the Hubble is gone. It was not used to measure how stars close in
or back away from each other. That would take time lapse photography.
Beeert

----
Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 9338 spam-mails
Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.

Old July 21st 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

Who says he HAS a brain? I've never seen any signs on one.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

"Saul Levy" wrote in message
Still wrong after all this time, BEERTbrain! You NEVER learn
ANYTHING! You are a sorry excuse for a human brain!

Saul Levy

Old July 21st 06, 01:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A You come back with "big dipper" in 50,000 years will be
distorted.Still best to keep in mind 5 of its stars share a common
proper motion(lock step) I come back with "Orion"(the great hunter) will
remain the same with the exception of just one star. How long will they
appear as now? Answer Even when the solar system will have traveled 50
light yearsHmmm Well maybe there could be a compromise,for its
best to think in every direction Bert