GMT, UST or Daylight Saving?

Old May 26th 07, 07:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Mark Jones Laptop2

Default GMT, UST or Daylight Saving?

Newbie question here.

I'm trying to set up my Celestron Nexstar 102 computer.

Lat year between flat batteries and clouds I cocked up the time settings.

The handset asks for the time and whether I am Daylight Saving or Standard
time.

Whichever I select it then asks me to chose Universal Time or Zone times =/-
1 hour choices.

I'm in Surrey. If it is 20.00 hours local then what should I enter?

Will being one hour out make a lot of difference?

TIA

--
Mark Jones, Laptop.
Athol Marketing Ltd

Old May 26th 07, 09:04 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Norbert

Mark Jones Laptop2 nous a donc écrit :

Newbie question here.

I'm trying to set up my Celestron Nexstar 102 computer.

Lat year between flat batteries and clouds I cocked up the time
settings.

Bad time

The handset asks for the time and whether I am Daylight Saving or
Standard time.

Whichever I select it then asks me to chose Universal Time or Zone
times =/- 1 hour choices.

I'm in Surrey. If it is 20.00 hours local then what should I enter?

IMO, the easiest way is to use standard time, ie. GMT.
Don't worry with daylight saving time, or you will have to change your
settings twice a year.
So, if it is 20.00 legal time, adjust your handset for 19.00 (UK has one
hour shift for DST), and chose universal, time zone = 0.

Will being one hour out make a lot of difference?

15° (360/24) error in RA for every star )

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)

Saving YouTube Scott Hedrick History 4 February 6th 07 01:54 PM
Exploiting the Moon and saving the Earth Space Cadet Policy 202 December 16th 05 10:57 PM
daylight saving Tony UK Astronomy 5 October 16th 05 05:56 PM
Proposal for saving the Hubble Telescope Raving Loonie Misc 35 April 6th 05 06:35 PM
Saving HST Mike Hale Amateur Astronomy 3 September 15th 04 02:28 PM