Under the shadow of the Moon

Old November 20th 12, 01:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Under the shadow of the Moon

oriel36 wrote:
On Nov 20, 12:07 pm, Martin Nicholson
wrote:
It is part of Oriel's mental health issues that he is unable to resist
trying to hijack threads so he can post yet another minor variation of
his usual nonsense.

He quite literally cannot stop himself from doing this (it is both
instructive and frightening to examine how often he posts) and it is
hard to imagine that he has a normal life as in paid employment, a
family and other leisure activities.

Good for you Martin,the rest have certainly obeyed your instruction
despite the fact that they couldn't warm to you.

Hamblen should have noticed that he doesn't see the 'man in the moon'
feature from Australia as he is looking out at the non rotating moon
from a round and rotating Earth so he is not 'under' anything whether
it is the Northern hemisphere or the moon's shadow.

Astronomy is like composing or songwriting,you come to a topic and
initially don't know how it turns out with almost unspoken rules
guiding the information and a sense of what works and what doesn't.

Ludicrous
Astronomy is a science not a philosophy.
The laws of nature are not mam- made.
However much you disagree with gravity you won't be able to float away.
You have to accept the facts or you will remain imprisoned in your dream
world.

Who knows if it take inherent talent or is acquired through effort
but people are supposed to immerse themselves after initial
unfamiliarity and then get into the spirit of things which is why my
Christian belief in the connection between the Universal/Infinite and
the individual serves as a backdrop for moving information around.

That connection is just a manifestation of your vanity. There is just the
universe. You are a very small part of it.
It doesn't know or care about you.
There is no Father Christmas.
Old November 20th 12, 03:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

oriel36:
Astronomy is like composing or songwriting,you come to a topic and
initially don't know how it turns out with almost unspoken rules
guiding the information and a sense of what works and what doesn't.

Mike Collins:
Ludicrous
Astronomy is a science not a philosophy.
The laws of nature are not mam- made.
However much you disagree with gravity you won't be able to float away.
You have to accept the facts or you will remain imprisoned in your dream
world.

Well! That settles it! You have set oriel straight once and for all,
and that's the last bit of nonsense we'll be seeing from him.

Of course, I would never see his nonsense if he wasn't so successful at
baiting people into trying to set him straight. To be perfectly honest,
I can't see much difference between his nonsense and the railing of
those who have made it their mission in life is to set him straight.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old November 20th 12, 04:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:32:21 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Well! That settles it! You have set oriel straight once and for all,
and that's the last bit of nonsense we'll be seeing from him.

Halleluiah!

Of course, I would never see his nonsense if he wasn't so successful at
baiting people into trying to set him straight. To be perfectly honest,
I can't see much difference between his nonsense and the railing of
those who have made it their mission in life is to set him straight.

IOW, you wanted to read it too. LOL.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old November 20th 12, 05:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Davoud:
Of course, I would never see his nonsense if he wasn't so successful at
baiting people into trying to set him straight. To be perfectly honest,
I can't see much difference between his nonsense and the railing of
those who have made it their mission in life is to set him straight.

Bill:
IOW, you wanted to read it too. LOL.

Dolt. If I wanted to read whatever that guy has to say he wouldn't be
in my kill file. Seeing him a couple of times per annum in someone
else's post is not quite the same as hanging on his every word. But you
knew that, and I am allowing myself to be baited into replying to your
troll. Once. Say "Bye, bye!"

Old November 20th 12, 06:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Nov 20, 5:35*pm, Davoud wrote:
Davoud:

Of course, I would never see his nonsense if he wasn't so successful at
baiting people into trying to set him straight. To be perfectly honest,
I can't see much difference between his nonsense and the railing of
those who have made it their mission in life is to set him straight.

Bill:

IOW, you wanted to read it too. *LOL.

Dolt. If I wanted to read whatever that guy has to say he wouldn't be
in my kill file. Seeing him a couple of times per annum in someone
else's post is not quite the same as hanging on his every word. But you
knew that, and I am allowing myself to be baited into replying to your
troll. Once. Say "Bye, bye!"

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

The 'spinning moon people ' !,a cult that lasted for 300 years !.

Of course you need to actually love creation to be an astronomer
beyond personalities and their quirks and that is why today kids can
learn something about clocks and the planet's rotation because
somebody took the time and effort to make sure it made it into wider
circulation.

Who cares if you read my posts or not,somebody else did -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWHM00sZJc

Any kid who learns that one rotation keeps in step with one 24 hour AM/
PM cycle will be streets ahead of you misinformed bunch.

Old November 20th 12, 07:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Astronomy is many things,it even has a predictive side where you use
the Earth's rotational cycles in a format of 3 years of 365 rotations
and one year of 366 rotations,4 orbital circuits in total,to predict
when events such as solar eclipses and transits will occur on a
certain day and in a certain year.What you don't do is take this
predictive convenience too far and especially not use the rotating
celestial sphere as an anchor for the Earth's own dynamics.

I can imagine a composer approaching music in much the same way,a
theme or a sliver of information grows in different directions and
develops in its own way and it is so easy today with so much visual
data.The mathematics of Galileo is much less important these days in
that geometrical representations of planetary motions and solar system
structure can be seen directly with sequential imaging in a
spectacular way -

http://www.masil-astro-imaging.com/S...age%20flat.jpg

I love that image and can easily imagine the Sun at the center.

The laws of nature are not mam- made.
However much you disagree with gravity you won't be able to float away.

Ah,you are talking about Newton's agenda which has really nothing to
do with astronomy and certainly nothing in common with Kepler's
insight.Trying to make the Ra/Dec framework a background for double
modeling and then pointing in the direction of the behavior of objects
at a human and experimental level must look great to mathematicians
but there is nothing good in this clockwork solar system
notwithstanding that the followers of Newton never understood what he
was doing themselves.

A genuine mathematician would have no problem matching Kepler's
representation up against modern imaging and then draw appropriate
conclusions including the obstructions created by Newton and his
followers.It isn't rocket science as anyone can work out that
retrogrades are seen from a moving Earth and resolved by a moving
Earth -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...retrograde.jpg

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100613.html

You have to accept the facts or you will remain imprisoned in your dream
world.

The majority of the forum and outsiders have come to understand that
the Earth is round,rotating and the 24 hour AM/PM cycle in tandem with
the Lat/Long system maintain these primary facts so the pretense of an
alternative value has pretty much vanished apart from historical
traces left on the internet.It is like looking at artifacts of the
cold war,people were dead serious at the time but events have moved on
and there are new things to look at.

Who knows if it take inherent talent or is acquired through effort
but people are supposed to immerse themselves after initial
unfamiliarity and then get into the spirit of things which is why my
Christian belief in the connection between the Universal/Infinite and
the individual serves as a backdrop for moving information around.

That connection is just a manifestation of your vanity. There is just the
universe. You are a very small part of it.
It doesn't know or care about you.
There is no Father Christmas.

The one bright spot over the years has been stellar evolution and as
far as I can tell people generally love the connection between
elements made in stars and elements which comprise their bodies hence
a connection between the individual and the Universal and then the
whole thing is ruined with novelistic junk of 'black hole' or what
have you.

You like to make yourselves bigger than the topic you are trying to
understand and there is no two way traffic of information between the
individual experience within the encompassing Universal experience and
I suppose that is why you are so sour and don't seem to like
anything,not even each other.

Old November 20th 12, 09:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:35:51 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Dolt. If I wanted to read whatever that guy has to say he wouldn't be
in my kill file. Seeing him a couple of times per annum in someone
else's post is not quite the same as hanging on his every word. But you
knew that, and I am allowing myself to be baited into replying to your
troll. Once. Say "Bye, bye!"

So you compulsively read everything that slips past your kill-file; you
have no will, no self-control. Wow, that's got to be terrible for a guy
with a non-functional kill-file and a fuse that's shorter than his .....

--
Email address is a Spam trap.