Moon’s largest dark spot may be an impact crater

Old November 4th 12, 10:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Moon’s largest dark spot may be an impact crater

On Nov 4, 1:07*am, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 11:57:31 AM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:
Who is 'us' ? ,have you a mouse in your pocket as you used to say.

Yep, I've said that before, fer sure.

*Us* would be all who think the moon rotates, with respect to virtually everything other than the Earth, and that would encompass a huge majority of the general population and 100% of the scientific community. Do you really think that you are right about this when hundreds of thousands of science-types know better?

Science-types indeed !, a belief that the moon spins is an expression
of a hatred of astronomy by any group or person and especially now as
axial precession as it was previously understood has been modified to
an annual orbital trait and so easy to understand now that even those
at your level can comprehend it through contemporary sequential
imaging of Uranus.You cannot contend with welfare empiricists,all that
can be done is raise the standard by which a topic is approached and
perhaps that is the way it always has been.Science discovery is a
struggle that often buries the innovator under unrelenting
hostility,Wegener being one of the last,but rather than accepting this
as a given,with modern communications I can shorten the gap between
the discovery and its transmission to the wider world

Not very likely... you are in a microscopic minority here and will never convince anyone to see this your way. Your *intuitive intelligence* fails you again! Perspective, perspective, perspective...

You are fine,this community woke up one day to find that NASA started
to promote that one sunrise to sunrise keeps in step with one 24 hour
day and one rotation of the Earth with 1461 AM/PM cycles and 1461
rotations covering 4 orbital circuits -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWHM00sZJc

There is a quiet pride that students will ,for the first time,enjoy
the systems we inherited from antiquity and although NASA has
restricted the discovery to the Greeks as usual,not until they go
further back in time to the Egyptians who used the most magnificent
star in the celestial arena other than our central Sun,the star Sirius
in this case,can the systems fit together as they should.

The same thing will happen to the explanation for the seasons and the
variations in the natural noon cycle which share the same dynamical
mechanism through letting go of axial precession as a long term
orbital trait and looking at the change in orientation of the polar
coordinates each year to the central Sun indicative of the orbital
behavior of our planet.A video will appear showing how the polar
coordinates turn in a cycle/circle just as Uranus does thereby
replacing the old 'no tilt/no seasons' ideology with a better
perspective of an equatorial climate with zero inclination and a polar
climate with 90 degree inclination.All this is exciting material that
is ahead for researchers and students alike.

God only knows what happens when you are faced with the sequential

images of Uranus which shows the polar coordinates of a planet turn

360 degrees to the central Sun and act like a beacon for a planet's

orbital behavior.I know you think that is just a perspective seen from

a moving Earth but God knows what will go through your head as the

polar coordinates still continue to turn !

No, they don't actually turn, they only appear to turn wrt the Sun. Earth's pole continuously points in the general direction of Polaris, and the pole of Uranus continuously points at whatever its pole star may be, and the same is true of all the planets. The fact that with respect to the Sun they change throughout their respective orbits is a consequence of that orbital motion. This causes the seasons and is a well-known effect.

It is really encouraging in one sense that the late 17th century
error has one real plus to it,there is now a huge amount of data that
has been left unattended and all I am doing is picking the lower lying
fruit.There is nothing exciting about going out to prove people
wrong,there is an exciting and adventurous path pursuing the topics
with the proper principles behind you and I am surprised that rather
than being transparent about an error we didn't make,they want to
quietly bury it even though it wrecked havoc with terrestrial
sciences that require astronomical inputs.

If people wish to be treated like astronomers,paid or not,they will

accept the necessary modification centering around axial precession...

For some inexplicable reason, you seem to think that this changing axial *tilt* wrt the Sun is the definition of axial precession, but you are wrong, wrong, wrong. Don't take my word for it, just look it up yourself...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_precession

... and understand that you can't hijack this definition any apply it to something completely different.

and understand to the best of their abilities what has been done in

respect to the explanation for the seasons,global climate and the

variations in the natural noon cycle.

We all know the reason for the seasons, it is basic and elementary, and the same holds true for the variations in the natural noon cycles, there is nothing *new* that needs to be discussed, all of this is Old Business...

There is no downside to the events which happened here over the past
decade ,the organizations which require Ra/Dec for civil purposes can
continue to use and expand on them including normal corrective
measures such a s the leap second,the Christian Church comes out of
this well as the objections to the mechanical side of astronomy were
well founded in terms of proving the Earth's motions as can be seen
with the emergence of Ra/Dec.Climate scientists,at least genuine
ones,get a new template for climate as it uses planetary comparisons
to extract common denominators for astronomical inputs.The one group
who are restricted ,and they are dominant in this era,are the modelers
who do not sense the limitations of modeling nor the dangers of
replacing interpretative sciences with speculative/predictive ones.

Obviously none of you get the message that I do not suffer a 'me
against them' mindset,I do not think it is a good thing one way or
another to be isolated nor go through a torrent of personal hostility
and imagine it is a sign that I am right.The fact is that you half
understand what happens as Uranus moves around in its orbit and the
polar coordinates turn to the central Sun and that makes you more
informed than those who say nothing and you have no idea,none,what
intellectual and physical energy it takes to extract a conclusion like
that and one you treat you casually if not with crudeness.If there
were astronomers they would have known what is involved in the
creative process of putting a picture together with nothing but raw
data in front of you and that is not a complaint,that is the
satisfaction of doing astronomy as an individual in a world that no
longer prizes it.

Old November 5th 12, 06:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

1/1461: The sky is yellow. I demand endless sycophantic denial from
those who shall not be named. The sky is yellow. Your pedantic
sky is yellow. Nothing will undermine this perfect assumption. The sky
is yellow. No corrupt, pseudo astronomers need reply. The sky is
yellow. You cannot prove otherwise to my satisfaction. The sky is
yellow. 1461 yellow skies make four years of perfect custard. The sky
is yellow. Every child should be taught this great truth. The sky is
yellow. No false predictors or modellers need respond. The sky is
yellow. It says so in all the great books. The sky is yellow. It says
so in the bible if you know where to look. The sky is yellow.
Copernicus says so.The sky is yellow. Burn all the false books. The
sky is yellow. The enemies of this great truth shell be reaped. The
sky is yellow. Live with it! The sky is yellow. I have done the sums.
The sky is yellow. Let no man consider himself intelligent unless he
acknowledges this fact. The sky is yellow. I demand endless
sycophantic denial from those who shall not be named. The sky is
yellow. Your pedantic responses are awaited. The sky is yellow. Where
are my replies? The sky is yellow. Nothing will undermine this perfect
assumption. The sky is yellow. No corrupt, pseudo astronomers need
reply. The sky is yellow. You cannot prove otherwise to my
satisfaction. The sky is yellow. 1461 yellow skies make four years of
perfect custard. The sky is yellow. Every child should be taught this
great truth. The sky is yellow. No false predictors or modellers need
respond. The sky is yellow. It says so in all the great books. The sky
is yellow. It says so in the bible if you know where to look. The sky
is yellow. Copernicus says so.The sky is yellow. Burn all the false
books. The sky is yellow. The enemies of this great truth shell be
reaped. The sky is yellow. Live with it! The sky is yellow. I have
done the sums. The sky is yellow. Let no man consider himself
intelligent unless he acknowledges this fact.The sky is yellow. I
demand endless sycophantic denial from those who shall not be named.
The sky is yellow. Your pedantic responses are awaited. The sky is
[...]
not be named. The sky is yellow. Your pedantic responses are awaited.
The sky is yellow. Where are my replies? The sky is yellow. Nothing
will undermine this perfect assumption. The sky is yellow. No corrupt,
pseudo astronomers need reply. The sky is yellow. You cannot prove
otherwise to my satisfaction. The sky is yellow. 1461 yellow skies
make four years of perfect custard. The sky is yellow. Every child
should be taught this great truth. The sky is yellow. No false
predictors or modellers need respond. The sky is yellow. It says so in
all the great books. The sky is yellow. It says so in the bible if you
know where to look. The sky is yellow. Copernicus says so.The sky is
yellow. Burn all the false books by the false prophets. The sky is
yellow. The enemies of this great truth shell be reaped. The sky is
yellow. Live with it! The sky is yellow. I have done the sums. The
sky is yellow. Let no man consider himself intelligent unless he
acknowledges this fact.The sky is yellow. I demand endless sycophantic
[...]
acknowledges this fact. The sky is yellow. I will not be denied!

Extracts from the great works of Birdy ø' C'stard Esq.

Old November 9th 12, 09:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 31/10/2012 11:26 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
Moon’s largest dark spot may be an impact crater
http://blogs.physicstoday.org/newspi...impact-crater/

"The Moon’s 3 000–km dark spot is known as Oceanus Procellarum, or the
“Ocean of Storms.” Japanese scientists led by Ryosuke Nakamura from the
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology believe
they have found evidence the mare was created by a massive impact".

Well, what else could it have been?

Yousuf Khan
Old November 10th 12, 02:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

http://blogs.physicstoday.org/newspi...argest-dark-sp....

"The Moon’s 3 000–km dark spot is known as Oceanus Procellarum, or the
“Ocean of Storms.” Japanese scientists led by Ryosuke Nakamura from the
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology believe
they have found evidence the mare was created by a massive impact".

Well, what else could it have been?

* * * * Yousuf Khan

Good one.

Old November 10th 12, 03:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...61116100_n.jpg
Old November 10th 12, 04:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 9, 6:36*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 11/9/12 3:34 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:

On 31/10/2012 11:26 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
Moon’s largest dark spot may be an impact crater
http://blogs.physicstoday.org/newspi...argest-dark-sp....

"The Moon’s 3 000–km dark spot is known as Oceanus Procellarum, or the
“Ocean of Storms.” Japanese scientists led by Ryosuke Nakamura from the
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology believe
they have found evidence the mare was created by a massive impact".

Well, what else could it have been?

* * *Yousuf Khan

* *Crop Circle?

That's all the proof we need.
Old November 10th 12, 06:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_4_]

"palsing" wrote in message ...
On Friday, November 9, 2012 6:36:13 PM UTC-8, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 11/9/12 3:34 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:

On 31/10/2012 11:26 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:

Moon’s largest dark spot may be an impact crater

http://blogs.physicstoday.org/newspi...impact-crater/

"The Moon’s 3 000–km dark spot is known as Oceanus Procellarum, or the

“Ocean of Storms.” Japanese scientists led by Ryosuke Nakamura from the

National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology believe

they have found evidence the mare was created by a massive impact".

Well, what else could it have been?

Yousuf Khan

Crop Circle?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...61116100_n.jpg

If we ever pick up 2D radio images of giant reptiles with teeth being defeated by upright apes pointing hand-held projectile launchers at each other, let’s use that planet as an asylum for our own lunatics who can amuse themselves making therapeutic patterns in their crops.
-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway