I'M BACK!!

Old October 5th 09, 12:56 AM posted to sci.space.tech,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Default I'M BACK!!

Power supply failure - not worth having it repaired, so I bought a (much)
better computer.

Old October 5th 09, 01:10 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
Power supply failure.

(Cut to scene of opening the computer case to reveal the dead platypus
on the treadmill.) :-)

Pat
Old October 5th 09, 08:37 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Brian Gaff

I've no idea what you are on about, but over here we use ex politicians on
our treadmill, as the Platypus has too much intelligence.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Old October 5th 09, 09:41 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Brian Gaff wrote:
I've no idea what you are on about, but over here we use ex politicians on
our treadmill, as the Platypus has too much intelligence.

I'm trying to figure out a way to derive electrical power from the
jumping of kangaroos.
I'm not sure about the details of this system yet, but I'm pretty sure
it will involve tying bungee cords onto their feet as they stand atop
fire ant nests to give a rhythmic bouncing motion and produce AC
electricity of the desired number of cycles per second.
This "kangerator" will provide a use for these horrid creatures other
than dog food and a cheap means of testing landmines.
A smaller portable version employing a wallaby and a bed of nails might
be just the thing for campers in the outback. ;-)

Pat
Old October 6th 09, 02:08 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
jonathan[_6_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message

Power supply failure - not worth having it repaired, so I bought a (much)
better computer.

Welcome back!

The more the merrier I always say.