First-ever photo of planet outside our solar system?

Old September 11th 04, 10:43 AM
Robin Fairbairns

Default First-ever photo of planet outside our solar system?

"mercury" writes:
http://www.world-science.net/otherne..._planetfrm.htm

it would be interesting to look at this, no doubt, but that url gives
nothing but "Site Temporarily Disabled"

[probably a spam of some sort, to judge by the weird set of
newsgroups -- which i've trimmed -- but...]
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
Old September 11th 04, 01:47 PM
Alan LeHun

In article , says...
"mercury" writes:
http://www.world-science.net/otherne..._planetfrm.htm

it would be interesting to look at this, no doubt, but that url gives
nothing but "Site Temporarily Disabled"

[probably a spam of some sort, to judge by the weird set of
newsgroups -- which i've trimmed -- but...]

BBC reports it too.

Alan LeHun
Old September 11th 04, 04:50 PM
Robin Fairbairns

Alan LeHun writes:
says...
"mercury" writes:
http://www.world-science.net/otherne..._planetfrm.htm

it would be interesting to look at this, no doubt, but that url gives
nothing but "Site Temporarily Disabled"

[probably a spam of some sort, to judge by the weird set of
newsgroups -- which i've trimmed -- but...]

BBC reports it too.

good to see that (for once) my cynicism is misplaced. thanks for the
link.
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge
Old September 11th 04, 11:41 PM
OG

"Robin Fairbairns" wrote in message
"mercury" writes:
http://www.world-science.net/otherne..._planetfrm.htm

it would be interesting to look at this, no doubt, but that url gives
nothing but "Site Temporarily Disabled"

[probably a spam of some sort, to judge by the weird set of
newsgroups -- which i've trimmed -- but...]
--
Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge

World-science.net have a problem with controlling file sizes - the files
needed to show that page come to something like 750Kb
It includes several hidden images, jpegs saved as html pages and all
manner of rubbish.

It is getting better though - the last time I visited it (they had a
snippet about the new HST Catseye Nebula image), they had saved the main
image as a 500+ Kb bmp; at least the image accompanying this page is a
relatively modest 56kb Jpeg.

It's possible the reason it was unavailable earlier is because it
breached the host service download limits.

Sedna (2003 VB12) Ron Astronomy Misc 1 March 19th 04 11:44 AM
PDF (Planetary Distance Formula) explains DW 2004 / Quaoar and Kuiper Belt hermesnines Astronomy Misc 10 February 27th 04 02:14 AM
AMBER ALPHA STAR CESAM stellar model harlod caufield Policy 0 December 27th 03 08:10 PM
NASA Wants You to be a Solar System Ambassador Ron Baalke Misc 0 September 12th 03 01:32 AM
Incontrovertible Evidence Cash Astronomy Misc 1 August 24th 03 07:22 PM