NASA abandons plan to fly new spaceships by 2013

Old August 12th 08, 04:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default NASA abandons plan to fly new spaceships by 2013

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080811/...space_orion_dc
Old August 12th 08, 04:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

wrote in message
See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080811/...space_orion_dc

Interesting tha6t the article mentions the lack of additional funding, but
there is only one mention of "technical issues". Gee; I wonder what those
"issues" are....

Maybe the kidney-destroying launch vehicle?

Old August 12th 08, 01:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Martha Adams

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
wrote in message
See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080811/...space_orion_dc

Interesting tha6t the article mentions the lack of additional funding,
but there is only one mention of "technical issues". Gee; I wonder
what those "issues" are....

Maybe the kidney-destroying launch vehicle?

===================

Our world has lost its frontiers, and as it evolves
(if you can call it that) toward a zero-sum society,
money goes not where it's needed for the long run,
but to those who have the strongest lobbies and
business establishments to get (or take) it. Thus
we see today's spectacle of small controlled wars
that are as much political pork as that "bridge to
nowhere" in Alaska recently; the pork wars paid for
by way of inflation and by taking money away from
"unnecessary research into space."

"...kidney-destroying launch vehicle" is interesting
as a trivial words string, but I think this
sci.space.policy topic area is *much* too good and
useful for that. Or it ought to be.

Titeotwawki -- mha [sci.space.policy 2008 Aug 12]

Old August 12th 08, 01:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

how many may have known the stick wasnt a viable design years ago?
NASA loves studying stuff......

Shuttle will fly till it kills again.........

at least a hard decesion to keep flying will slow schedule produced
accidents

new crew launcher should of gone on existing expendables from the time
the shuttle shutdown was decided.

it would likely be flying by now.

and most of the money to design a new booster could of been spent on
awesome crew capsule and service module

Old August 14th 08, 07:40 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
Interesting tha6t the article mentions the lack of additional funding, but
there is only one mention of "technical issues". Gee; I wonder what those
"issues" are....

Maybe the kidney-destroying launch vehicle?

The Orion capsule recently failed its first parachute landing test also:
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/08...orion-failure/

Pat
Old August 14th 08, 09:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Alan Erskine wrote:
Interesting tha6t the article mentions the lack of additional funding,
but there is only one mention of "technical issues". Gee; I wonder what
those "issues" are....

Maybe the kidney-destroying launch vehicle?

The Orion capsule recently failed its first parachute landing test also:
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/08...orion-failure/

Pat

I'll read the article after I learn how to spell "that" (not "tha6t"). ;-)

Old August 14th 08, 12:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Poorly written; bad grammer....

This sentence being an example: "Only when this slowdown is achieved that
the main three cluster of parachutes can be deployed to complete the descent
and plunge into the Atlantic Ocean for retrieval."