Runaway Global Warming Possible!

Old February 28th 05, 12:37 AM
Coby Beck

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message

[discussing the Lancet study]
1) Inadequate sample size (less than 1000 sample points spread over 33
locales), which is why they give the spread they do.

This would just effect the uncertainty range, which you seem to acknowledge
here, not the validity.

2) Only recollection of anecdotal data with little to no verification
of reported facts (only attempted validation of 78 sample points and
only 63 were actually validated).

This issue was acknowledged and discussed in the study.

3) Likely includes a high percentage of combatants.

This is irrelevant to the stated purpose and conclusion of the study.

4) Timing of public disclosure via the web (in October) prior to
actual publication in The Lancet leads one to suspect that this was
largely an attempt to influence the US election.

This says nothing about the methods or accuracy.

5) Results are an order of magnitude higher than other similar
studies, which lends weight to the political motive postulated in 4),
above.

I am unaware of any other similar studies. Body counts and press surveys
are not similar studies. Do you have a reference handy?

--
Coby Beck
(remove #\Space "coby 101 @ big pond . com")

Old February 28th 05, 02:00 AM
Rand Simberg

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:12:22 -0500, in a place far, far away,
"Vendicar Decarian" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
You really DON'T read, do you? Rand said he wouldn't consider them
terrorists if they hadn't deliberately murdered a bunch of civilians
in the process.

nothing but collasteral damage...

You're as ignorant of the meaning of the phrase "collateral damage" as
you are of most things.
Old February 28th 05, 02:32 AM
Rand Simberg

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:23:39 -0500, in a place far, far away,

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
You're as ignorant of the meaning of the phrase "collateral damage" as
you are of most things.

One wonders when the first AmeriKKKan city will be made to glow in the
dark.

I suspect the time is very near.

AmeriKKKa is now the enemy of all good people.

Many good people will perish with the ongoing death of the Evil AmeriKKKan
state.

Simberg may perish. But he will not be among them.

I guess this is the time for the evil laughter...

What a maroon.
Old February 28th 05, 02:51 AM
Christopher M. Jones

Vendicar Decarian wrote:
"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
.. .

And do you have any evidence that Richard Nixon was president on that
date?

It's all in the history books Random.

Ahem. Christmas, 1968. Check your history books.