Was there a civilization that existed 13 000 years ago?

Old October 13th 03, 02:14 PM
DrPostman

Default Was there a civilization that existed 13 000 years ago?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:39:52 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

"DrPostman" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:21:45 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

Then your an Idiot.....

Spot the irony?

You gotta love the self inflicted wounds that
kooks do to themselves.

Are you saying you agree with his statement that
he made, that you cut?

O was commenting on your inability to know the difference
between "your" and "you're" and how ironic it is that you
would call someone an idiot when you can't even use the
correct word right before that.

Apparently you still don't get it.

Paul Mays:
You rant.... Give me evidence of X... But make sure you prove beyond
doubt that X is true before I will even study the evidence attempting
to prove X....

Bob Kolker:
That is exactly what I want."

Just want to know of your ability to understand
conceptual thought...

You gotta love the self inflicted wounds that people
with reading comprehension issues do to themselves.

Would that be "your" comprehension issues, or "you're" comprehension
issues?

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy

"No, the next step, Doktor, is that you start diagnosing illegally and
stupidly online, and get your license revoked."
-viveshwar
Old October 13th 03, 02:15 PM
DrPostman

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:47:04 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

"DrPostman" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:30:46 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

Maybe in a nice class room somewhere but on a few
newsgroups on the internet where the likes of TJ, Smart, Spacey
and others banter about, I think I might just be allowed to do and
say pretty much what ever the **** I want to ... and say it
in any way I wish.. When the time comes that I wish to have
a peer review of some aspect of my own postulates I will take the
time to quote from the books, provide an out line, bibliography,
organized reference lists etc.. Till then I'll just say go to the
big building in your town that has all those dusty old paper things
with all the letters printed in them.... They use to be called books...
and there's a lot of them and many have some neat stuff.....

Start off by learning the difference between "your" and "you're".

Your .. a possessive as in "That's Your opinion and your opinion
is no better than mine."

You're .. A declarative as in "You're having problems in reading
comprehension aren't you?"

Good boy, you actually learned something.

I love how kooks get all hostile when you ask hard questions.

I love how the arrogant can not comprehend that we know far less
about the world than we do know....

Name an archeology book you have read, then tell me about
arrogance.

Old October 13th 03, 02:21 PM
DrPostman

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:10:26 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

"DrPostman" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:41:28 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

But just to clarify.. I make no claims.. I state that
some people of note have given specific evidence that
supports the view of a larger civilization than what the
present historical record indicate..

None of those you pointed to hold degrees in archeology,
anthropology, geology, etc.... Why do you take the
word of amateurs with questionable backgrounds over
thousands of well studied field workers who really know
their stuff, and are aware of interdisciplinary collaborations?

Who the **** cares if there are a bunch of letters behind a name..
I might if I wished to just take someone's word for something...

All you have to do is read a few books on archeology and geology
to learn how full of crap hucksters like Hancock are.

The evidence provided is the important aspect .. not some talking
head telling me what to consider. If a ditzy blond that dropped out

What talking heads? People with PhDs in archeology and geology
are talking heads?

of school at 10 walked up and said "look at this" and hands me a
bone in a vain of coal then tells me its proof that man is as old as
coal I'll take a look and if its interesting I'll study the data and I
could care less what the claim is .. or who made it. I will continue
to question every aspect of mans knowledge base and every claim
made by men of many letters ... even the one's, that due to those letters,
you would take at their word...

And you will continue to ignore those who have spent lifetimes out
in the field researching.

All I have been suggesting in this thread ( and I'm not the one that
started it ) is that there is evidence that anyone out there can check..

All you do is point to links when that evidence is requested.

and when there are several interpretations for the observed... use
your own mind to come up with a rational construct based on the
data... not the self aggrandizement that causes some to brandish
their authority in letters behind their names...

I see, you are envious or jealous of those who have worked hard
to earn the title "Dr". Why is that?

I tend to have greater respect for those like El, hanson,bert, Minor Crank
and others that just use there intellect to support their positions instead
of
resorting to authority... Whether I disagree with their position or not..

The kinds of authority like doing decades of field work and
interdisciplinary referencing of data. Yea, stuff like that never
matters to the passionately credulous.

Old October 13th 03, 02:26 PM
DrPostman

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:56:33 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
In article "Paul R. Mays" writes:
Do you actually think some guy came along and provided evidence
of a round earth and everybody said ..that's it..

Of course, because you can see it directly. The horizon is BELOW
horizontal when standing on a hill. QED.

Then you didn't read that part about throwing folks in jail
and sticking sharp stuff through folks that made the claims for
years and years after the concept was presented did you...

Here we go again. Someone who believes that most people
over a thousand years ago believed that the earth was flat.
You might want to go and really look at what Columbus' argument
was to the Queen's committee. Hint, Columbus was WRONG.

You seem to think that the knowledge base you have to
consider a observation is the same knowledge base that
was had when the first few dudes stood on the hills and
said "check this out.. I go up a hill I can see a more distant
horizon"

That's called evidence... its disputed by the existing view..
(back then) ... some, in a flat earth Newsgroup of the times,
sat around yelling Kook... Kook.... Kook... and the guy on
the hill just stood there calmly saying "Look for yourself"
Don't believe authority on either side and "Look for yourself"

Or perform the simple experiments that Aristotle and Eratosthenes
offered. Real science like that doesn't interest you, does it?

Old October 13th 03, 02:27 PM
DrPostman

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:25:49 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

Ok brains... Where did evade contrary evidence?

English must have been one of your worst subjects in school.

Old October 13th 03, 04:12 PM
Robert J. Kolker

DrPostman wrote:

Amazing how people are so quick to think that our ancestors were
stupid and/or incapable of complicated and intricate works.

Our forbears were just as smart as we are. They didn't know as much
because they were at the beginning of things. All beginnings are difficult.

We broaden trails from narrow paths that were laborously trod out aeons
ago.

Bob Kolker

Old October 13th 03, 05:02 PM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:21:07 GMT, DrPostman
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell:

The evidence provided is the important aspect .. not some talking
head telling me what to consider. If a ditzy blond that dropped out

What talking heads? People with PhDs in archeology and geology
are talking heads?

They're part of the conspiracy, and HUGE POOLS OF MOLTEN STEEL!!!
--
V.G.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it is easier to harrass
rich women than it is motorcycle gangs." - Bumper Sticker
(This sig file contains not less than 80% recycled SPAM)

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.
Old October 13th 03, 05:42 PM
Carl R. Osterwald

wrote in alt.fan.art-bell:

The evidence provided is the important aspect .. not some talking
head telling me what to consider. If a ditzy blond that dropped out

What talking heads? People with PhDs in archeology and geology
are talking heads?

They're part of the conspiracy, and HUGE POOLS OF MOLTEN STEEL!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!

-=-=-=-=-
Old October 13th 03, 05:43 PM
Carl R. Osterwald

In article , Paul R. Mays
wrote:

I know this guy don't understand what I have said in this thread but one
of you I know has figured out that I'm not one of the guys that have
postulated the theory under question but only pointed correctly too
the fact that there is evidence that is at odds with existing theory of
civilization and that all people of intellect should actually consider
the physical evidence and use their mind's to understand the world around
us..... not to lock step and wait till a committee says its ok to think...]

Say WHAT??

-=-=-=-=-
Old October 13th 03, 08:00 PM
Jack

"Paul R. Mays" wrote in message ...
"Jack" wrote in message
om...
"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

Paul R. Mays wrote:

I remember reading about a fantastic claim that the earth was round
at one time... then some idiot made the claim that the earth actually
orbited the sun... those fools... oh yea... they were right after

all...

They were believed AFTER the evidence was in hand, not before. Did you
know that a broken 12 hour clock tells the right time twice a day?

Bob Kolker

except that Paul's clock strikes 13 o'clock. totally unreliable.

Mine actually strikes 1300 o'clock once a day....totally reliable.

you actually say "1300 o'clock"? why am I not surprised.

Paul is a Klassic Kook. his current gem of an argument is of the
"they laughed at Einstein, just like they're laughing at me" variety.

Kewl... Always wanted to be a Klassic something... And If I can get
a chuckle or two from the throng then its a good day...
And I never made that argument so what's with the quotes....

that's right, no one is laughing with you.

[And just a note... (to all you guys that have said that I was not a kook
when I told you guys that most consider me one ) here you go...

I know this guy don't understand what I have said in this thread but one
of you I know has figured out that I'm not one of the guys that have
postulated the theory under question but only pointed correctly too
the fact that there is evidence that is at odds with existing theory of
civilization and that all people of intellect should actually consider
the physical evidence and use their mind's to understand the world around
us..... not to lock step and wait till a committee says its ok to think...]

I can't tell the difference between you morons and since you've
adopted each other's arguments, what's the difference who I address?

notice how he continues to evade discussion of contrary evidence.

Ok brains... Where did evade contrary evidence? Show me a
quote or two...

don't evade this:
where is the evidence of domesticated food plants or domesticated
animals before 7,000BC?

you'd be better off sticking to your
"I-found-a-battery-in-a-lump-of-coal" style argument.