starry night software

Old October 31st 03, 07:09 PM
Stuart Turrell

Default starry night software

i would like to but this software, but i dont know what version.

i want to let it control my meade telescope, and i want it to have loads of
satellites, stars, galaxies and asteriods on it.

what version will be best? pro plus?

stuart

Old October 31st 03, 08:06 PM
mike ring

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in
:

i would like to but this software, but i dont know what version.

i want to let it control my meade telescope, and i want it to have
loads of satellites, stars, galaxies and asteriods on it.

what version will be best? pro plus?

stuart

I don't know anything about controlling telescopes, but I use Cartes de
Ciel which I like a lot, and it has a "meade interface plugin", and a
telescope menu which suggests it might help you.

Anyhow the price is right, it's free, so got to ber worth a look

mike r
Old October 31st 03, 08:32 PM
Martin

"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Stuart Turrell" wrote in
:

i would like to but this software, but i dont know what version.

i want to let it control my meade telescope, and i want it to have
loads of satellites, stars, galaxies and asteriods on it.

what version will be best? pro plus?

stuart

I don't know anything about controlling telescopes, but I use Cartes de
Ciel which I like a lot, and it has a "meade interface plugin", and a
telescope menu which suggests it might help you.

Anyhow the price is right, it's free, so got to ber worth a look

mike r

What sort of computer are you intending to use? A laptop or PDA? A lot of
this type of software "assumes" you have your telescope connected to a
serial port. Many laptops don't xome with one these days. So if your does
not have one you may have to purchase an adaptor to allow serial
communication.

Martin

Old October 31st 03, 09:36 PM
Philippe HAAKE

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:09:53 +0000 (UTC), "Stuart Turrell"
wrote:

i would like to but this software, but i dont know what version.

i want to let it control my meade telescope, and i want it to have loads of
satellites, stars, galaxies and asteriods on it.

what version will be best? pro plus?

stuart

Don't buy StarryNight for that...... Have a download of CartesDuCiel-
SkyCharts..... much better and much cheeper.. LOL

Best Greetings From SWITZERLAND
Philippe HAAKE
ICQ 3128404
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/meteo
http://www.astro-ge.net/
http://community.webshots.com/user/beruberu1

!!!!!!REMOVE NOSBSPAM FROM MY E-MAIL!!!!!!

Spammers, here are some email addresses for your spambots:

$LOGIN@localhost $LOGNAME@localhost $USER@localhost
$USER@$HOST -h1024@localhost
admin@loopback
Old November 1st 03, 01:05 PM
Stuart Turrell

i will run the software on botha desktop and laptop, but the telescope will
be run from the serial port on my laptop.

I had to buy one second hand as i couldn't find a new one new in my price
range with a serial port.

"Martin" wrote in message

"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Stuart Turrell" wrote in
:

Old November 2nd 03, 12:33 AM
Mary Shakespeare

I am using Starry Night Backyard at the moment and I think it is very good
product (there is now a new one replacing it I believe, which I cannot
remember the name of it at the moment!) It is very good for me because I am
only starting out, there are others in the series which are for the more

Old November 2nd 03, 01:47 PM
NTL Newsgroups

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
i would like to but this software, but i dont know what version.

i want to let it control my meade telescope, and i want it to have loads

of
satellites, stars, galaxies and asteriods on it.

what version will be best? pro plus?

stuart

I got the installation file for Starry Night Backyard, from Kazaa Lite I
think, and i found the serial number on the website www.crackheaven.com so I
got it for free. Its pretty good, and better than the program that came with
my telescope, as it allows me to set how much light pollution there is.

Old November 2nd 03, 02:01 PM
Craig Oldfield

In article ,
burbled happily...

I got the installation file for Starry Night Backyard, from Kazaa Lite I
think, and i found the serial number on the website
www.crackheaven.com so I
got it for free.

Did you steal your telescope too?

--
Craig Oldfield
Old November 2nd 03, 03:30 PM
NTL Newsgroups

"Craig Oldfield" wrote in message
burbled happily...

I got the installation file for Starry Night Backyard, from Kazaa Lite I
think, and i found the serial number on the website
www.crackheaven.com

so I
got it for free.

Did you steal your telescope too?

--
Craig Oldfield

lmao...no.
just didnt want to hand space.com my credit card on a plate

Old November 2nd 03, 07:07 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , NTL
Newsgroups writes

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
i would like to but this software, but i dont know what version.

i want to let it control my meade telescope, and i want it to have loads

of
satellites, stars, galaxies and asteriods on it.

what version will be best? pro plus?

stuart

I got the installation file for Starry Night Backyard, from Kazaa Lite I
think, and i found the serial number on the website www.crackheaven.com so I
got it for free. Its pretty good, and better than the program that came with
my telescope, as it allows me to set how much light pollution there is.

Is it worth forwarding this to the Federation Against Copyright Theft
(FACT)? A little "pour encouragir les autres" might do some good.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10