Helium perhaps?

Old October 3rd 16, 10:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Helium perhaps?

Here's the CRS-5 launch - which shows the second stage LOX tank draining during the burn. It also shows the HeHPV tanks inside the LOX tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7x-...ailpage#t=1520

Shown in this image here;

http://imgur.com/ap8CTFE

There is also a cordite line running the length of each stage, near the He tanks - to split open the tanks if needed and there are shaped charges near the combustion chamber to stop the engines if need by by cutting them in two.

With Reddit, and other high quality sources of information, and videos such as this provided by the company in near real time, along with other enthusiasts sites, its relatively easy for a supercomputer with 'big data' to compile reports nearly as good as the ones produced after months of effort back in the 1960s.

This is an emerging business opportunity;

https://www.oecd.org/mcm/documents/E...rim-report.pdf

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20475...wer8-chip.html

Old October 4th 16, 12:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

There is also a cordite line running the length of each stage, near the He tanks - to split open the tanks if needed and there are shaped charges near the combustion chamber to stop the engines if need by by cutting them in two.

Wrong. There is no 'cordite' involved. I've seen nothing to support
your continuing claim about charges to do anything to the combustion
chambers.

With Reddit, and other high quality sources of information, and videos such as this provided by the company in near real time, along with other enthusiasts sites, its relatively easy for a supercomputer with 'big data' to compile reports nearly as good as the ones produced after months of effort back in the 1960s.

This is an emerging business opportunity;

https://www.oecd.org/mcm/documents/E...rim-report.pdf

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20475...wer8-chip.html

In other words, what Mookie is telling us is that he collected a bunch
of random data, both good and bad, produced his own 'report', and then
read it.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old October 4th 16, 01:11 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 12:03:32 PM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

There is also a cordite line running the length of each stage, near the He tanks - to split open the tanks if needed and there are shaped charges near the combustion chamber to stop the engines if need by by cutting them in two.

Wrong. There is no 'cordite' involved.

This from a patent describing the use of explosives in flight termination systems filed by Phillips Petroleum in 1959;

"The solid propellant material which can be employed in fabricating the charges used in this invention include any of those known in the art, which propellant materials are self-combustible, slow-burning, non-explosive, and generate large volumes of gases. Representative solid propellants useful in this invention include those of the double base type, such as ballistite which is a solid nitroglycerin.- nitrocellulose double base propellant. Another example of a double base propellant is cordite, which consists of nitroglycerin, nitrocellulose and carbamite (diethyl diphenyl urea). Other useful propellants include those of the composite type comprising a major amount of a solid inorganic oxidizing salt and a minor amount of an organic binder which serves as the fuel for the oxidizer. Such inorganic oxidizing salts include the ammonium, alkali metal, and alkaline earth metal salts of nitric, chloric, and perchloric acids, such as ammonium perchlorate, potassium perchlorate, ammonium nitrate, lithium perchlorate, potassium nitrate, and the like. Suitable binder materials which can be used in fabricating these composite propellants include natural and synthetic rubbers, asphalt, cellulose and derivatives thereof, and polymers of acrylic, epoxy, phenolic, and like materials, polyamides, polyesters, polyethylene polysulfides, polyurethanes, and the like. An example of a known composite solid propellant is Galcit, which consists of finely divided potassium perchlorate in asphalt and oil. These propellants can be cast, compression molded, or extruded into the desired shape or geometry. After shaping the propellant, it can then be cured so as to set up into a relatively rigid mass which can be machined or otherwise finished to the desired shape."

I've seen nothing to support
your continuing claim about charges to do anything to the combustion
chambers.

Because you've never looked.

With Reddit, and other high quality sources of information, and videos such as this provided by the company in near real time, along with other enthusiasts sites, its relatively easy for a supercomputer with 'big data' to compile reports nearly as good as the ones produced after months of effort back in the 1960s.

This is an emerging business opportunity;

https://www.oecd.org/mcm/documents/E...rim-report.pdf

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20475...wer8-chip.html

In other words, what Mookie is telling us is that he collected a bunch
of random data,

No, AI software continually monitors the interenet for ALL RELEVANT DATA.

both good and bad,

No, ALL data is reviewed and selected on an intelligent understanding of the subject being discussed.

produced his own 'report',

The AI produced the report, not me. I merely set up the parameters by asking a question.

and then
read it.

Correct, or have it read to me with some discussion of details if I'm busy.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/se...onal-paradigm/

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Old October 4th 16, 01:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

William Mook wrote:

[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDj3shXvco

I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you
Keep your mouth shut, you're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm busting up my brains for the words
Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Press your space face close to mine, love
Freak out in a moonage daydream oh yeah
Don't fake it baby, lay the real thing on me
The church of man, love, is such a holy place to be
Make me baby, make me know you really care
Make me jump into the air

Old October 4th 16, 01:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

F9R's final moments

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lnqjnxfjgUk

Falcon 9 includes an active FTS system, that is in control of the range safety officer.

Falcon 9 specifically uses a detcord that runs down the length of the tank. When activated, it zips the stage open, causing the LOX & RP-1 to ignite instantaneously in midair. This is the best approach, the quicker you can combust all the reactants, the better.

Not everyone knows it, but the most famous use of Falcon 9's FTS is on F9R-Dev1 Flight 13, the last flight of Grasshopper's successor at McGregor, Texas had a sensor malfunction in F9R's engine(s) - this caused the rocket to stray outside of its predicted flight path, and for its Instantaneous Impact Point (IIP), the place it would land if on a parabolic trajectory at that moment, to be outside of SpaceX's predefined safe zone. The rocket was automatically terminated by the FTS.

Falcon 9v1.1 is a bit different. It doesn't have an automatic termination system, it's manually controlled, through C-band radio.

The Rocket has a Flight Termination System consisting of two strings of transmitters, receivers and safe and arm devices. The FTS works with C-Band Communications and can be used to terminate the flight in case of any anomalies.

It has never been called upon operationally, and would not have helped CRS-5 or CRS-6. Listen in to the CRS-6 webcast. At T+7:16, the controller reads out "Stage 1 FTS has been safed". This occurs after the reentry burn and prior to the landing burn.

The reasoning for this is that F9 has so little fuel left at this point it is not necessary to have the FTS armed, plus having a landed rocket with an active FTS system is more risky than just safing it.

Now, Space Safety Regulations and Standards, require two separate systems in place for each stage - and one must stop the engine. For a liquid propellant engine this can include cutting open the combustion chamber, stopping the turbopumps, or blowing out the combustion process - so that the propellant flows out of a non burning engine. My understanding of the Merlin is that a shaped charge cuts the engine into several pieces reducing thrust to zero - while the detcord down the side splits open the tanks breaking the ship up into little pieces.

http://bit.ly/2dNHc3H

Old October 4th 16, 04:46 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

There is also a cordite line running the length of each stage, near the He tanks - to split open the tanks if needed and there are shaped charges near the combustion chamber to stop the engines if need by by cutting them in two.

Wrong. There is no 'cordite' involved.

This from a patent describing the use of explosives in flight termination systems filed by Phillips Petroleum in 1959;

Nobody is using 1950's technology. No cordite involved.

snip irrelevant MookSpew

Bull****. You've made a claim. Cite it or retract as MookSpew.

With Reddit, and other high quality sources of information, and videos such as this provided by the company in near real time, along with other enthusiasts sites, its relatively easy for a supercomputer with 'big data' to compile reports nearly as good as the ones produced after months of effort back in the 1960s.

This is an emerging business opportunity;

https://www.oecd.org/mcm/documents/E...rim-report.pdf

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20475...wer8-chip.html

In other words, what Mookie is telling us is that he collected a bunch
of random data,

No, AI software ...

MookFantasy removed

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Old October 4th 16, 04:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

Falcon 9 specifically uses a detcord that runs down the length of the tank. When activated, it zips the stage open, causing the LOX & RP-1 to ignite instantaneously in midair. This is the best approach, the quicker you can combust all the reactants, the better.

This posting BY YOU explodes several of your own previous claims. No
combustion chamber pyros; it runs down the length of the stage. No
cordite; it's detcord, which is typically PETN.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Helium and Fields Kevin Barry Misc 0 November 3rd 13 09:39 PM
The Moon Has Helium! Dean History 40 October 6th 12 04:05 AM
Helium 3 and the moon David Ball Policy 11 August 4th 05 06:05 AM
Helium-3 Article in USA Today Mark R. Whittington Policy 35 December 26th 04 01:03 AM
Helium-3? [email protected] Policy 7 December 7th 04 02:15 AM