The five loops of Venus?

Old May 30th 12, 06:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson[_2_]

Default The five loops of Venus?

Somewhere that Venus produces five different patters in the sky. Anyone
know where these paths are shown? I think one of them is 270 days long.
Old May 30th 12, 06:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:15:48 PM UTC-7, W. eWatson wrote:
Somewhere that Venus produces five different patters in the sky. Anyone
know where these paths are shown? I think one of them is 270 days long.

You may have read about this in Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code', one discussion here...

http://www.astronomyforum.net/amateu...rue-false.html

- or-

http://tinyurl.com/7rxafo3

.... and from that page there is this...

http://elizapeter.eresmas.net/venus.jpg

\Paul A
Old May 30th 12, 11:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Tue, 29 May 2012 22:15:48 -0700, "W. eWatson"
wrote:
Somewhere that Venus produces five different patters in the sky.

Anyone
know where these paths are shown? I think one of them is 270 days

long.

Any decent planetarium program should be able to plot this. These
five loops are produced during an 8-year long time period during
which Venus orbits the Sun 8+5=13 times.
Old May 30th 12, 01:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson[_2_]

On 5/29/2012 10:24 PM, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:15:48 PM UTC-7, W. eWatson wrote:
Somewhere that Venus produces five different patters in the sky. Anyone
know where these paths are shown? I think one of them is 270 days long.

You may have read about this in Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code', one discussion here...

http://www.astronomyforum.net/amateu...rue-false.html

- or-

http://tinyurl.com/7rxafo3

... and from that page there is this...

http://elizapeter.eresmas.net/venus.jpg

\Paul A

Interesting, but I think I found the book I had read about this.
Empires of Time by Anthony Aveni. Page 201 shows the patterns. You
might see it by going to Amazon to see if has a "Look Inside". The
Mayans were really fascinated by Venus. It's possible the science
writer K.C. Cole wrote about the significance of 270. 270
days-gestation-Women-Venus.She's written a variety of science books.
Old May 30th 12, 04:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 5/30/12 12:15 AM, W. eWatson wrote:
Somewhere that Venus produces five different patters in the sky. Anyone
know where these paths are shown? I think one of them is 270 days long.

Try:
http://www.keplerstern.com/Play_of__...movements.html

Old May 30th 12, 08:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On May 30, 4:42*am, Paul Schlyter wrote:
These
five loops are produced during an 8-year long time period during
which Venus orbits the Sun 8+5=13 times.

And, thus, the synodic period of Venus is based on the five times when
it catches up to the Earth during eight years, and it is about 583.92
days.

John Savard

Apollo air to ground comm loops Jud McCranie[_2_] History 5 October 2nd 08 06:12 AM
Other audio loops Jim Space Shuttle 1 December 18th 06 05:14 PM
Heating Coronal Loops Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 0 September 2nd 05 05:17 PM
Air to ground loops David Findlay Space Shuttle 0 July 29th 05 12:37 AM
Measuring "loops" in the Sun (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 November 14th 03 09:21 PM