A smaller, faster version of the SpaceX Interplanetary Transport System to Mars.

Old October 20th 16, 01:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Serigo

Default A smaller, faster version of the SpaceX Interplanetary TransportSystem to Mars.

On 10/19/2016 3:29 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article , says...

Wrong crowd. I have an aerospace engineering degree and don't tend to
hang out with the "Smoke-um Dope-um crowd". More like the hang out with
other engineers at lunch on Friday and have one beer.

Excellent!

and moronic "Lets build a STEEL PLANT on Mars"

That wasn't me, but there is nothing fundamental which prevents doing
such a thing.

try building one in the USA first, extremly hard to do because of all
the regulations,

Mars is going to have the same regulations then?

most likely run from Brussels now, they set the laws for EU rest of the
world.
NASA has its own process for building and launching rockets tracking
materials, Im sure is flowed down to SpaceX and others. (I was on a few
projects that went on Missiles)

and now you want to go pollute a entire pristeen planet ?

Who said anything about releasing waste from the process to pollute the
planet?

the greenies will, they wont let Mars turn into a 3rd world planet,
perhaps it already is, un-inhabitable.

the Steel Foundry and Mill will have to be enclosed, air tight.

Space Elevator too ?

Once the materials are good enough and can be produced economically in
the quantities needed, why hell not? In the long run it would be a lot
better than chemical propulsion.

Jeff

electrical? need rails to take the current.
The "Space Elevator" has been replaced by the "Space Rubber band" just
by growing a few rubber trees on Mars, we can build a very very large
rubber band...

Old October 20th 16, 02:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Jeff Findley wrote:

In article , says...

isn't that a great pix of Hiellary, your leader. [ugh]

She has already re-purposed the funding for the
"US Occupation of Planet Mars"
to her remodel of the "White House" into the "White Castle" with Throne

You really are being a ass aren't you?

Jeff

well you're abrasive asshole, it is what you do, but that is expected as
you have little scientific/engineering facts to contribute.

LOL, you mean like the cites provided that you've largely ignored?

Well, he doesn't like the issues clouded with facts.

your "Occupy Mars" idiocy is in with the Smoke-um Dope-um crowd.

Wrong crowd. I have an aerospace engineering degree and don't tend to
hang out with the "Smoke-um Dope-um crowd". More like the hang out with
other engineers at lunch on Friday and have one beer.

Yeah. I really don't know who this idiot thinks he's talking to or
just what his own background is, but I'm betting he's still living in
Mom's basement.

I made a pretty good living as an engineer for over 30 years, so this
moron's opinion is merely mildly humorous.

and moronic "Lets build a STEEL PLANT on Mars"

That wasn't me, but there is nothing fundamental which prevents doing
such a thing.

And AT SOME POINT you're going to want to do that and many other
things.

try building one in the USA first, extremly hard to do because of all
the regulations,

Mars is going to have the same regulations then?

and now you want to go pollute a entire pristeen planet ?

Who said anything about releasing waste from the process to pollute the
planet?

And who cares if we do? This guy really does belong in the basement
of his Mom's cave gnawing on bushes.

Space Elevator too ?

Once the materials are good enough and can be produced economically in
the quantities needed, why hell not? In the long run it would be a lot
better than chemical propulsion.

Space elevators make great thought experiments, but they're unlikely
to happen for a long, long time (if ever).

--George Bernard Shaw