On July 20.1969.....

Old July 17th 04, 07:51 PM
Alain Fournier

Default On July 20.1969.....

janet santana wrote:

DrPostman wrote in message . ..

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:35:18 -0400, "Jonathan"
wrote:

[snip great old memories]

We copy you down, eagle.

Houston, tranquility base here. The eagle has landed.

I was 10 years old, it was after Midnight, my dad and me
watched with rapt attention. Great memories all the way
around. Thanks for the reminder.

I was 17. I watched it live in Central Park.

I was 9, moving across Canada with my family. At the time
not all hotels had television. It was always absolutely
necessary to make sure that we would have a television set
available for the next major event of the mission. So when
we were in low population density areas we wouldn't take
any chances and stop at a hotel with televisions even if
the next major event was still hours away. That would allow
us to travel only small hops on most days. Great memories.

Alain Fournier