SpaceShipTwo accident

Old November 13th 14, 12:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else

Default SpaceShipTwo accident

On 11/11/2014 9:41 AM, wrote:
In article ,
Sylvia Else wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10...g_test_flight/

"The SpaceShipTwo vehicle uses a solid-fuel rocket to boost itself into
low earth orbit before gliding back down to Earth."

I suppose it was too much to hope that the journo would have done any
research before writing the article.

Well, technically it is solid fuel; it's the oxidizer that's liquid . . .

Er, no, I was referring to the low Earth orbit.

Sylvia.
Old November 13th 14, 01:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

On 11/12/14, 6:59 PM, Sylvia Else wrote :
On 11/11/2014 9:41 AM, wrote:
In article ,
Sylvia Else wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10...g_test_flight/

"The SpaceShipTwo vehicle uses a solid-fuel rocket to boost itself into
low earth orbit before gliding back down to Earth."

I suppose it was too much to hope that the journo would have done any
research before writing the article.

Well, technically it is solid fuel; it's the oxidizer that's liquid . . .

Er, no, I was referring to the low Earth orbit.

Very low Earth orbit, with perigee I don't know maybe 1000 km below the
surface? :-)

Alain Fournier