(Poll) Space Tourism

Old September 22nd 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Danny Dot[_1_]

Default (Poll) Space Tourism

Danny Dot wrote:

wrote in message ...
When it becomes available and reasonably priced do you plan on
becoming a Space Tourist?

That Virgin Galactic crap? Where you don't even get into orbit? Where
you
are only weightless for five minutes? I'd pay $50 for that if it were at
theme park... where it belongs.

I would go if I was ultra rich. Remember there are many in this world that
the fee to them would be like a bus ride to the rest of us. You can't take
it with you, so you might as well spend it if you have it.

Danny Dot

Old September 22nd 06, 01:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Frank Glover[_1_]

Traveler wrote:

'John Doe' wrote in:

-- wrote:

That Virgin Galactic crap? Where you don't even get into orbit? Where you
are only weightless for five minutes? I'd pay $50 for that if it were at a
theme park... where it belongs.

I wouldn't call it "crap". It is still an experience worth taking. It is
a thrill ride which I would classify along with bungee jumping or
parachuting or maybe like climbing the sydney harbour bridge. Not
something I would refuse to do.

I call it crap. Dumb humans are just too obsessed the with thrills and rare
opportunities bull****.

Um, yeah. You say that like it's a bad thing....

(assuming I'm not missing a 'sarcasm' tag)

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page: http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the
human spirit."
- Stephen Hawking
Old September 22nd 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Fred J. McCall

"Danny Dot" wrote:

:I would go if I was ultra rich. Remember there are many in this world that
:the fee to them would be like a bus ride to the rest of us. You can't take
:it with you, so you might as well spend it if you have it.

All I can say is they must have some real expensive buses where you
live....

territory."
--G. Behn
Old September 23rd 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Frank Glover[_1_]

nomen wrote:

"Danny Dot" wrote:

I would go if I was ultra rich. Remember there are many in this world
that the fee to them would be like a bus ride to the rest of us. You
can't take it with you, so you might as well spend it if you have it.

Danny Dot

redistributing wealth, taking from the rich and giving to the poor sounds better. Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

That's what taxes are for...

But beyond a certain point, you destroy any reason to *become* rich.

Who will you redistribute from then, Robin Hood...?

Old September 23rd 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Frank Glover wrote:

That's what taxes are for...

But beyond a certain point, you destroy any reason to *become* rich.

When being rich is outlawed, only outlaws will be rich. :-)

Karl Marx
Old September 23rd 06, 05:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:36:39 -0400, in a place far, far away, John Doe
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as
to indicate that:

-- wrote:
That Virgin Galactic crap? Where you don't even get into orbit? Where you
are only weightless for five minutes? I'd pay $50 for that if it were at a
theme park... where it belongs.

I wouldn't call it "crap". It is still an experience worth taking. It is
a thrill ride which I would classify along with bungee jumping or
parachuting or maybe like climbing the sydney harbour bridge. Not
something I would refuse to do.

However, it doesn't even come close to the experience in the Soyuz,
mostly because it lacks all the training, and living in Moscow for a
while, visiting Star City as well as Baikonur, meeting real astronauts,
doing all the pre-requisite exercises, and I assume the wilderness
survival tests (when landing on the Soyuz).

I never fail to be amused at fools who mistake their own preferences
for the market.
Old September 24th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Frank Glover wrote:

That's what taxes are for...

But beyond a certain point, you destroy any reason to *become* rich.

When being rich is outlawed, only outlaws will be rich. :-)

That's why tax cuts improve government revenue- up to a certain point. If
tax cuts were the primary answer, then it should be possible to raise
government income to infinity with a tax rate of zero. The converse, of
course, is that tax increases will eventually result in a decrease in
revenue, as folks stop doing the things to generate revenue, and get better
at hiding it.

Old September 30th 06, 12:37 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

PS wrote:

And it is not like it is such a good thing either. Humans are like a devolved species.

We're just monkeys who lost our tails growing up from little snails,
after all. ;-)

Pat
Old June 2nd 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Craig Fink

-- wrote:

When it becomes available and reasonably priced do you plan on
becoming a Space Tourist?

That Virgin Galactic crap? Where you don't even get into orbit? Where
you
are only weightless for five minutes? I'd pay $50 for that if it were at
a theme park... where it belongs.

Try scuba diving, it's around $50 and you get 45 minutes of weightlessness.