identify this spacesuit ?

Old July 10th 06, 12:38 AM posted to sci.space.history
Gene DiGennaro

Default identify this spacesuit ?

SR-71 suits are David Clark S-1030 suits I believe. Like Henry has said
it is a distant relative of the AP22/S full pressure suit of the X-15
program. Likewise the Gemini G4C is derived from that pioneering suit.
I think the current LES pumpkin suit is based on the S-1030 as well.
Interesting that David Clark wrote the book on practical high altitude
pressure suits but as far as I know, aside from Gemini's spacewalking
suits, they never fielded an EVA suit. That has been the realm of
Hamilton Std ( now Sundstran).

Gene DiGennaro
Baltimore, Md.

Henry Spencer wrote:
In article rs.com,
mike flugennock wrote:
I couldn't tell you for sure, but the SR71 pilot's gear looks
suspiciously like the David Clark G4C, used in Gemini...

If memory serves, the operational SR-71 crews originally used a slight
variant of the Gemini suits.

David Clark also made the X-15 suits, which went through one major design
revision and several smaller ones. The current shuttle ascent/descent
suits (which replaced the partial-pressure suits used for a while after
Challenger) are distant derivatives of the X-15 suits, as were the final
SR-71 suits.

Old July 10th 06, 12:40 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:37:24 GMT, (Henry Spencer)
wrote:

David Clark also made the X-15 suits

....And was the leader of a rock & roll band that rode the moptops of
the Beatles' success. At least, that's what he did in the
Flanneryverse :-)

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old July 10th 06, 12:42 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 02:56:24 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

...Didn't someone post a link to a Clark suit website a while upon a
while back?

Hell of a lot of different pressure suits, and variations there of, over
the years:

....Nonono, this was a specitic site dealing with the Clark suits. I
honestly thought I'd archived the link, but I'll be fracked by a
Znkfba if I can find the damned thing.

OM
--