SpaceX first DOD flight underway

Old May 1st 17, 01:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX first DOD flight underway

SpaceX's first DOD flight is underway. Since they weren't allowed to
cover the 2nd stage, the long range camera followed the first stage all
the way from launch to a successful landing at their landing zone at
Cape Canaveral. Those "ass-backwards" burns are quite impressive to
see! If you didn't watch the thing live like I did, you really should
watch the replay video.

Jeff
Old May 2nd 17, 03:08 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Elliot[_4_]

On Mon, 1 May 2017, Jeff Findley wrote:

SpaceX's first DOD flight is underway. Since they weren't allowed to
cover the 2nd stage, the long range camera followed the first stage all
the way from launch to a successful landing at their landing zone at
Cape Canaveral. Those "ass-backwards" burns are quite impressive to
see! If you didn't watch the thing live like I did, you really should
watch the replay video.

What's the web site address for the show?

Old May 3rd 17, 02:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article m,
says...

On Mon, 1 May 2017, Jeff Findley wrote:

SpaceX's first DOD flight is underway. Since they weren't allowed to
cover the 2nd stage, the long range camera followed the first stage all
the way from launch to a successful landing at their landing zone at
Cape Canaveral. Those "ass-backwards" burns are quite impressive to
see! If you didn't watch the thing live like I did, you really should
watch the replay video.

What's the web site address for the show?

Article:
http://www.spaceflightinsider.com/or...e-exploration-
technologies/spacex-ventures-into-the-black-with-classified-nrol-76-
mission/

YouTube (video queued up to show the cool bits):
https://youtu.be/EzQpkQ1etdA?t=708

Jeff
Old May 4th 17, 12:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article m,
says...

On Tue, 2 May 2017, Jeff Findley wrote:
says...
On Mon, 1 May 2017, Jeff Findley wrote:

SpaceX's first DOD flight is underway. Since they weren't allowed to
cover the 2nd stage, the long range camera followed the first stage all
the way from launch to a successful landing at their landing zone at
Cape Canaveral. Those "ass-backwards" burns are quite impressive to
see! If you didn't watch the thing live like I did, you really should
watch the replay video.

Article:
http://www.spaceflightinsider.com/or...e-exploration-
technologies/spacex-ventures-into-the-black-with-classified-nrol-76-
mission/

Thanks. It was so fastenating, I passed it on to numberous others.

I just saw a stabilized animated GIF of the single engine landing burn
on Twitter. Very cool. Makes it clear where all of the soot comes from
on the stage. ;-)

Jeff
Old May 9th 17, 03:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Very impressive first stage return videos...

Old May 10th 17, 02:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Allen Meece

Those "ass-backwards" burns are quite impressive to
see!

Nasa couldn't do that thirty years ago when everyone knew that flyback boosters were the way for cheap access to space. they intstituted a flying bus that nobody could afford to use but the gov't.
Thanks Nasa for keeping us out of space soooo long. You misanthropic bunch of eggheads. Now they're pretending to be working on a Mars mission. harrrdehar har. Another roadblock, or spaceblock, slides into place. Musk could get us to mars within a decade but nasa steps up to the plate with its rubber bat again.
phoooey, no more nasa PR please.