Wonder what the LM lower stages condition is ??

Old February 23rd 13, 02:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Wonder what the LM lower stages condition is ??

On Feb 22, 7:09*pm, " wrote:
On Monday, November 12, 2012 3:17:29 PM UTC-8, OM wrote:
On Monday, October 1, 2012 4:12:06 PM UTC-5, Bbo Hallr babbled: ..Egads.. If you and Guthball are still here, polluting ss* with your inane and insane quiffs, can "jonathan", ~CT and "scott grissom" be far behind? Or did they finally join John Maxson in Hell? take snoopy, how much info is there on long term exposure to deep space? ...Jesus H. Christ on my fake leg. Bbo, LDEF data on Snoopy is mox nix, you dip****. Both parts of LM-4 fell from a minimum of 50,000' and crashed into the lunar surface. There's not enough of it intact to gather any usable data.

Um, OM: "mox nix"?? Vat dis?

The ascent stage of 'Snoopy' (Apollo 10's LM, for those who don't know) is listed as 'Heliocentric Orbit' on the listing for 1969. Why the difference between the ascent and descent stages, I don't know- was the descent stage cut to go into orbit? What impact would the firing of the ascent engine have upon the descent stage while in orbit? It does seem that I heard at the time that after separation from the CSM, the ascent stage was remotely fired until it ran out of fuel.

yes the ascent stage is in heliospheric, location unknown. I wonder
how its doing after all these years. would batteries have exploded? it
was very light construction, have parts eroded away?

the descent stage has crashed somewhere on the moon. the mascons keep
lunar orbit clean......
Old February 23rd 13, 04:50 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

wrote in message

[...]

The LM was I believe in a lunar orbit that "intercepted" the surface. So
when the ascent stage was fired, the descent stage continued on its
ballistic course to the surface.

Old February 23rd 13, 09:39 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

The recent photos of the landing sites seem to show no damage at least at the resolution that they are in (other than flags falling over).

Side issue he
Could the craters from the various impacts be resolved by current orbiters and distinguished from natural craters? I assume that craters from the ascent stages from Apollo 12, 14, 15, and 17 could be determined by the general area that they are located, but could we say that THIS recent crater was caused by Apollo 11 rather than A16? What about the S4B stages? I would assume that their craters would be much larger, so more easier seen. What about the 1972 (natural?) impact event?
Old February 28th 13, 12:27 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

On Feb 23, 3:39*pm, " wrote:
The recent photos of the landing sites seem to show no damage at least at the resolution that they are in (other than flags falling over).

Side issue he
Could the craters from the various impacts be resolved by current orbiters and distinguished from natural craters? I assume that craters from the ascent stages from Apollo 12, 14, 15, and 17 could be determined by the general area that they are located, but could we say that THIS recent crater was caused by Apollo 11 rather than A16? What about the S4B stages? I would assume that their craters would be much larger, so more easier seen. What about the 1972 (natural?) impact event?

too bad 11s upper LM couldnt of been put in heliospheric.

Imagine in this display is the manned portion of apollo 11 LM the
first manned vehicle to land on the moon, the lower stage is still at
the landing site although theres evidence that despite it being
declared a national monument people have been stealing and selling
parts of the lower stage and debris left behind.....

over here we have mars one the first manned expedition to mars... the
ascent stage along with some artifacts.

Over here is snoopy, and viking one retrieved from the mars
surface.....