The VASIMR garbage scow

Old November 19th 09, 10:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default The VASIMR garbage scow

Franklin Chang Diaz wants to pick up space trash:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/c...asimr-ad-astra

Pat
Old November 20th 09, 01:11 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Pat Flannery wrote:
Franklin Chang Diaz wants to pick up space trash:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/c...asimr-ad-astra

And if he has his druthers, in this lifetime humans will start
using his company?s revolutionary rocket to scoot around the
galaxy.

Galaxy?!? Did *he* really say that or did the hack botch it?

rick jones
There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision. - Joubert
Old November 20th 09, 04:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Rick Jones wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:
Franklin Chang Diaz wants to pick up space trash:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/c...asimr-ad-astra

And if he has his druthers, in this lifetime humans will start
using his company?s revolutionary rocket to scoot around the
galaxy.

Galaxy?!? Did *he* really say that or did the hack botch it?

Well, I guess if you pushed it far enough, even going to the Moon takes
you to a _slightly_ different part of the galaxy. :-D

Pat
Old November 21st 09, 03:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

Franklin Chang Diaz wants to pick up space trash:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/c...asimr-ad-astra

Pat

"Don't you think you should re-word that a bit laddie?"

"You're right. I didn't mean to say that VASIMR should be hauling
garbage. I *meant* to say the VASIMR should be hauled away *as*
garbage! HAR HAR HAR HAR..."

;-)

Dave
Old November 21st 09, 07:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:
Pat Flannery writes:

Franklin Chang Diaz wants to pick up space trash:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/c...asimr-ad-astra

Pat

"Don't you think you should re-word that a bit laddie?"

"You're right. I didn't mean to say that VASIMR should be hauling
garbage. I *meant* to say the VASIMR should be hauled away *as*
garbage! HAR HAR HAR HAR..."

I was thinking of "Space Trash" as Venusian Firewomen.

Pat
Old November 22nd 09, 03:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:
David Spain wrote:
Pat Flannery writes:

Franklin Chang Diaz wants to pick up space trash:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/c...asimr-ad-astra

Pat

"Don't you think you should re-word that a bit laddie?"

"You're right. I didn't mean to say that VASIMR should be hauling
garbage. I *meant* to say the VASIMR should be hauled away *as*
garbage! HAR HAR HAR HAR..."

I was thinking of "Space Trash" as Venusian Firewomen.

Pat

In that case you'll want to mention the ability of VASIMR to provide
the propulsion for space RV/Campers to facilitate transportation of
a valued resource between crew rest stations...

;-)

Dave

Does anyone know the current progress with VASIMR? Einar Policy 19 January 24th 08 05:59 PM
VASIMR Christopher Policy 6 March 6th 06 06:07 PM
Vasimr to Pluto? John Schutkeker Astronomy Misc 0 January 16th 06 04:13 PM
LANTR Bimodal + VASIMR = ? Dez Akin Technology 1 May 5th 04 09:19 PM
Efficiency of VASIMR and ion thrusters. Roger Stokes Technology 5 August 2nd 03 07:15 PM