The War We Refuse To Win

Old May 12th 04, 03:19 AM
Rand Simberg

Default The War We Refuse To Win

On Wed, 12 May 2004 01:58:12 GMT, in a place far, far away, Scott
Lowther made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

This is not World War III,

Yes, it is. You just don't realize it yet.

Actually, it's WW IV. WW III was the Cold War (which fortunately
didn't turn out as badly as many predicted).
Old May 12th 04, 03:24 AM
Scott Lowther

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2004 01:58:12 GMT, in a place far, far away, Scott
Lowther made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

This is not World War III,

Yes, it is. You just don't realize it yet.

Actually, it's WW IV. WW III was the Cold War (which fortunately
didn't turn out as badly as many predicted).

I suppose that could be argued. Of course, the same schmucks who want to
deny the existence of "WWIV" are the same ones who wanted us to lose
"WWIII"...

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam

Old May 12th 04, 10:31 AM
Ool

"Scott Lowther" wrote in message om...

My tax dollars bought weapons of mass destruction. I say it's
goddamned time we bring them out, and teach our enemies what REAL
terror is.

A troll like that just deserves a reply, because it's bugging me too.

So are you suggesting even more abuse in response to ever more terror

Wow! The nation that's made it to the Moon once has come a long way,
going out of its way today to pursue much nobler pursuits, such as
merciless retaliating and smiting the un-American...!

I wouldn't mind the thoughts of vengeance as much if you could also
succeed at something peaceful that takes brains. But, quite frankly,
I don't see it happening any more. You've turned into dumb, bullying
jocks.

So, good luck with the avenging and the war-winning! I suppose you'll
turn your attention back to space once the Chinese get a bit too far.
Or maybe you'll be too busy bombing *them* by then for taking all that
Middle Eastern oil that is yours by right because you fought for it.
(Your domestic juice *is* running out fast.)

Interesting times seem to be ahead...

--
__ "A good leader knows when it's best to ignore the __
('__` screams for help and focus on the bigger picture." '__`)

Old May 12th 04, 03:32 PM
Scott Lowther

Mike Rhino wrote:

I think that Rumsfeld is not the most guilty person. His resignation by
itself won't solve the problem.

Rumsfeld rwesigning woudl send precisely the wrong message... that we
are a bunch of pantywaists who are friggen' weak. That would only be a
boost to Al Queda.

Old May 12th 04, 03:36 PM
Scott Lowther

Ool wrote:

I wouldn't mind the thoughts of vengeance as much if you could also
succeed at something peaceful that takes brains. But, quite frankly,
I don't see it happening any more. You've turned into dumb, bullying
jocks.

This from the land that gave the world Stormtroopers?

Your whining might be taken seriously if it wasn't merciless day and
night bombardment coupled with total land warfare that brought your
nation to it's knees and ended your reign of terror.

It wasn't negotiation that stopped the fascists. it won't be negotiation
that stops the Islamists.

Old May 12th 04, 06:16 PM
Hop David

Scott Lowther wrote:
Ool wrote:

I wouldn't mind the thoughts of vengeance as much if you could also
succeed at something peaceful that takes brains. But, quite frankly,
I don't see it happening any more. You've turned into dumb, bullying
jocks.

This from the land that gave the world Stormtroopers?

I see. All Germans should be condemned because of Nazi germany. All
Muslims should be condemned because of Berg's beheading.

Scott, whatever your ancestry, I very much doubt your ethnic group is
free of sin. But your hypocrisy makes it easy to cast stones at Germans
or Muslims.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old May 12th 04, 08:08 PM
Eric Chomko

Ool ) wrote:
: "Scott Lowther" wrote in message om...

: My tax dollars bought weapons of mass destruction. I say it's
: goddamned time we bring them out, and teach our enemies what REAL
: terror is.

: A troll like that just deserves a reply, because it's bugging me too.

: So are you suggesting even more abuse in response to ever more terror

No, he's talking about dropping the big one!

: Wow! The nation that's made it to the Moon once has come a long way,
: going out of its way today to pursue much nobler pursuits, such as
: merciless retaliating and smiting the un-American...!

Suppose that is true, what should we do about this case? Try and
negociate, pray more, nothing?

: I wouldn't mind the thoughts of vengeance as much if you could also
: succeed at something peaceful that takes brains. But, quite frankly,
: I don't see it happening any more. You've turned into dumb, bullying
: jocks.

We have always been dumb bullying jocks. Not all but many.

: So, good luck with the avenging and the war-winning! I suppose you'll
: turn your attention back to space once the Chinese get a bit too far.

Maybe.

: Or maybe you'll be too busy bombing *them* by then for taking all that
: Middle Eastern oil that is yours by right because you fought for it.
: (Your domestic juice *is* running out fast.)

: Interesting times seem to be ahead...

I wonder if he has the actual balls to nuke Mecca?

Eric

: --

Old May 12th 04, 08:12 PM
Eric Chomko

Scott Lowther ) wrote:
: Ool wrote:

: I wouldn't mind the thoughts of vengeance as much if you could also
: succeed at something peaceful that takes brains. But, quite frankly,
: I don't see it happening any more. You've turned into dumb, bullying
: jocks.

: This from the land that gave the world Stormtroopers?

: Your whining might be taken seriously if it wasn't merciless day and
: night bombardment coupled with total land warfare that brought your
: nation to it's knees and ended your reign of terror.

That was then, and now they have a far better public school system and a
far better public transportation system than do we. Save your reactionary
jingosim for someone else. I still wonder if you actually have the balls
to nuke Mecca?

: It wasn't negotiation that stopped the fascists. it won't be negotiation
: that stops the Islamists.

Maybe we should find Sadr and rather than assassinate him like his father
we should humiliate him instead? What do you think?

Eric

: --
Old May 12th 04, 08:14 PM
Eric Chomko

Hop David ) wrote:

: Scott Lowther wrote:
: Ool wrote:
:
:
: I wouldn't mind the thoughts of vengeance as much if you could also
: succeed at something peaceful that takes brains. But, quite frankly,
: I don't see it happening any more. You've turned into dumb, bullying
: jocks.
:
:
: This from the land that gave the world Stormtroopers?

: I see. All Germans should be condemned because of Nazi germany. All
: Muslims should be condemned because of Berg's beheading.

Yes, THAT is EXACTLY how Lowther (with an emphasis on "Low") thinks.

: Scott, whatever your ancestry, I very much doubt your ethnic group is
: free of sin. But your hypocrisy makes it easy to cast stones at Germans
: or Muslims.

Man, I wished I had posted that. Well said!

Eric

: --