Comet C/2006 P1 McNaught photos

Old January 8th 07, 01:28 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Default Comet C/2006 P1 McNaught photos

Finally caught a break in the UK weather and managed to grab C/2006 P1
(McNaught) in the dawn twilight from Selsey East Beach. Very bright
comet, incredibly easy to see in very bright twilight skies. Really
worth putting in the effort to find if you get lucky with the weather.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...-McNaught.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old January 8th 07, 01:34 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Jim[_1_]

In article , Pete Lawrence wrote:
Finally caught a break in the UK weather and managed to grab C/2006 P1
(McNaught) in the dawn twilight from Selsey East Beach. Very bright
comet, incredibly easy to see in very bright twilight skies. Really
worth putting in the effort to find if you get lucky with the weather.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...-McNaught.html

Those are some lovely pictures there Pete - thanks.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
Please help to bring two classic works of whisky literature back into print
Old January 8th 07, 02:05 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Dave Mitsky

Pete Lawrence wrote:
Finally caught a break in the UK weather and managed to grab C/2006 P1
(McNaught) in the dawn twilight from Selsey East Beach.

Snip

Thanks for the up-to-date images of Comet McNaught P1. I haven't been
able to see it yet but there may be a chance this evening.

Dave Mitsky

Old January 8th 07, 05:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Andy G

Superb as always Pete.

How long will it be visible for in the Southern Hemisphere ?

You can bet your bottom dollar that when I get to Australia and Hawaii in
Mid Feb/March it will have gone!

Thanks gain

Andy
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.

news

Old January 8th 07, 05:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Superb as always Pete.

How long will it be visible for in the Southern Hemisphere ?

You can bet your bottom dollar that when I get to Australia and Hawaii in
Mid Feb/March it will have gone!

Thanks gain

Looking at it from Sydney, unless I'm mistaken, it's ok but not
superbly placed and is predicted to fade pretty rapidly past the end
of January.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old January 8th 07, 06:24 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Eugene Griessel

Pete Lawrence wrote:

Superb as always Pete.

How long will it be visible for in the Southern Hemisphere ?

You can bet your bottom dollar that when I get to Australia and Hawaii in
Mid Feb/March it will have gone!

Thanks gain

Looking at it from Sydney, unless I'm mistaken, it's ok but not
superbly placed and is predicted to fade pretty rapidly past the end
of January.

Am I right in thinking it's an early evening/late afternoon object in
the Southern hemisphere right now - or did I screw up the
calculations? Unfortunately there have been low-lying clouds on the
horizon for the last couple of days so I haven't seen anything that
resembles it.

Eugene L Griessel

It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Old January 8th 07, 08:04 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Andy G

Thanks for the info.

That's a shame if I don't see it, but guess I will have to console myself
with the other Southern Hemisphere wonders and the Hawaiian mountain top
skies.

Thanks for your time & help Pete

All the best

Andy
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.

PS Will you be down at Astrofest with Patrick Et Al?

Old January 8th 07, 08:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:04:57 GMT, "Andy G"
wrote:

Thanks for the info.

That's a shame if I don't see it, but guess I will have to console myself
with the other Southern Hemisphere wonders and the Hawaiian mountain top
skies.

Thanks for your time & help Pete

All the best

Andy
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.

PS Will you be down at Astrofest with Patrick Et Al?

It's unlikely I'll be able to find the time to be honest Andy.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old January 9th 07, 03:42 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Curtis Croulet[_1_]

I haven't been able to see this from southern California in the evening. I
haven't had a chance to try the morning. I think we're too far south for
it. All of the photos I've seen have been from places around 50 deg N and
even more northerly.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old January 9th 07, 03:54 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Starlord

I tryed tonight, but the hills that the old I-5 cuts down threw are in the
way of seening anything close above the ocean.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info