Astronaut Gordon Cooper Dies

Old October 5th 04, 05:22 AM
Double-A

Default Astronaut Gordon Cooper Dies

Astronaut Gordon Cooper died today at 77. He was one of the original
Mercury 7 astronauts. He was the second American to orbit the Earth,
and set an endurance record for time in space that paved the way for
man's journeys to the Moon.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...it-cooper.html

He was truly a man who had the "right stuff"!

Double-A
Old October 5th 04, 05:32 AM
Brilliant One

He was truly a man who had the "right stuff"!

Double-A

Ruff?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old October 5th 04, 10:47 AM
Painius

Gordo's gone.

Damn!

Old October 5th 04, 11:07 AM
PolarTemp

Gordo's gone.

Damn!

Where's Alfred?

_______

Old October 6th 04, 12:26 AM
Don

It's a sad day.
Gordo was a man of high integrity ...that's why he had a big effect on me
when I heard him talk about seeing a "flying saucer" and taking videos of it
a few years ago. I've never been a UFO buff but that really made me stop
and think.
--
Don

m...