Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida

Old June 8th 05, 02:01 AM
Rusty

Default Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida

Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida.

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...35/1007/NEWS02

Rusty

Old June 8th 05, 02:43 AM
snidely

Rusty wrote:
Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida.

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...35/1007/NEWS02

English as she is spoke:

"Before the victims were transported, the driver of the van...and her
young passenger... lied strapped to backboards near their vehicle."

Or is that a comment on the victims' excuses/?

But the good news:

"Foundation members can't recall any similar accident involving the
rocket.

'We are very concerned about the well-being of all the individuals
involved in the accident,' said Angie Sharkey, Save the Rocket
chairwoman."

/dps

Old June 8th 05, 03:55 AM
Scott Hedrick

I have pictures of this rocket, taken long ago.

How about *this* headline:

"Man with stained chain saw let in to U.S. "

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...LATE=DE FAULT

Old June 8th 05, 04:04 AM
Neil Gerace

"Rusty" wrote in message
ps.com...
Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida.

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...35/1007/NEWS02

Man Bites Dog! Missiles are supposed to hit cars, not the other way around.

Old June 8th 05, 04:07 AM
Neil Gerace

"snidely" wrote in message
oups.com...

Or is that a comment on the victims' excuses/?

I bet the perp's nickname is going to be something like Rocket Chamber from
now on.

Old June 8th 05, 04:47 AM
OM

On 7 Jun 2005 18:01:23 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida.

"Hey, man...that rocket didn't give a turn signal when it changed
lanes!"

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 8th 05, 03:34 PM
Pat Flannery

Rusty wrote:

Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida.

How come we never got something like that for our High School? It would
be fun to know if that warhead is a training job or a deactivated
one...one hopes it is a training job.

Pat
Old June 8th 05, 05:28 PM
Ed Kyle

Pat Flannery wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida.

How come we never got something like that for our High School? It would
be fun to know if that warhead is a training job or a deactivated
one...one hopes it is a training job.

If I remember correctly, Titusville High School sports
teams were called "Titans" for many years. Now they
are called "Terriers". Perhaps the homage to a
military weapon fell out of favor during the PC age.
But TERRIERS?

There are still several space-related high school
names in Brevard County. Astronaut High School
(the War Eagles) is on the north side of Titusville.
Futher south are the Space Coast Vipers, the Cocoa
Beach Minutemen (mascot is revolutionary militia man
rather than a missile), and the Satellite Scorpions.
Brevard Community College retains the Titan nickname
as far as I know.

- Ed Kyle

Old June 8th 05, 08:11 PM
Derek Lyons

Pat Flannery wrote:

Rusty wrote:

Titan I rocket involved in car wreck in Titusville, Florida.

How come we never got something like that for our High School? It would
be fun to know if that warhead is a training job or a deactivated
one...one hopes it is a training job.

Once the 'guts' are removed, a training warhead (which only ever
contained fake 'guts' anyhow) and a deactivated warhead are
indistinguishable except by comparing serial and/or drawing numbers.
AFAIK the USAF sphere-cone-cylinder-flare warheads had TPS seperate
from the bomb. (Unlike A1/A2 sphere-cone-cylinder-flare which used
uranium as a heat sink in way of the cylidrical portion.)

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old June 8th 05, 08:15 PM
Derek Lyons

"Ed Kyle" wrote:

If I remember correctly, Titusville High School sports
teams were called "Titans" for many years. Now they
are called "Terriers". Perhaps the homage to a
military weapon fell out of favor during the PC age.
But TERRIERS?

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-2.html

D.