Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old March 24th 15, 09:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 1:35:18 AM UTC-7, hanson wrote:
"Double-A" wrote:
I checked out Dick's Sporting Goods.
I can buy a gun there!

hanson wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHA... ya, yah... You can do then
like Harlow Campbell, and like him go onto your
backwood roads and shoot up street signs.

He's goona love & respect you for doing like he does...
because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Then you guys can start a business doing that,
and sell Franchises. Cretin Glazier will be your
"M&M", the "Money-Manager"

ahahahaha....

Dick's sells only rifles for what I could tell. But I noticed the huge Gresham Fred Meyer store has a gun section also. They have hand guns as well as rifles. Now that I have an apartment, I will need something to defend the gold I well be storing there! Out here in the west, it's always good to be prepared for anything.

Double-A

Old March 26th 15, 08:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 11:58:55 PM UTC-7, hanson wrote:
WOW!... This is a real tear-jerker, worthy of publication.

"Double-A" wrote:
Glazier G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Double-A wrote:
Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there.
At first I felt a little lost, but then A helicopter brought Iranian
students demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.
That's were I used to sit with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.
The day is here, The time has come. But why is she not here today.
You would think that the administrators of a college of all people
would have some respect for history.
Oh time passages . Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight.
-- Double-A

hanson wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9PSkNkUfs
Yeah, _"Memories are made of these"_. And they must have
given Hebe Herbie the idea for the chance that he is badly
yearning "for Glazier to be remembered as a kind man":

Cretin Glazier wrote:
AA You can have my Van for free when I shove off for Hawaii.
You fit,and its all in your id. TreBert

Double-A wrote:
Bert, your van could be a very useful vehicle.
Perhaps you could pay somebody to drive it up here!

hanson wrote:
Sheesh, dude, don't look a gift-horse in the mouth!
Put a flier up in the library offering for some
student/s to get a cheap trip back home from LA.

Double-A wrote:
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2015/03/exploding_target_materials_bla.html
The explosion up near Mt. Hood has been ruled a suicide.
Guess he just wanted to go out with a bang.

hanson wrote:
Dude, Hebe Herbie doesn't care about that.

Glazier wrote:
the *** 4th of July 2015 is the day I leave ***
in my boat named "Wake" under a banner that says:

.__ "WAKE" is short for "Watch A Kike's Exit" __."

"Sweet dreams are of this": Memories of happy old days, and free vans coming up the highway!

"Who am I to disagree?"

A nice day here in Gresham town. Sunny and calm. Temp 61F as of 1:30 PM. May get up to 71F before the day is over!

Lunch with Kim yesterday in a Mexican restaurant. Those Mexican pizzas aren't bad. And I could wash it down with Budweiser!

Double-A
Old March 27th 15, 07:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Double-A wrote:
"Sweet dreams are of this": Memories of happy old days,
and free vans coming up the highway!
"Who am I to disagree?"
Lunch with Kim yesterday in a Mexican restaurant.
Those Mexican pizzas aren't bad.
And I could wash it down with Budweiser!

hanson wrote:
NOT Budweiser!... "Dos Equis XX" is the ticket.
Tell Glazier that you are the Dosecki man who is
** "The Most Interesting Man in the World" ** and
Glazier himself will drive the van to you, right NOW!.
Glazier is obsessed with getting fame by association.
Take advantage of that. "Stay thirsty, my friend"

BTW,
Did you catch the start of Glazier's back-stroke
and disengagement from his trip to Hawaii
which he is loud mouthing and lying about for
months now?
Glazier's "last act" will be a LIE, not a trip!

This Mexican restaurant caters to Americans. The food is not red hot, and my favorite American beer, Budweiser, is available. On my birthday though I had a double margarita there. It was so strong it made Kim wonder if I was OK to leave! I said, "Hey, I'm not driving!"

Another beautiful day here. Sunny, calm, and 62F as of 12 noon, headed for 67F later.

Kim used to live in Hawaii. I think that's where she used to own a restaurant. My wife was there a short time. But I have never been to Hawaii.

Double-A

Old March 28th 15, 02:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA its Summer here in LA. Pacific very calm and surfing waves are low.Sunday I will have my Meade out and Huntington Beach has light polution,butno smog TreBert
Old March 28th 15, 08:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 7:15:49 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA its Summer here in LA. Pacific very calm and surfing waves are low.Sunday I will have my Meade out and Huntington Beach has light polution,butno smog TreBert

Yes, summer in the city!

Nice here too, sunshine through puffy clouds. 56F as of 1:00 PM and a slight breeze from SW. Will be 60F later.

Last night as I was walking back to my apartment, a guy came from the parking lot calling me by name. I thought it must be one of the guys who work for landlord, because who else would know my name in this neighborhood? But then he introduced himself as Dale, the younger brother of my old good friend from high school, Dennis. So I gave him my number. Dennis called me today just as I got to the library. Amazingly, Dale likes to drink beer at the tavern right next to my apartments, and recognized me waking by! Hope to get together with Dennis next Monday and have a few brews for old times sake. I just can't keep anonymous back here in the old neighborhood.

Double-A

Old March 28th 15, 08:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Making friends gets harder when you get older.My van makes friends for me.Not very close friends but beer drinking,and pool shooting friends. I give all my email address.Woman give me a hug.and want to help me,or pray for me.That has to tell me something. I must look like "Death Warmed Over" No clouds Bright Sun.Will wash van today if I don';t have a long wait.More water used in LA than any place on this planet. Just turn the valve and out it comes.No limit. Well its HOLLYWOOD. TreBert
Old March 28th 15, 09:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 1:35:32 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Yeah Bert, isn't it a drag when you get to an age when you know women are being nice to you just because they think of you as a grandfather?

Double-A

Old March 29th 15, 07:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A sunny Sunday morning here in Gresham. 58F as of 11:30 AM, headed for 66F.. Calm and dry.

There are no parking meters here in Gresham. Also the have many free municipal parking lots. This in contrast to Portland where all parking lots are paid, and they are all run by a couple of evil parking monopoly companies sanctioned by the city. Out here in Gresham the air is free, and so is the parking. And the water tastes better!

Double-A

Old March 31st 15, 12:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny skies again here in paradise. Calm and 65F as of 4:00 PM here in Gresham.

Met with my old friend Dennis today in the local put. It was his brother I ran into on the street the other day. He bought me lunch. Talked about old times and compared notes. He and his brother could solve my transportation needs for the stuff I have in storage, and furniture I need to move in. He offered me some furniture too. He was curious about what I knew about my aged apartment landlord, and speculated about whether he might be ready to sell. He knows some guy who might be interested in buying it and might even cut me in on a share of owning it! It's big talk, but when you're on a roll, you're on a roll!

Double-A

Old March 31st 15, 11:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A rainy day with talk of hail and lightning. Currently 48F in Gresham as of 3:15 PM. Won't get much warmer today. New snow on Mt. Hood for spring skiing.

Yesterday my friend Dennis passed along my phone number to fellow classmate Janet, who was trying very hard to get a hold of me for the last class reunion. My past reunion encounters with her were sweet ones.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM