ASTRO: Up and running again Lagoon new shot

Old August 12th 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

Default ASTRO: Up and running again Lagoon new shot

Hey all,
After a busy summer back again..
Sinds a long time a clear night yesterday with plenty of darkness again.
Saw all of your pictures here and i must say you all did a fine job,
amazing.
This level is not within my reach, but i will sure try.

I took the lagoon again,
AT1010 (stellarvue) at prime focus with my home build camera.
10 x 120 sec with a h-alpha filter.
Cooled the camera to -10 degr.
It all piggybacked on the 10".

Hope you like it.
reg
--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lagoon_2.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1099
Old August 12th 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

DvandenH wrote:
Hey all,
After a busy summer back again..
Sinds a long time a clear night yesterday with plenty of darkness again.
Saw all of your pictures here and i must say you all did a fine job,
amazing.
This level is not within my reach, but i will sure try.

I took the lagoon again,
AT1010 (stellarvue) at prime focus with my home build camera.
10 x 120 sec with a h-alpha filter.
Cooled the camera to -10 degr.
It all piggybacked on the 10".

Hope you like it.
reg

That came out very well for such a short exposure. I need a good 90
minutes to get much with H-alpha. I see very little in 2 minute shots
no matter how many I stack. The fast f ratio of that 3" scope must help
a lot as the detail in the fainter areas is quite good.

I've had lousy weather here, darker skies thanks to being a few degrees
south of you but usually they were dark because of clouds -- little
rain, just clouds.

Hope the weather there improves for you now that some night is returning.

Rick

Old August 12th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

Thanks Rick!
Yep i am still proud to own the AT1010 it's a wunderfull scope escpecially
for the nebula stuff.
You did some fine images lately Rick, keep them coming.

Reg
Dirk

Old August 13th 07, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Dirk, very nice shot for such a low object. I will probably wait for some
astro holidays in the south before I try this.

Stefan

bel.net...