Maestro program for operating Spirit and Opportunity

Old January 23rd 04, 09:46 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

Greg Crinklaw wrote: [opinions on how I
should express myself]

Fair enough?

No, it isn't. I express my self in my way. How you choose to react to
it is your responsibility, not mine.

Once again you take what I say out of context so you can make an
argument out of it (all I really said was to leave me alone). And once
again you go on record refusing my olive branch. It's like doing so
would somehow be beneath you. You are unfailingly ungracious with me --
another thing I very much dislike about conversing with you, because
every time I try to be gracious you shoot it down with an ungracious
response.

Old January 23rd 04, 09:49 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

Greg Crinklaw wrote:
[...]

Given our past history I do not understand why would make an attack
like this.

Clue: I did not attack you. I disagreed with your opinion. There is a
distinction, whether or not you choose to acknowledge it.

The "attack" is in the unfirendly, disrespectful way you choose to
disagree. I have no problem at all with being disagreed with.

Old January 23rd 04, 10:08 PM
Martin

"Greg Crinklaw" wrote in message
Stephen Tonkin wrote:

Greg Crinklaw wrote:
[...]

Given our past history I do not understand why would make an attack
like this.

Clue: I did not attack you. I disagreed with your opinion. There is a
distinction, whether or not you choose to acknowledge it.

The "attack" is in the unfirendly, disrespectful way you choose to
disagree. I have no problem at all with being disagreed with.

Er, so what did we agree guys? Do we think the software is pants or what?!!!
I'm one of those who thinks if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Martin

Old January 23rd 04, 10:43 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Martin wrote:
Er, so what did we agree guys? Do we think the software is pants or what?!!!
I'm one of those who thinks if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Works fine for me. I think complaining about software that was released
out of the pure joy of sharing what someone was doing with the rest of
us is sort of unseemly...

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

Old January 24th 04, 05:51 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Greg Crinklaw wrote:
[...]
(all I really said was to leave me alone).

ROTFLMAO!

Oh well -- I guess I've blown my chances in the quiz now.... :-)

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old January 24th 04, 12:12 PM
Martin

Martin wrote:
Er, so what did we agree guys? Do we think the software is pants or

what?!!!
I'm one of those who thinks if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Works fine for me. I think complaining about software that was released
out of the pure joy of sharing what someone was doing with the rest of
us is sort of unseemly...

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer
Cloudcroft, New Mexico, USA (33N, 106W, 2700m)

I tend to agree there Greg!

Martin

Old January 24th 04, 07:36 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

Greg Crinklaw wrote:
[...]

(all I really said was to leave me alone).

ROTFLMAO!

Glad you have a sense of humor. If you read any more than that into
what I said, rest assured nothing more was meant. I was simply trying
to explain why I feel we shouldn't argue.

Oh well -- I guess I've blown my chances in the quiz now.... :-)

Not at all. I am flattered that you entered. And I just noticed your
posting of a link to the contest on my web site. I appreciate that very
much; it was very gracious of you to do so. Thank you.

Look, we have a severe personality conflict here. It's not necessarily
anyone's fault. I wish you no ill will. I do think, however, that if
we enter into an argument it will end very badly, as it has in the past,
and I wish to avoid that.

Clear skies,
Greg