Is Inside this Crater the best "Opportunity" for Finding Water Hmmm

Old January 25th 04, 03:29 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Is Inside this Crater the best "Opportunity" for Finding Water Hmmm

I have a gut feeling this rover will do a better job with its
communications. Not sure I like a landing site if you are looking for
water having no rocks. In my minds eye I see the Sahara desert having no
surface rocks,and no surface water(never been there,nor to Mars) If we
are going to test sand the 1976 Viking lander shows plenty of sand,and
dust. It has lots of small and large rocks as well. I would like to
look under those rocks for bacterial life. The rock could protect these
one cell animals from the very harmful ultra-violet rays from the sun.
We know Earth's bacteria is very hardy,and finds ways to survive. Bert
PS When I lived by the ocean in Revere Beach Ma. I liked turning over
the rccks close to the shore line. You would find lots of small types of
life there.