Measuring gravity during an eclipse

Old January 24th 04, 02:37 PM
David F. Cox

Default Measuring gravity during an eclipse

My theory would predict that gravity, as measured by a spring, at the earths
surface, would reduce during an eclipse.

I have done a web search which indicates that there is a change measured,
but not whether it is greater or less. More measurements were planned for
the eclipse on Aug 11th.

Can anybody her point me to a web source for the results?

David F. Cox

===========

I am a lay person with a curious mind (pun intended).

I tried to do an intellectual experiment on how a universe could come into
being through some form of continuous creation, and tried to explain away
the red shift by other means "Tired light" etc.. I conceived my "Tiny pop"
theory. However this failed to produce a universe created by unrelated tiny
pop incidents, because each such incident would start a chain reaction,
building an expanding universe consisting of growing clumps of matter
arranged in a drunkards walk fashion.

I wanted to go through the process of testing it against red shift data, but
that task was beyond me all of those years ago.

My interest got reawakened by a tr*ll cross-posting to a recreational
songwriting group and me visiting here.

Browsing through the "creative thinking" posts here I realised that another
simple refutation of my theory would be if there was no gravity blocking
effect.

My theory has hosts of particles which mostly travel through matter without
effect, but rarely collide, transferring momentum. The effect is a cosmic
"Brownian" type motion. Mass has the effect of shielding from this effect,
so that mass is driven towards other mass. "Gravity".

Normally we measure the force of gravity at the earths surface as:

Universe + (Sun - universe blocked by sun) + (Moon - universe blocked by
moon) ,

During an eclipse we should experience :

Universe + Sun - Sun blocked by Moon + Moon - (Universe blocked by Sun +
moon)