Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old April 25th 15, 09:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 7:19:43 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 4/24/2015 3:24 PM, Double-A wrote:

Did you hear the news that to much vitamins might be bad for you? And just when I have finally started taking some vitamins again since I was in my 20's. My mother was a health fanatic, yet her life was short.

Eat a proper diet and no vitamin supplements are needed.

Typical Harlow everyday diet:

Breakfast- Oatmeal, coffee, banana

Lunch- Sandwich, water

Dinner- Chicken and veggie stir fry, water

Desert- Orange or apple.

Eat this diet and you will become a sexual tyrannosaurus like me.

What? No oysters?

Double-A

Old April 25th 15, 09:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 11:14:38 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting.. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Aa In Sat.paper HP laptop for $175 WOW They are coming way down,and no need to buy a signal. I love my Samsung,and its only a notebook .Its batteries last a long time between charges. Cool and no sun for 5 days.I miss the beach on weekends. TreBert

Salt seems to be the most important thing for me to watch. When I keep that down, the swelling in my legs keeps decreasing, and I keep losing weight. I ate way too much salt most of my life.

I'll have to pick up a laptop computer one of these days.

Here in Gresham, 58F and not much hope of it getting any warmer. Partly cloudy, partly sunny, and an occasional gust of cold wind. So far it's dryer than yesterday. Expected to be up to 80F in a couple of days!

A 7.8 earthquake has hit Nepal, killing over 1,200! Plate tectonics in action, I guess.

Double-A

Old April 26th 15, 12:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 4/25/2015 4:44 PM, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 7:19:43 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 4/24/2015 3:24 PM, Double-A wrote:

Did you hear the news that to much vitamins might be bad for you? And just when I have finally started taking some vitamins again since I was in my 20's. My mother was a health fanatic, yet her life was short.

Eat a proper diet and no vitamin supplements are needed.

Typical Harlow everyday diet:

Breakfast- Oatmeal, coffee, banana

Lunch- Sandwich, water

Dinner- Chicken and veggie stir fry, water

Desert- Orange or apple.

Eat this diet and you will become a sexual tyrannosaurus like me.

What? No oysters?

Only if I gather them myself.

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZcG5UOY224
Old April 26th 15, 07:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 1:53:42 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter.. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus.. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

Time passages
Oh time passages

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
Time passages
Time passages

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek.. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Aa In Sat.paper HP laptop for $175 WOW They are coming way down,and no need to buy a signal. I love my Samsung,and its only a notebook .Its batteries last a long time between charges. Cool and no sun for 5 days.I miss the beach on weekends. TreBert

Salt seems to be the most important thing for me to watch. When I keep that down, the swelling in my legs keeps decreasing, and I keep losing weight. I ate way too much salt most of my life.

Here in Gresham, 58F and not much hope of it getting any warmer. Partly cloudy, partly sunny, and an occasional gust of cold wind. So far it's dryer than yesterday. Expected to be up to 80F in a couple of days!

A 7.8 earthquake has hit Nepal, killing over 1,200! Plate tectonics in action, I guess.

Double-A

Overcast but dry and a cool 53F here in Gresham as of 11:15 AM. Calm. Expected high today 60F, tomorrow 81F!

Bert, I'm hearing about a lot of shootouts lately with cops in Walmart parking lots! Be careful!

Double-A

Old April 26th 15, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert
external usenet poster

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 11:20:55 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

Time passages
Oh time passages

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
Time passages
Time passages

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center.. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

"The day is here,
The time has come
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

Double-A

Double-A

Overcast but dry and a cool 53F here in Gresham as of 11:15 AM. Calm. Expected high today 60F, tomorrow 81F!

Bert, I'm hearing about a lot of shootouts lately with cops in Walmart parking lots! Be careful!

Double-A

AA This Anaheim plaza Walmart has its own police force.The Anaheim police are here most of the time checking out cars.I don't park in back anymore I park at the main door. I also been staying 3 times a week in motel next to my hospital.It only cost 63 bucks per day and that includes taxes. Its half empty.Run by a nice married couple. Things pick up in Anaheim when kids get out of school. Sunny and cool.Slept in the van and my nose was cold. I do not see much where I now sleep.I did see anther new car on top of that flat bed truck.Ford dealer stealing his own cars. That scam has been going on here for 35 years. I think they end up in Mexico. TreBert
Old April 27th 15, 08:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 2:05:18 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 11:20:55 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Time passages
Oh time passages

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
Time passages
Time passages

"The day is here,
The time has come
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

Double-A

Double-A

Double-A

AA This Anaheim plaza Walmart has its own police force.The Anaheim police are here most of the time checking out cars.

Just remember when the police want to check out your van, you don't have to defend it as your castle!

I don't park in back anymore I park at the main door. I also been staying 3 times a week in motel next to my hospital.It only cost 63 bucks per day and that includes taxes. Its half empty.Run by a nice married couple. Things pick up in Anaheim when kids get out of school. Sunny and cool.Slept in the van and my nose was cold. I do not see much where I now sleep.I did see anther new car on top of that flat bed truck.Ford dealer stealing his own cars. That scam has been going on here for 35 years. I think they end up in Mexico. TreBert

Spring has returned here for at least one day! Sunny with blue skies, and 68F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Expected high near 80!.

A Google executive has fallen victim to the Earthquake in Nepal.

"Dan Fredinburg, a 33-year-old Google executive who was climbing Everest to raise awareness about climate change through his Save the Ice campaign, also died in the avalanche."

He tried to save the ice, but couldn't even save himself! Well, more money and time for extreme sports increases the likelihood that extreme things will happen.

Double-A

Old April 27th 15, 10:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert
external usenet poster

Time passages
Oh time passages

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
Time passages
Time passages

"The day is here,
The time has come
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

Double-A

AA A young couple that went to Nepal to buy paintings are missing they are from So.Calif. Wrong place at the wrong time. Hot about 85 Windy,and a great day to sail. Just got another phone for M&M,and by May 20 will have 9 offices. Made a FrienD nice lady "Sandra" she is with the AnaHeim police dept. Drives me around and know everyone. Meeting with mayor Tait,and big time realitor guy named "Knox" They say "WE want M&M to go places.We will see. TreBert
Old April 28th 15, 12:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 2:33:05 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting.. Should be dry again in a couple day.

Time passages
Oh time passages

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
Time passages
Time passages

"The day is here,
The time has come
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

Double-A

AA A young couple that went to Nepal to buy paintings are missing they are from So.Calif. Wrong place at the wrong time. Hot about 85 Windy,and a great day to sail. Just got another phone for M&M,and by May 20 will have 9 offices. Made a FrienD nice lady "Sandra" she is with the AnaHeim police dept. Drives me around and know everyone. Meeting with mayor Tait,and big time realitor guy named "Knox" They say "WE want M&M to go places.We will see. TreBert

More power to you. Just be careful of getting in bed with mafia types.

Now 79F here in Gresham as of 4 PM. A bit breezy.

Double-A

Old April 28th 15, 05:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert
external usenet poster

Time passages
Oh time passages

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
Time passages
Time passages

"The day is here,
The time has come
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

Double-A

Its Summer Warm nights hot days for the next 6 months. Feeling better and much to do. Days are getting longer and longer and that is good.can't stay far from GOP Mafia they are everywhere. TreBert
Old April 28th 15, 08:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:07:22 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Its Summer Warm nights hot days for the next 6 months. Feeling better and much to do. Days are getting longer and longer and that is good.can't stay far from GOP Mafia they are everywhere. TreBert

The sun is warm, but lots of clouds here in Gresham. 64F as of 12:15 PM. Won't get much warmer today. Got to 80F yesterday, but more moderate temps are expect over the next week. As long as it stays dry!

Double-A