Houston, You Have a Problem

Old July 22nd 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Morgans

Default Houston, You Have a Problem

"Danny Deger" wrote

Have you looked at my transcript yet? I am waiting for you to post
yours.

You can not tell ONE SINGLE THING about your ability to teach from a
transcript.

Do you understand that? Do you agree with that?

If you did not answer yes to both of those questions, you will most likely
be a ****ty (very ****ty) teacher.

I've seen too many people come in to education as very well educated and
experienced in their fields, thinking that teaching will not be a problem,
and will be easy, and fall flat on their ass.

Humility would go a long way, here.

I predict you have none.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 22nd 07, 01:29 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

On Jul 21, 7:20 pm, wrote:
From Danny Dot:
On Jul 21, 6:29 pm, B A R R Y wrote:

I don't know why some feel the need to pick on spelling and grammar.

I take this as a sign my story, complete with documentation is
strong. They can't pick on the story, so they pick on the typos and
such.

My very first response gave specific feedback about failure to take
accountability for personal decisions. There was a lot that I held
back on (including spelling and grammar feedback), hoping that one
clear cut example would serve as a touchstone for not only the rest of
the paper, but your very attitude toward life.

Last I checked, it was NASA officials that lied to the local officials
to have me locked up. Please explain how I am accountable for them
lying? Are you saying I decided to have them lie?

Take a stab at them working with a local judge to deny me my due
process for a hearing or an attorney. I missed the part where you
explained my part in this was. Please refresh my memory.

Don't forget the recent abuse of NASA sick leave policy I have
provided documentation of. Please explain how I am accountable for
that.

Danny Deger
www.dannydeger.net

Old July 22nd 07, 01:32 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

On Jul 21, 7:24 pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
"Danny Deger" wrote:
P.S. You can find a copy of my transcripts at
http://www.dannydeger.net/Documents/Transcripts.pdf

I can see how taking "History of Witchcraft" would come in handy for
engineering work. :-)

It really was a good class. Great instructor. I learned the correct
answer to this question, "How many accused witches were burned at the
Salem witch trails?" Anybody know how many?

Danny Deger

Old July 22nd 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

On Jul 21, 7:28 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
snip

Humility would go a long way, here.

I predict you have none.
--

But I am the humblest person I have ever met.

Danny Deger

I was an astronaut instructor for 5 years and got rave performance
evaluations. Maybe I will scan them and post them for you.

Old July 22nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

On Jul 21, 7:15 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
snip

You might as well not post.
--
Jim in NC

You might as well not read. Tell me what newsgroup reader you are
using and will tell you how to use killfile.

Danny Deger

P.S. I am waiting for a single statement on the fact NASA abused
their power in 1999 in having me locked up and abused their power last
year in me just getting a little sick leave. Isn't this more
important to post on than the using "brake" instead of "break" or
leaving the "h" out of the word "physics". I am making some strong
accusations here folks and have the documentation to back up my
claims. How about someone disputing the documents I present with some
factual basis of their own?

Old July 22nd 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Jim Logajan

"Morgans" wrote:
Humility would go a long way, here.

That statement in conjunction with the remainder of your post appears to me
to be an amazing (and amusing) self-referential indictment. You write a
series of unqualified statements dripping with certainty and hubris and
follow them with a direction to another to practice humility. That is so...
so... typical of Usenet. :-)

Frankly, I think the world would be better if everyone engaged in humble
hubris. Or is it hubric humility? Drat - it's so humilating to be unable to
articulate my meaning.
Old July 22nd 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

On Jul 21, 7:28 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Danny Deger" wrote

Have you looked at my transcript yet? I am waiting for you to post
yours.

You can not tell ONE SINGLE THING about your ability to teach from a
transcript.

snip

Not one single thing can be told from a transcript? I will grant you
the whole story is not in a transcript, but not ONE SINGLE THING.
Give me a break. I am getting sick.

Danny Deger
www.dannydeger.net

Old July 22nd 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Derek Lyons

"Danny Deger" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
From Danny Dot:
Eye really due need to get my spel cheker fixxed :-)

GoogleGroups on Firefox is one excellent solution.

Thanks. I may just try that. I am thinking about moving to a web based
newsgroup client anyway. This way I can work from any computer. I have
currently using hotmail for email for this reason.

Hell, I'm using a version of Agent that's a decade old, and it has a
spell checker. I suspect the problem isn't the tool, but the
operator.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old July 22nd 07, 02:46 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Derek Lyons

Danny Deger wrote:

On Jul 21, 7:28 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Danny Deger" wrote

Have you looked at my transcript yet? I am waiting for you to post
yours.

You can not tell ONE SINGLE THING about your ability to teach from a
transcript.

snip

Not one single thing can be told from a transcript? I will grant you
the whole story is not in a transcript, but not ONE SINGLE THING.
Give me a break. I am getting sick.

Learn to ****ing read.

He didn't say "nothing can be told" he said "nothing can be told about
your ability to teach".

As I said a moment ago, the problem here is operator error - failure
to engage the brain.

D.

Old July 22nd 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Derek Lyons

B A R R Y wrote:

I don't know why some feel the need to pick on spelling and grammar.

I've known brilliant programmers and engineers who typed like crap,
making many spelling errors in a conversational email. I've also met
superior managers who could barely retrieve email, and needed printed
reports delivered to their desks. All of these examples could do
what they really needed to do, very, very well.

If you want to nitpick the guy's message, fine... But he qualified to
fly F-4's, did serious work for an important defense contractor, and
worked as a NASA engineer. I work with a guy who commanded two
nuclear ICBM subs, has undergraduate and graduate degrees in physics,
nuclear engineering (Naval Academy), and math, and designed towed
arrays as a civilian. I need a "decoder ring" to read his email!

One can always find exceptions that prove the rule.

We nitpick his message because his failures in communication here to
point out the failures in the larger message he's trying to sell.
It's all part of the same pattern.

D.