LeoCondo, the...

Old November 2nd 07, 07:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Joe Strout

Default LeoCondo, the...

In article ,
Craig Fink wrote:

Any other want-to-be LeoCondo owners out there?

Yes, but I need to make a few $million first. Let me get back to you
next year.

What should the minimum unit be? A cubic centimeter of volume, so almost
anyone could afford to participate?

I would want at least enough cubic to fit my body into comfortably.
Something the size of the interior of a mini-van would do.

Best,
- Joe

--
"Polywell" fusion -- an approach to nuclear fusion that might actually work.
Learn more and discuss via: http://www.strout.net/info/science/polywell/
Old November 3rd 07, 11:14 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Craig Fink

Default LeoMircoMarkets ( LeoCondo, the...

Joe Strout wrote:

In article ,
Craig Fink wrote:

Any other want-to-be LeoCondo owners out there?

Yes, but I need to make a few $million first. Let me get back to you
next year.

What should the minimum unit be? A cubic centimeter of volume, so almost
anyone could afford to participate?

I would want at least enough cubic to fit my body into comfortably.
Something the size of the interior of a mini-van would do.

Then you have to buy the rest on the Volume futures market, Futures trading,
to go with your own investment. Initially, you could probably get away with
arranging your transportation first, years in advance. Then buy enough
volume futures for your month long vacation well in advance for the time
period you want to stay. You might even want to buy some contingency time,
or wait to the last minute, volume should be relatively cheap.

Cheap, until all the volume for a specific time frame is used up. Then it
might become quite expensive. After volume becomes expensive, you might
want to buy your volume first, for your vacation, then worry about
transportation.

Airconditioned volume in space, a marketable asset. What to do with your
cubic centimeter when volume is cheap and very few Tourist are taking
vacations? Lack of transportation. Sell the first number of years on the
volume futures market, maybe someone will buy it. Maybe a farmer's co-op,
wants to buy a volume to grow food, to sell to the tourists. A little
robot, to tend the garden, pick the produce, freeze or refrigerate it. This
could develop into a food futures market.

What to do with my cubic centimeter? How about a vinyard/wineary, with a
little spider robot to tend the crop and make the wine, grape juice,
consumer grapes for tourists. The "up" mass shouldn't be to large, volume
should be relatively cheap initially. Converts CO2 to O2, uses unused power
while no one is home, it would fit nicely into several other micro-LEO
markets and futures markets. Might even be able to sell a bottle or two of
wine here on Earth. Impress your friends at dinner, by ordering the most
expensive bottle of wine at the most expensive restaurant on Earth, get
SpaceWine, it's only $100,000 per bottle. Gees, we're going to need a
better name that that.

Anybody want to go in on a LEO wineary?

And then there is risk too, if your volume pops while your property need
repair, people holding the volume futures loose their investment for the
time period.

The LeoCondoVolumeFuturesMarket, that sure seems like a good way to get
started. As soon as we get a free market system going in LEO the better.
Starting off small would seem to be a good idea, a micro-Market.

What's the lifetime of a Bigelow Hotel?

Is it time yet? To start a micro-Market in LEO? Or, is it still to early?

Really, the sooner we get something like this started, the sooner everyone
with a bright idea to produce some LEO product can get started working on
it. The Space rEVOLution will make the Internet revolution look small.
Old November 3rd 07, 11:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Craig Fink

BradGuth wrote:

On Nov 1, 9:27 am, Craig Fink wrote:
...heck with Leo HighRise.

Exactly how many room are in a Bigelow Hotel?

Purchase Time Share;
750 / 50 / ?30? = $500,000. for your own week, once a year....

Purchase One owner;
750 / ?30? = $25 million

Yearly maintenance fee;
50/50/?30? = $33,000 per week
or
$1,700,000 per unit

Humm, looks doable. Anybody want to go in on a LeoCondo deal?

LeoCondo owners are responsible for their own transportation.
--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

I think going from the ground up has certain LEO condo advantages,
although I really like the idea of those POOF City condos at Venus L2.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...903f21bbf5eeb0
LEO HighRise Agricultural, Industrial, Office and Condos (starting at
$1000/sf + 1% annual member fees)

Sometimes, it's fun to dream about near term projects, not so far in the
future.
Old November 3rd 07, 12:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Craig Fink

Joe Strout wrote:

Any other want-to-be LeoCondo owners out there?

Yes, but I need to make a few $million first. *Let me get back to you
next year.

What a sad commentary it is about our Space Programs. Sad because if you
love Space and wanted to work in the area since childhood, the only true
option was to become a product yourself. Something for governments and
corporations to mine, join the space technology mining revolution as a raw
material. Geeks are the raw material to be used and abused in this
Communist/Fascist part of the economy.

Really sad, or glad depending on your perspective, that the only people who
seem to be doing anything right now in Space are the Geeks who chose a
different path. The ones the joined and worked in the Computer/Internet
revolution. A truely free market, where Geeks are valued and allowed to
keep what they have earned. They have the million$ which translates into
the freedom to pursue their secondary Space Dreams.

Ron Paul, has always protected the Internet, worked hard to keep it a
truely "free" market, one where the participants can prosper, one where we
see those participants moving on to second careers, another industry. "Net
Neutrality", sounds nice doesn't it, but it's the first step to regulate
what is now a "free" market. Once regulated, what follows, more regulation
that will invariably favor one group over another. Regulated markets are
really about protecting and growing market share of the "old" players,
keeping other, new, more progressive, concepts, paths out of the market
place. In favor of a path that benefits who?

I'd really like to see a transition to a "free" market in LEO.

Here's a few Ron Paul videos; If I can find them again, someone is messing
with the search engine at Youtube, it hasn't been working quite right for
the last week or so. From my perspective anyway. Very stale searches
(sometimes "most recent" video are 2 or 3 days old), quite a few removed
soon after they arrive (oh look a new one only 18 hours old, click, been
removed). To, me, all political video material "is fair use" prior to an
election. Copyright protection does not exist for election videos used by
the the voter prior to election, to inform the voter about choices. To me,
this is a constitutional thing, the voter's rights and the election far
outweighs any and all interests of any copyright holder wrt distribution,
use, redistribution, modification, ... To me, an election is so important
to our form of government, our way of life, copyright does not exist, it's
covered under fair use. Just my opinion on the importance of the voter,
elections and balance of power built into the Constitution.

Youtube was thinking about video fingerprinting for copyright protection.
Seems reasonable, but it doesn't apply to elections. Again, my opinion,
about the importance of Elections.

Are election video getting caught up in the new video fingerprinting
copyright protection filter?

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Old November 3rd 07, 03:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Craig Fink wrote:
:
:Youtube was thinking about video fingerprinting for copyright protection.
:Seems reasonable, but it doesn't apply to elections. Again, my opinion,
:about the importance of Elections.
:

You're wrong. The stuff belongs to whoever produced it. Stealing it
is stealing it, regardless of how you think the theft is 'ok' because
elections are important.

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
soul with evil."
Old November 3rd 07, 05:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...ad/ee903f21bbf...
LEO HighRise Agricultural, Industrial, Office and Condos (starting at
$1000/sf + 1% annual member fees)

Sometimes, it's fun to dream about near term projects, not so far in the
future.

I totally 100% agree, as to why the initial LSE-CM/ISS prototype of a
future depot/gateway worthy outpost of such orbiting accommodations
(possibly POOF like) has been technically doable for decades (that
being especially true if you believe in anything NASA/Apollo).

It's also why my arguments/rants have been so focused upon Venus,
because it's often so nearby and having been much more humanly doable
than any other planet or moon we've got to work with, as well as
there's clearly signs of intelligent other life as having been
existing/coexisting on Venus (you already know that I kid you not).

I am not trying to steal your topic's LEO POOF Condo thunder, as I too
have been promoting a Venus L2 POOF City that I'd very much like to
see happen. Unfortunately this faith-based orchestrated usenet
cesspool of infowar/infomercial spewed disinformation plus naysayism
and/or anti-revisionism isn't being a happy camper about much of
anything, are they.
- Brad Guth -

Old November 3rd 07, 08:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Dr J R Stockton[_1_]

In sci.space.policy message ,
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 14:33:42, dott.Piergiorgio dott.PiergiorgioNIHON@KAIGUN
..fastwebnet.it posted:

I wonder, is Bigelow's Hotel is infinitely expandable? Just keep adding?

I think not, because more space means also more external surface (also
because of the more surface of solar panels needed for the grater
energy consimption; and this will aument the atmospheric drag so will
have a increased tendency to decay; the ISS tend to decay 2.5 Km. per
month, so there will be a finite limit to the espandibility of the BA
330 space hotel.

The decay rate of a body in a given circular orbit is essentially
proportional to its cross-section divided by its mass.

For a constant average density and a spherical shape, the decay rate is
therefore inversely proportional to the diameter.

That will at first apply, approximately, to a growing Bigelow cluster.

The rate of loss of energy will be proportional to the cross-section in
the direction of motion; so, if orientation along the direction of
motion can be preserved, it will be economical to have orbiters which
are long in comparison with their cross-section; with re-boost
available, decay rate is of secondary importance.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;
Old November 4th 07, 11:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.libertarian
Craig Fink

Default Secrecy in Government, will be the death of Democracy ( LeoCondo, the...

Fred J. McCall wrote, after clipped to much of the related material in his
quotation:

Craig Fink wrote:
:
:Youtube was thinking about video fingerprinting for copyright protection.
:Seems reasonable, but it doesn't apply to elections. Again, my opinion,
:about the importance of Elections.
:

You're wrong. The stuff belongs to whoever produced it. Stealing it
is stealing it, regardless of how you think the theft is 'ok' because
elections are important.

Let just say we have a difference of opinion.

It's not theft, if they don't have the rights to it.

I can see where after the political person has retired, the property holder
might regain some protections, maybe not. Information is so important in
having an informed electorate. Right, wrong, indifferent, it's up to the
people to sort it out before making their own informed decision. Voting in
ignorance is a sin. Imposing ignorance on another, is also a sin.

We seem to be descending towards some sort of all powerful Emperor/Monarchy
system. A dictator for a day, is one day too long.

Personally, this issue is so important, especially when one of the choices
is related to some other elected official, like Bush and Clinton, I'm not
sure that whatever precedence was used to keep presidential libraries
secret is valid. The information contained in these Presidential Libraries,
is just as important and necessary to have a properly informed electorate,
that they should be opened to the public. The election process is so
fundamental and important to way of life and form of government, I cannot
see how much of anything with respect to making an informed choice in the
voting booth is out of the public domain during an election.

Secrecy in Government, will be the death of Democracy.

JOO.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @