Asteriod impact

Old July 2nd 07, 09:00 PM posted to sci.astro
Zomp

Default Asteriod impact

On the 30th June I went down to my usual haunt a little pup at worting near
basingstoke and as I left the area after shopping in BandQ and Halfords I
started my journey home but the road through basingstoke had a police
barrier saying "road closed - asteroid impact expected" so I just went round
the back of the town toward the motor way and the jam their was also
notified by the same sign both ways, so I went over the bridge avoiding the
jam and wound my way to avoid another town (alton) also a preicted impact
sight, now no one hangs around to see an impact so I just went on avoiding
the A 31 somehow as that goes via alton and somehow ended up ending guilford
and on to the A3.

As I came up the A3 the steet lights just went off, I heard something like a
very heavy butterfly passing over head.

I soon got home. I noticed how dark the sky had become and today 2 July it
is still overcast and the sleet started.

It might be like this for 50 years.

What are we going to eat? And why don't we now begin the manufacture and use
of the stellerator for driving machines, and light for growing food in
closhes.

Christians kill people who say they are dead when they are dead in the
irrational believe that killing them will save their own miserable lives.

I give up!

I did say the sky is dark does anyone know if an impact took place?

King Kong

Old July 2nd 07, 10:44 PM posted to sci.astro
George Dishman[_1_]

"Zomp" wrote in message
news
[...]

Get help Chris, none of it is real.

Old July 2nd 07, 11:16 PM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_2_]

"Zomp" wrote in message
news : On the 30th June I went down to my usual haunt a little pup at worting
near
: basingstoke

Worthing is near Basingstoke? Hmm.. I once lived in Durrington,
I didn't know that.
Worthing is near Lansing, Shoreham, Hove and Brighton.

and as I left the area after shopping in BandQ and Halfords I
: started my journey home but the road through basingstoke had a police
: barrier saying "road closed - asteroid impact expected"

Ok... my bull**** meter just went into the red.
**** off.
*plonk*

Old July 3rd 07, 03:51 AM posted to sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

Androcles wrote:

"Zomp" wrote in message
news : On the 30th June I went down to my usual haunt a little pup at worting
near
: basingstoke

Worthing is near Basingstoke? Hmm.. I once lived in Durrington,
I didn't know that.
Worthing is near Lansing, Shoreham, Hove and Brighton.

and as I left the area after shopping in BandQ and Halfords I
: started my journey home but the road through basingstoke had a police
: barrier saying "road closed - asteroid impact expected"

Ok... my bull**** meter just went into the red.
**** off.
*plonk*

Poor baby.

Trainer and leash holder of:
Honest "Clockbrain" John
nightbat "fro0tbat" of alt.astronomy
http://www.caballista.org/auk/kookle.php?search=deco

Old July 3rd 07, 03:01 PM posted to sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

Zomp wrote:

How much are you paid to say that?

US $0.35 per letter.

Old July 3rd 07, 07:58 PM posted to sci.astro
John Griffin

"Zomp" wrote:

[...]

I believe there was a heavy and repeated impact of a shillelagh
on your head.
Old July 3rd 07, 10:41 PM posted to sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
Zomp

It never came, I went today and the asteroid stayed away, Basingstoke is
still there. But as I was driving around and just as I began to leave I was
rammed with considerable skill by an unmarked police car to disable my car,
it was a standard shunt because I did an emegancy stop to avoid a speeding
car, another death trap. I did the standard exchange of names and insurance
companies and limped to the station to report the accident to my insurance
company the accident took place on the A30 ringway and the cop left.

They did not come quickly enough to pick up my car so since mum and I were
collapsing we took a train home and abandoned thd locked car in the station
car park.

today

Old July 3rd 07, 11:13 PM posted to sci.astro,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

Zomp wrote:

It never came, I went today and the asteroid stayed away, Basingstoke is
still there. But as I was driving around and just as I began to leave I was
rammed with considerable skill by an unmarked police car to disable my car,
it was a standard shunt because I did an emegancy stop to avoid a speeding
car, another death trap. I did the standard exchange of names and insurance
companies and limped to the station to report the accident to my insurance
company the accident took place on the A30 ringway and the cop left.

They did not come quickly enough to pick up my car so since mum and I were
collapsing we took a train home and abandoned thd locked car in the station
car park.

today

Ah yes, I understand. The asteroid might have saved all that, if it
had the common courtesy to show up when expected.

"Art Deco" wrote in message
Zomp wrote:

How much are you paid to say that?

US $0.35 per letter.

"Art Deco" wrote in message
.. .
Androcles wrote:

"Zomp" wrote in message
[...]

7 Iris - an easy asteriod - is visible canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 6 November 21st 06 07:42 AM
Chrismas Eve Asteriod Pass winglesswonder03 Misc 0 December 18th 04 02:35 AM
"Unusual" asteriod (944) Hidalgo Per Erik Jorde Amateur Astronomy 2 November 8th 04 10:33 AM
Asteriod Question Lise Eleanor Misc 124 September 3rd 04 04:36 AM
Asteriod Orbits... Mike Dworetsky UK Astronomy 4 February 27th 04 12:52 PM